Weird execrises?

This guy at my gym showed me some variants I've never done before (until today). Wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about
>reverse curls
>drag curls
>face pulls
>arnold curls
>arnold presses
>this thing that's sort of like lying dumbbell tricep extension, except your arm is straight up like bench, but slightly angled so it's over your opposite shoulder, then you extend the elbow straight, he called them "seig heils"
>tripod dumbbell row... it was bent over, one arm at a time (i've always done db row with one knee on a bench)

Also post uncommon exercises if you do them at least once per week.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/ooohbabybeast/?hl=en
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stafon_Johnson#Barbell_accident
instagram.com/p/gWdm7tSUGT/?hl=en&taken-by=ooohbabybeast
instagram.com/p/gOte_IyUMg/?hl=en&taken-by=ooohbabybeast
youtube.com/watch?v=yKVVKE6xj1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh yeah, another one was like a front delt raise, except it went up to the opposite shoulder, felt it more in my chest than the front delt.

Bumping for interest

I don't see it much here but I do yoga at least 3 days a week for 20-60 minutes a session. I found it helped with DOMs and seeing how flexible one can get is pretty darn fun.

I also walk on my hands a lot. Started by practicing in a doorway with my feet "holding" on to the sides or top of the door for balance until I could just hand stand on my own. Went from there to hand stand pushups and now I can ALMOST do a walk over. which is my ultimate goal.

Do face pulls if you want to avoid looking like a slouched over neanderthal

weird exercises I've done:
>monkey rows for traps+delts
>lateral Paloff press, trains lots of stabilizers
>weighted hollow-body bridge holds for ur fuck muscles
>isometric bench hold

Should I do them instead of rows, or in addition? Aren't they hitting the traps just like shrugs?

oh, also bowing pushups, helps with sex in the missionary position

they hit more muscles than shrugs iirc

>reverse curls

Great exercise, since imo forearms > biceps/triceps. You still get some bicep work out of them, of course. Barbell curls are another good one for hitting forearms. I like to camp out at the fixed bar rack and alternate sets of supinated barbell curls and reverse barbell curls. Together they hit both sides of my forearms nicely. Throw in some pullups and double-overhand deadlifts, and you're all set as far as forearm development goes.

In addition to rows. And yes, facepulls hit the traps, but not the same way shrugs do.

Would it be good to alternate shrugs or facepulls, each workout? I liked how the facepulls felt, but I don't want to give up shrugs, and I don't want to pull or tear my traps either.

>Would it be good to alternate shrugs or facepulls, each workout?

Idk lol. Sounds good to me. Be sure to hold the contraction at the top of your shrug for a second before lowering the weight. Most people I see doing shrugs do them really fast, which robs you of gains. This is also what I used to do before I knew any better.

Same here. I also lean over slightly, so that I can retract my scapula as I shrug. With a barbell shrug, I do a wide snatch grip.

Bumpp

>see this gif
>think she's super cute
>get /r/ to find her Instagram for me
>now has fake tits and huge muscles
Back to 2D for me I guess

jefferson deadlifts, old style split snatches are both fun to do and work out the muscles a little differently than there traditional counterparts

damn really?
at least give me the insta so I can see for myself

Biggest guy I know swears by arnold presses

instagram.com/ooohbabybeast/?hl=en

Not bad looking at all, but she's not cute

Guillotine presses. Kills my shoulders, in a good way. No more awkward feeling than a regular OHP, except almost exclusively feel the lift in delts.

Only bad part about guillotines is the high potential for injury or death.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stafon_Johnson#Barbell_accident

In addition to rows. They hit the traps as well but if done correctly they're mainly working your rear delts and rotator cuff, which is very important for shoulder health.
Bad idea to alternate, do your facepulls every day you're doing pushing motions.

>pushing motions
You mean pulling motions, right?

My pull day on PPLPPLx is getting full
>rows
>pullups
>two types of rows
>rear delt raises
>shrugs

Should I insert facepulls before shrugs?

>two types of rows
Meant curls

>instagram.com/ooohbabybeast/?hl=en
are yo sure those are the same people? the face and lips look completely different

instagram.com/p/gWdm7tSUGT/?hl=en&taken-by=ooohbabybeast

It's her. At the least, she got lip injections. Was cuter back then, now faker looking.

instagram.com/p/gOte_IyUMg/?hl=en&taken-by=ooohbabybeast

facepulls will make your shoulder and back god tier - like roman/greek statue god tier

All memes except face pulls, but that's only because anterior delts are the single most undertrained muscle group and causes arguably the most common postural abnormality and could lead to further rotator cuff damage.

You can do any of these exercises if you like them though, just know that they're not "better" than any other curl, shoulder press, tricep extensions or row variation.

Cable, bands, or dumbbells?

How heavy?

what is her insta?

Cable or band, light and focus on rotating your shoulders back rather than pulling.

Could bust out some heavier seated ones for bodybuilding purposes though, but that might be counterproductive as far as health goes.

Hold the phone, I'm not the brightest individual when it comes to Veeky Forums topics, but are reverse curls really not useful? It's an entirely different feeling exercise (might be placebo-ing myself here) but I lift 10 pounds less on reverse than regular.

anyone doing this lift is actually retarded

>Alright we can do front squat or back squats
>nah man let's do their retarded cousin version instead that destroys your back and bruise your hands XD

>drag curls
this shit is PUMPFUCKINGTASTIC
I really really really like doing them.

Reverse curls are one of the best if not the best exercise for targeting and isolating the brachialis, which is usually the weakest link for most pronated heavy pulling exercise. That said, heavy pulling is still the best way to get good at heavy pulling.

>I do a trap/bicep workout which is nothing more than a standard pull day but I isolate away from my lats to my innerback.
>Narrow chin-ups for bi's and traps
>Narrow lat pulldowns
>Narrow Lat rows
>Farmer walks
>Hammer grip db shrugs
>Rack shrugs
>Bodyweight rows on a hip height pull up bar (narrow grip underhand)
Savage trap/bi's gains

>huge muscles
>this is what you consider huge

> sieg heils
Stealing. Any sources for form?

> Your hands

Why

uh i do brap raises

This depresses me

youtube.com/watch?v=yKVVKE6xj1Q

Skip to 8:45

>he called them "seig heils"
Gold

You joke but this is very serious. We're seeing the rise of fascism again and it's scary. My girlfriend just called me from her other boyfriend's (open relationship, he's more of the physical boyfriend whereas I'm her emotional rock) apartment bawling her eyes out how right wing politics are on the rise again.

I just can't believe this is the state of things. Makes me feel so ashamed.