How do you guys work alcohol in your diet to enjoy a few cold brews but not damage your gains...

How do you guys work alcohol in your diet to enjoy a few cold brews but not damage your gains? Is there a certain amount of beer (or whiskey) per week that you can drink that doesn't effect gains too much?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24748461
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they are just calories... useless carbs... so just cut the rest of the cars bout for that day and go all in on protein and fats..
and lots of water

I heard alcohol fucks with protein synthesis and thus actively counters gains

If you are training natty you are gonna be at it for years before even making it by Veeky Forums standards. Partying once a week, or having a few beers a few times a week isn't gonna set you back much more than the effect of empty calories, over the span of the years you will be training it's not gonna make much of a dent (as long as you are counting the alcohol calories if on a cut).

If you aren't natty then I don't even know if binge drinking 4 times a week would significantly slow your gains, you are literally leaving humanity behind with those hormone levels.

So my nightly brew shouldn't kill my gains?
>Less than 1 full year lifting
This guy used to come into this bar I worked at who was evidently using steroids. Used to watch him pound down several pints. Wonder if roids help you drink more too

I used to worry about taking too much carbs and calories from beer, but then I read that most spirits have around 60-70 calories per oz and no carbs. So I've stuck to whiskey for the most part. Haven't noticed too much of a change in my gains or strength levels.

I don't have any social gains to lose so I don't drink

i did the same thing and keep drinking to once a week. hasn't really slowed down anything.

So much this. Fellas, let loose and drink socially. Gains are agonizingly slow no matter what.

So if I had like... 2-3 beers a week, it wouldn't ruin my gains?

Is it better if spread out (ie 1 beer every 3 days) or all drank on one day?

Just count calories. Drink Guinness.

Its not the calories I'm worried about, since I'm bulking anyways, it's if it interferes with protein synthesis

You aren't even getting drunk at that point , what is the point?

I like the taste of beer
Also since I never drink I get a lil tipsy off 3 beers

Just don't drink at all. Alcohol is poison.

i drink at night. it helps me sleep. i dont drink during the day caus normies will call me an alcoholic. i think if your diet is pretty clean and you workout alot it is fine. just dont make it a crutch.

>drinking beer
>literally welcoming the estrojew
kys faggot. I get that it looks manly in burgerland but just drink anything else seriously

when u start worrying about this shit and are still on Veeky Forums.. then you've lost sight of where you are and where you are likely to wind up.

I'll just leave this here

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24748461

>Additionally, if athletes are to consume alcohol after sport/exercise, a dose of approximately 0.5 g/kg body weight is unlikely to impact most aspects of recovery and may therefore be recommended if alcohol is to be consumed during this period.
>3 standard drinks per 200lbs of weight daily

This
>drinking beer after freshmen year
kys senpai

There's a lot of very tasty beers around. I'm also a big fan of whisky and some wine (mostly in combination with food), but having one or two cold quality beers is nice.

all beers taste like piss to me. now I'm gonna get tons of (you)s from kids calling me underage, don't care much. I too used to fall for the "nothing like grabbing a cold one with friends xD aha epic manly beer" meme when I was 18 but I realized I was just pretending, and honestly I think a lot of people are as well. It's just a very peculiar taste.
It's incredibly popular among students (though historically my country's never been a beer country and it's only hip because of burgers and memes) to the point where stating you don't like it is blasphemy+social suicide. It's basically the drink equivalent of beards, bacon, oreos and all that normie shit. Beer culture is just another normie fad. But fuck that, if I want to get drunk I'll drink some other, stronger alcohol (which is also likely to taste like rotten piss btw) and if I want something that tastes good I'll just drink milk or something (since let's be honest, alcoholic drinks are tolerable at best taste-wise). Beer accomplishes nothing.
That and you know, estrogen and such.
You can cap this, keep it and look back at it when you're over the age of 21.

i like bitter shit so beer is good for me if you like sour shit or sweet shit then drink mix drinks? how dense are people?

Red Wine is great, you can even stay in keto if you're into that kind of thing.

yeah absolutely, I agree. my point is, I wouldn't be surprised if 50+% beerfags were lying about liking it. most people don't like "bitter shit". give them something that tastes similar to beer, but with no social value, they probably won't go out of their way to drink it.

Its okay if you don't like it user, thats fine, you don't need to convince yourself that everyone is just pretending to like it to feel good about your opinion.

Yeah you're right to degree. I used to pretend to like it and a lot of people do, however I actually do really enjoy the taste of it now that I'm older, so much so that I could drink unalcoholic beer and it is actually nice to drink a cold beer after a hard day. But yes, there is a meme culture around beer with normies. "Le epic cold manly beer after a hard days work xD".

nah not everyone but it's a peculiar taste, I'm having trouble believing that it's every single 20yo on the face of the planet's favourite taste ever is all. most people don't like bitter things. hell the word even has a whole slew of negative connotations.

I pretty much agree with you, though I like strong, bitter flavours like black coffee and there are beers that are legitimately good tasting (you ever had spruce beer? No wonder the vikings didn't mind harsh voyage on the cold sea). The amount of shilling that hops have gotten though has completely turned me off of beers and what was an interesting revival of more traditional ingredients in ales (literally anything but hops thanks).

I've switched to red wine now as a go to.

>it is actually nice to drink a cold beer after a hard day
yeah but that goes for a cold anything. why put beer on its own special pedestal like normies do, that's such an odd notion. Cold water is god tier after a hard day. I'd much rather have that than any beer. And if I wanted to drink something with a taste I like I'd see tens of better options. Same thing if I wanted to get drunk. Seems to me like for everything beer does there is something that does it better. So I just don't get why it's such a huge deal.
>I've switched to red wine now as a go to.
>mfw french
>mfw traditionally my countrymen are supposed to drink wine
>mfw beer culture is slowly taking over, numales talking about crafts beer everywhere
>wine is now something for old and unrefined guys
I mean we're celebrating fucking Saint Patrick's for Christ's sake. It's ridiculous enough when burgers do it.

So if I drink two 40's every night or every other night, I'm good?

if u mix it with youre protne shake the negative effects are compleetly negated and drink as much as u want

Once a month I drink a bottle of tequila and fuck my wife like a wild animal for 3 hours. She doesn't walk so well the next day.

Yea binge drinking ftw. Obviously within reason. If you're getting so fucked up that missing meals the next day and can't do shit then gains will suffer, but I also try to limit my shit to one night per week. Usually no more than 7 drinks.

what kind of fucking retarded woman likes getting fucked for 3 hours by a guy with tequilla dick

jesus christ