Best routine

So Veeky Forums, what is objectively the best routine for size and strength?
Inb4 read the sticky

the ultimate best routine for size and strength:

1) eat a lot
2) lift a lot
3) sleep a lot

Accurate

and repeat for ever.

don't eat junk thou

Define sleep a lot. At 8-9 hours I already feel that's too much.

This easy fellas

8 hours minimum, 10 is ideal.

OP here, anyone got a sample routine they use? I'm stagnating on my routine and I need one that I can use

8 is plenty for a grown up person.
A regular sleep cycle with 8 hours of sleep should keep you well rested and energetic even with taxing physical work and work-out. Lack of nutrition and mental stress can tear on that though.

>go to gym every other day
>eat 120% of your daily protein needs
>get 9 hours of sleep

This is just an example of what you can do, you don't need no tutorial from some guy on the internet, this is some basic stuff

How do you force yourself to sleep that early. I always end up laying in bed staring at the wall until midnight

>This plonker

TopKek. He was saying to sleep for 8-10 hours, not sleep between 8-10 o'clock.

Minimize caffeine after noon.
Don't consume too much media or sit in front of a screen before going to bed. These are just tips which could help.
Generally you should be tired enough to fall asleep after a day with exercise and whatever you do as hobby or work.
If you are neeting around get a hobby.

Okay since this is a simple stupid question thread,

What's better, doing 90 sit ups or 3 sets of 30?

Get off a "routine" and get on a program with built in progression. If you live the brosplit lyfe, 5/3/1 or Juggernaut would be a good place to start.

10 hours of sleep is way too much. Oversleeping is unhealthy just as undersleeping is.

I know what he meant I just always end up hovering around 5-6 hours of sleep every night and am tired all day but can never seem to sleep at night

Add weights to your sit ups/ do less retarded core excersizes

Example of the routine I run:

A day -

3x5 bench, 1x10 deloaded, 1x10 deloaded close grip
3x8 rows
3x10 incline bench, superset 3x5 bottom half of rep
3x10 tricep pulldowns
3x5 chin-ups (progress to weighted)
3x10 hanging leg raises

B day -
3x5 squat, 1x10 deloaded squat
3x5 OHP, 2x10 deloaded OHP
3x10 upright DB rows
1x5 deadlift
3x8 BB curl, superset 3x12-15 DB curl
3x10 hanging leg raises

Standard pacing. AxBxAxx, followed by BxAxBxx.

Do typical warmups for strength sets on your compounds, shorten rests for volume sets.

Plug and play accessories to your liking. I prefer upright rows, but you can do lay raises if you'd rather. Same with curls, you can do heavy preacher followed up with single arm volume preacher. I like to do corner barbell rows with a D handle, as sometimes throw in a 1x12 deloaded if I'm feeling good.

Mix up your chin ups every month. Do neutral grip the first month, pull ups the second month, and full chins or maybe try a wide grip the third month.

Don't want to do incline bench? Substitute with a push-up routine of wide, normal, close, and reverse grip push ups using the smith machine set to the lowest position.
It's pretty plug and play as long as you maintain the strength reps on the compounds. Squatting only on B days prevents T-Rex mode but maintains the benefits of squatting for the other main lifts.

Add 5 lbs each exercise on the main lifts like a normal strength program. if you feel like it's not enough volume, then change to 4x6.

I would only recommend changing deadlifts to volume sets if you're happy with your DL weight, and I would still only go for 2x8. Otherwise, go for strength.
Eat at maintenance, or surplus if your stremgth reps start to stall. If you fail to rep out your strength sets twice in a row, deload 10% and work back up.

You'll never look shredded on this routine, but it prevents the bulky fat, T-Rex mode that SS and SL creates while still building a muscular physique.

Please delete this picture ASAP as possible

If I don't set an alarm and get a perfect night's sleep it almost always corresponds to ~7.5 hours which is 5x 90-minute sleep cycles.

Read Practical Programming and make your own routine

Why don't you just say lifting for spiritual gains?