1/3 of Americans are obese

>1/3 of Americans are obese
>1/4 of Canadians are obese
>1/4 of Aussies are obese
>1/5 of Europeans are obese
>less than 1/10 of Asians are obese
What the fuck is wrong with western society? How do we stop this?

Because, this is true virtually all over the west, modern liberals preach how hedonism is natural and modern conservatives yell about how the government has no business telling people what they can and can't put in their bodies. Also neither advocate the implementation of physical education.
I'm not trying to get political this is just how things are in most places where this is a problem.

slants eat nothing but dirt, bark and rice

Food industry is fucking the west with poison, your governments are corrupt and don't give a fuck

in west food usually does not try to run away from frying pan

most of asia is too poor to consistently afford the large amount of calorie dense food needed to get obese. this combined with a really strong culture of fat shaming (most skinny chicks here would be seen as overweight by their standards) keeps everyone in check when they can overeat.

High fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.

This. Asians have no fucking problem calling you or even family members fat fucks in public.

>wanting everyone else to be just as fit as you are

Let them destroy themself who the fuck cares man

YUUU FATTY FAT AMERIKKAN GOE RAN FAIV MILE FATTY FAT

Actually asians in western cultures also are generally leaner because of diet. Asians just find no problem shaming each other, no muh f33lings. Although the fat ones are FUCKING FAT.

Can confirm, am korean and family members (even relatives you have not seen for a long time) will comment on your weight and call you out. But this is normal lol for most asian cultures I believe. Koreans are just more focused on appearances than most.

>soda "culture"
>eating out "culture"
>microwave dinner "culture"
>fast food "culture"
>Put hormones in the livestock "culture"
>Put my monsanto pesticide all over my monsanto crop "culture"

It's just fucking depressing desu

South is fattest

Is this why Koreans and Japs are so skinny despite having easy access to garbage food? Are they actually Veeky Forums or just skinny?

>fat for life
>start eating right and lifting 5 months ago
>down 20kg,20 more to go minimum

Feels good man. It's so much easier than I feared I'm already upset knowing that obesity will continue to be a huge problem. But it took me decades and several false starts to see real change, so I get it.

>3/4 of men in the US are overweight
Feels good being better than 75% of the population, doesn't it?

North Korea obesity: 1/Whole country
Move there.

They're skinny.

Most Japs eat a traditional diet and play cardio intensive sports like football in their youth. When I was in Japan with a host family, meals were fairly simple like eggs, stove top cooked veggies, and fish/chicken. All simple foods not stuffed with chemical shit or heavy carbs.

On the flip side when my friends were going to school in America. They got fatter in roughly a 3 year period eating college food. I didn't notice but their family members back home quickly pointed out how fat they were upon their return

They eat more. Asians eat less. /thread

Nah there was a study showing second generation Asians are statistically more obese than the first generations.

And I'm sure less than 1/10 of Africans are obese. Not being able to eat generally makes people weigh less

asians roast the fuck out of each other over their weight

asia singlehandedly proves that giving people shit for gaining weight is the best way to motivate them to lose it

or just not put it on in the first place

I work in a Japanese high school. There is one overweight teacher and one overweight student, and that's it.

Britain takes down whole europe in this statistics

>1/4 aussies
Then where does the bullshit stat that aus overtook america in fats per capita come from?

Asian countries don't give a shit about "feelings" and obese people either get their shit together or kill themselves because of the bullying.

>30%
Getting almost as tubby as Amerifats

That all being said, the children of Nouveau riche classes in China are horrendously obese. It's because its seen as a status symbol to be able to give you children anything they want (including obesity, apparently.

I was in Indonesia over the summer and most people are slim, but I would chalk that up to being poor. However, rich children by contrast are often fat or fit.

My own Asian family has very little tolerance for weight gain. I put on 3 kg between last year and this year (only just started going to the gym and browsing Veeky Forums) and a girl who works for my family's restaurant asked me about my weight gain.

So, the old generation is prone to being thin and fatshaming but the new generation fat shames and fattens their children.

this is most of it. the fat shaming culture is there, but overrated.

look at the statistics of meat-eating and junk food/fast food popularity in east asian countries. look at the obesity statistics. Japan and Korea are both expensive and vain, so they will likely never be more obese than America, but there are more and more fatties there every year. They're just more extreme outliers, not a gradient of gluttony.

China and Taiwan, shit, most of their 'traditional foods' are fried carb-loaded shit, few restaurants even have healthy options, as the young generation learns less and less how to cook properly and relies more and more on eating out, pre-made meals, and generally adopts a diet even worse than western ones? Yeah, China especially is going to have a huge obesity epidemic on its hands in two or three decades.

>mfw my country has a low obesity rate
>mfw i have no face