If I only do compound lifts, what kind of body can will I get?

I was planning on doing:

Deadlifts
Squats
Bench press
Lat pull downs
OHP

and nothing else.

Is it true that doing strictly compound lifts will give me a shit body?

Pic vaguely related. It's what I look like now.

You'll have no arms but otherwise good

OP here.

I'm asking because I want to keep things simple. I'd rather not do fifty different types of isolation exercises. But I'll do them if I have to, if compound only exercises will put me in t-rex mode or something. I definitely want to be proportional

Well no arms isn't good. Are you messing with me? Triceps get action from benching. Deltoid from the OHP. Biceps from the lat pulldown.

I admit the lat pulldown will do less than Preacher Curls, but I'd rather not do three separate arm exercises in addition to the compound lifts. My time is already so limited.

You do lat pulldowns with pronated hands.
You don't use your biceps.

I only do compounds

You will need direct arm work to grow your arms in proportion, yes these muscles are activated to some degree when doing compounds but it's not enough. You don't need to do a ton of isolation, but doing some extra bicep and shoulder work won't hurt, although you'll probably be fine for triceps since I'm assuming you'll be doing heavy pressing every workout if you follow a set up like SS/SL or Greyskull.

This guy is wrong. It's genetics. Some people can do only compounds and have huge arms others can do the same and have tiny arms. All up to your gene's.

I recommend pic related, should take under an hour (you should need less rest than it says) and it was very effective for me. I would say to do DL 2x5 or 3x3 instead of 1x5 though.

I used to do back and chest and arm lifts after compounds and I was in pretty good shape. Then I joined a wrestling team and naturally tapered to just doing compounds, and now I'm cut out of fucking wood and my cardio is insane.

If you want to look hot, do the gay arms and flye exercises. If you want to be a freak athlete of strength and stamina start a combat sport.

You're biceps still work dum-dum

>This guy is wrong
>Let me go on to tell you why he's correct
????

your delts show it too

Don't be a retard. Can some people get big arms only doing compounds? Maybe but those people are genetic anomalies, not the majority.

Genetics might change your insertions and HELP, but anyone can get 16" arms even with shit genetics.

You said you need to have isolations to grow big arms but you dont.

Some peoples gene's allow them to grow bigger arms faster and with little to no work directly. Your insertions have nothing to do with it.

Me and my buddy started with the same routine and same diet. He had 17 inch arms only doing compounds I had 15 inch. I needed to add isolations to make them grow. He did not. Thats how genetics work dumbass.

stop wearing that hat, you look like a neckbeard. Mirin that sword tho

1)
>Genetics might change your insertions and help
>and
Learn to read you dunce

2)
>Some people need isolations
Yeah no shit that's what the original post you replied to said. Most people need them hence why I told OP to do it, every once in a while someone doesn't, they're the minority.

Should he do only compounds for months just to find out his arms didn't grow as much as they could have and now he has to play catch up on the off chance he's one of those anomalies?

Christ you're dumb.

Replace lat pulldown with chinups and you are good.

You said people who get big arms doing compounds are genetic anomalies and they fucking arent. Plus you thought insertions have anything to do with size. All they do is determine how your muscle shape will look.

Beginner routines cut out isolations for a reason they aren't fucking needed at first and if you do need them add them when you move to an intermediate to routine.

You are the dumbest fuck on this board and I feel bad for anyone who falls for your advice.

>no push ups or pull ups

You'll never make it

Source for most people having to do arm isolations? Other than your ass of course. There are dudes who are ripped doing just bodyweight and there are no arm isolation exercises in those routines other than dips and meme shit like bodyweight curls that nobody does.

Yes, they are accessorized. But not prioritized, as lat pulldowns are still a BACK DOMINANT movement

Pull ups and chin ups are better suited for biceps

Insertions can make your muscle look bigger, so yeah they're pretty fuckin important to making your arms look better.

And 90% of people I've ever talked to, seen on here or on youtube needed to work their arms to get them decently large, just because your twat friend got a pump in your little sample size of 2 doesn't make it not true ya dumb fuck. Look at the guy that posted earlier in this thread or the stereotypical SS victim, they all have shit arms because they don't do direct work. The only novice routines I've seen that don't have ANY isolated arm work are SS and SL which is just a ripoff of SS. You said yourself you only have 15s from only doing compounds.

Am I advocating a shitload of isolation? No. I posted a greyskull variation with 1 iso per session. If you weren't such a dumb shit head you'd realize that your shithead friend is the exception not the rule.

This is probably why Rip suggests doing them supinated until you can do chins.

agreed, 1x5 wasn't enough for me, I'd also recommend at least 2x5