Squatting atg a little bit more than 2pl8s

>squatting atg a little bit more than 2pl8s
>mfw gym owner thinks im going heavy
>tells i need a spotter

>spotter
>for squats

What about a squat cage?
Even without it: you sit down and the weight falls behind you (or you just drop it). Horrible.

ive never understood this either
ive had multiple people ask me for spot on squats and multiple ask if i needed a spot when i was only doing around 2pl8s

2pl8 is impressive for normies, wich makes making strenght gains hard

OP here

exactly
but
>gym owner
i just laugh internally

He saw your shitty form and knows you're gonna hurt yourself

He is trying to help

>shitty form
ok lad

i only saw 2 people squat
both of them half squat with less than 2pl8

This. Don't let this board fool you, any lift where the weight (in lb) starts with 200 is shocking to normies. Benching 2pl8 is super impressive to most people.

Tell the gym owner to fuck off and then ask for his wife's phone number.

>ask for his wife's phone number

no way

I've had people tell me to use a belt or a neckpad when I reached 2pl8, I always just said I'd consider it
>I never did

>their faces when they see us reach 3pl8

I use a spotter when going heavy but i'm on the second floor and the gym don't want their floor broken.

noice

>and then you proceed to add 5 lbs. next session

Kek I did 335 atg for 3 at 164 5'7.5

>and then they get laid at parties while you're at the doctor's office for debilitating knee pain

>Even without it: you sit down and the weight falls behind you (or you just drop it).

A spotter is so that doesn't have to happen. Sometimes you just need the smallest bit of assistance to get the weight up. Sometimes just having somebody spot you can make you mentally feel more capable, and you'll end up lifting more than you thought you could.

If you don't know how to squat, sure.

>164 5'7.5
LONDON

I bet you watch functional patterns dyel

Only time the duty PT asked if I needed a spot was for 130 kg. I was working up to a PR and he was eyeballing the fuck out of me while I was doing 120 and 125 (kg).

I've only ever lifted in university gyms or power lifting gyms.

Are you saying if I go to a generic chain gym people will be impressed by my shitty numbers?

It's not. I go to a normie gym and I was repping out 2pl8 and no one cared. It's probably because I'm 5'5 though lol

>tfw squat 405 bellow parallel for triples and no one notices me.

I workout at the and there's only 1 person who squats 2pl8. I would expe t people to be impressed with my squats but no one notices.
Is it because I'm a manlet?

Yes. Too small to notice.

Being a fat fuck and squatting 4pl8s isnt impressive

This.

I was doing an amrap of 315 as my last set. And guy came up and asked "whats your secret?" I didnt know what to say. I just said eat right and lift heavy.

You're probably fat or just don't seem approachable I.e have earphones on.
I was out of town so I went to a commercial gym squatted 415 benched 285 ohp 185 all for 3 sets of two and then diddy 405 for 5 and honestly had 3-4 normies ask for tips and introduce themselves. I'm 5"7 178 so manlet not the reason

"try harder"

best routine to increase approachableness?

>6'3'', 200lbs decently lean, resting bitch face
>got fit
>now everyone's too scared to talk to me
>get to know me, realise i'm a nice guy

Why do people want to be sociable at the gym? I get annoyed when someone asks me how many sets i have left

>barbell shrugging two plates casually
>"wow user you're pretty strong"
Yep. It's kinda nice.

coz being social is fun and rewarding?

100 situps and 100 pushups every morning

4u

Dunno man ever since I start doing above 1/2/3/4 for reps people just come to chat

>2pl8 shrug
>strong

Pick one