QTDDTOT

/QTDDTOT/ - Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Ask stupid shit instead of flooding the board with threads

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html
nypost.com/2017/08/18/teen-girl-dies-after-doing-100-squats/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How come I can do 47.5kg pemdlay rows but I need 32.5kg assistance on chin ups? Don't they both focus on lats+biceps? Doesn't make sense for one to be so far behind.

what's a good breakfast for someone who doesn't do much exercise but lives a productive lifestyle?

so the 1/2/3/4 meme is for 1RM or for 5 reps?

Are you white/european? Skip breakfast eat lunch.

I'm like skeletal but still have a small "belt of fat" flab going on and my pecs are flabby. I guess I'd call myself a good base for moving towards lifting and build muscle but I want this flab gone first. What does one do?

6'2"
160-170lbs
23 years old

I've been lifting for about two months, and on the bench, I'm still having trouble feeling chest activation. I haven't been bumping up my weights because I'm worried about my potentially shit form, but I've watched a lot of videos and doing all the bringing down shoulders and arching back stuff. Is it normal not to feel it very much in your chest at lower weights? I feel cable crossovers pretty intensely.

I think that the biceps focus on pendaly rows depends on your grip, and even with a supinated grip, I think chin ups requires more bicep strength.
Or maybe you're fat and just simply can't chin up your own weight.

You start lifting right now, and keep losing weight.

I'm going from Europe to Canada to visit some family, if I were to load up on some ephedrine bottles would customs have a problem?

>bench
Inclines, declines..

Oh see I thought it was cut, then bulk. I wasn't aware I could do both. So start lifting, high protein low fat, and do some running?

Can anyone share some "secret" high protein/fiber foods that are easy to incorporate into the diet (i.e. not disgusting)? For example, I recently discovered chia seeds were high in both and they basically don't taste like anything so I've been adding them to a bunch of stuff.

What is the best at-home leg day workout?

Idealy something that either requires small storable equipment or none at all

How do I start swimming for ottermode? I just want to get out of skinnyfat so bad.

Is yoga a beneficial thing to try following your workout? Or is a regular stretch sufficient?

I'm tired of doing SL I wasn't to switch to something else. Would 5/3/1 be a good option?

How do you plan your meals?

How the fuck do you mew? I try to find videos and shit on it but all I find is Pokemon and cat videos. How do I know if I'm doing it right?

When you're a beginner, you're going to gain muscle mass even in a cut, obviously, less than when you're bulking. So, lift, keep losing fat to whatever point you want to, then lean bulk.

Yes, 5/3/1 is a solid choice and many people on Veeky Forums do it after SS/SL with fairly consistent results.
Body squats, seated leg raises, calf raises, you can get some adjustable dumbbells that take up barely any space.
It's not a bad idea to focus on form. Make sure you're going low enough otherwise you'll only feel it in your arms unless you're just not benching heavily enough for your chest yet.
Most people say for 5 reps. And by most people I mean people on Veeky Forums who aren't DYELs or shit/baitposters.

What does 1/2/3/4 mean?

I would swim on my rest days. If you're doing something like a PPL which I'm assuming not if you're skinnyfat, I wouldn't know. Otherwise just do it until you have to stop swimming like 3 times.
Yoga's good. Any stretching is good. As long as you're covering as much of your body as you can, it's fine.
It's just a shorthand for the initial strength goals for any DYEL looking to get Veeky Forums. The numbers refer to the 4 main lifts and the number of 45 lb plates on each side of a standard olympic barbell. In order, it's a 135 lb overhead press, 225 lb flat bench, 315 lb back squat, and 405 lb deadlift. This is what people refer to when they say shit like 2pl8, 3pl8, etc. Even if it'd be easier to just type the number.

thanks man have a Dougie for you help

I just started 5x5 today I have a few questions. It's too easy right now, when does it get harder? Do I space out the workouts? Do I drink a protein shake before or after? Will this be bad for weight loss if I'm a fat fuck?

I'm doing SS for 6 months total and added in shit like lat raises, incline bench, calf raises, etc. just because I got bored only doing a couple exercises a day and also wanted to target specific muscles more. Just follow the 5 pound a workout LP until you start having issues if you don't want to add on accessories. I'd probably still give it a little while before I changed or added anything, you are still a beginner after all.

I really want to do some cardio, but at the same time I'm trying to let my leg muscles atrophy/shrink (recovering from Starting Strength).
Is marathon style okay for this purpose? Would I need to have a caloric deficit?

Also, I eventually wanna start doing HIIT, probably sprinting. As long as I don't have a caloric surplus, my leg muscles wouldn't grow right?

eat maintenance. doing cardio will be enough if you're actually doing cardio.

Fat fuck here (178cm/103kg/~30%BF), started SL5x5 with 5x3 Power Cleans instead of Barbell Rows and read the SS Book. Started with 35kg/45kg/60kg/80kg and Power cleans parallel to Bench Press. Here are my questions:

1. I added Dips + Lying Tricep Extensions on Bench Day and Chin Ups + Barbell Curls on OHP day. Stronglifts says to do the Extensions/Curls 2x8, but Mark says to do sets of 10-15. What do I do? 3x10, 3x12, 3x15 or something? I have 0.675g plates so I can add 1.25kg per workout, no problem.

2. Talking of Chin ups, I can't do a single chin up and my gym doesn't have an assistance machine for this. I can use rubber bands or do "negatives" where I jump to the top and lower myself slowly. Or whatever you guys recommend, I don't know. Help?

3. I'm on a cut. Should I do cardio? Something like running with some program (couch to 5k?). The reason I'm asking is because, while lifts are now easy, it might make them suffer further down the line if I'm squatting my 5RM and running 5k on the same day, and then do the same again in 2 days.

Why not do cardio the days between lifting?

Veeky Forums veterans claim that rest days should be literal REST days.

If you're gonna heavy Squat and Deadlift tomorrow, do you really want to wear your legs down? It makes sense, I guess.

It's not like you're not resting. What about saturday and sunday? It's not like cardio is gonna fuck you up that much compared to lifting.

I don't know man, that's why I'm asking. Will it?

The other advantage I can think of, is if I'm doing some HIIT program on a rowing machine, I'll need to be at the gym and I only plan to go 3 times/week. I'd appreciate your input, so tell me how to tempo out 3 cardio sessions per week.

I'm doing HIIT on an elliptical trainer twice a week between my lifting days, and I gotta say, lifting takes a much larger toll on my body. I was suppose to lift today, but my squatting form seems to be pretty shit and my leg isn't doing so good so I decided to rest instead. But if you think you can handle it, you could do cardio after lifting. It's not really necessary, but if you wanna lose weight faster, sure.

>I was suppose to lift today, but my squatting form seems to be pretty shit and my leg isn't doing so good so I decided to rest instead.

Here goes the obvious. How do you know you're not tired from the HIIT session yesterday?

is this achievable natty? how?

Because I can tell I'm doing something wrong when I squat, and not just when I run. Whatever fatigue I may be getting from cardio, it's much worse when it comes to lifting.

Would everybody get pissed if I was 15?

No but you'll probably be banned for it

Is there a way to self massage every muscle?

Shit, because I've got actual questions about getting Veeky Forums and lifting

It wont stunt your growth.

No, its not that. Im already 6'4 so I ain't too worried about my height

Bump.

Dirty Bulk for 3 months
Cut 1 month to not have a huge task on the final cutting before summer
Dirty Bulk for 3 months
Final Cut

Will this thing work? Or should I not stop my bulk in the middle of it?

If im cutting and don't want the protein powder to taste like crap. Can i add fat free milk and still consider it a cut? Or should I stick with water?

you can consider it a cut if your daily calorie intake stays 300+ below your TDEE

Just buy protein powder with a taste brah. Even during my cut I actually put 0% fat chocolate milk . You can stick your programme to work with those.

Im 15, 6'4 270lbs. I wanna lose weight, then start making gains.
Bench:165
Squat:315
Deadlift:405

When I get to the lifting part, should I focus on upper body because of how shit it is compared to my lower half?

Read this article:
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

The only thing that is important for a cut is that you're eating below your TDEE, it doesn't matter if your protein powder goes with milk, bacon, or a lb of peanut butter.

Any opinions about c5k or general information?

I want to learn the Olympic lifts (snatch, c+j) but I am not strong enough to even clean the bar yet. What should I do in the meantime to build strength and explosivity?

When should I breathe out during deadlift? At the top of the lift or when I am done

Nice. Cardio it is.

What about the arm workout?

are you ill?
can be both, find what works for you.
typically it'd be at the top of the lift, if you can maintain your intra-abdominal pressure that is

Whats the deal with chia seeds? What do they do and why should I add them to my diet?

What happened to BWG bodyweight threads? Haven't seen one in weeks...

I wanna stick my head in there

So I'm gonna buy the stronglifts 5x5 app, what are all of the rules for 5x5?

What are the rest times?

Can I do chin ups or curls at the end of each session?

What percentage do I deload if I fail a set?

Is it worth buying the app?

How do warm up sets work, like what percentage of my working weight do I use and how many sets and reps? Is it the same for all of the different lifts? for example would bench press warm up sets be the same rule as with squats?

I injured my shoulder. Orthos say it'll take two months to heal.

Anyone have a routine or suggestions for someone who can't raise their arm, pull, or push? How do you run a strictly legs/core routine?

I never bought the app, but most of that info he covers on his site.

Rest times range from like 1 to 5 minutes, depending on how hard the last set was.

Chin ups and dips are acceptable assistance exercises, but he says not to do that until you've been doing stronglifts for 8 weeks. Don't do curls.

10% deload, if you fail a weight three times in a row.

Add 25-45 lbs per warmup set. Start with two sets with the bar.

Why would his race matter

How much protein is safe to ingest from powder a day? Is there a limit?

At what point should I look into creatine? Is getting baldness from it a meme?

how much can too much food make you gain water weight in a short period?

i seriously gained 9/10 pounds after eating some pizza and fries. even after shitting and pissing my weight only dropped 5 lbs.you can't gain 10 lbs of fat in a day... wtf?

here's how it went:

friday(I think): 4000 calories of pizza shit; weight 190 lbs
sat/sun: 2000 calories of normal food; weight 190 lbs
monday: 4000 calories of pizza shit; weight 189 lbs (morning)
tuesday: 4000 calories, weight 199 lbs (morning)

today i got down to 195, the fuck man

my tdee is about 2500, i've been around 190 for a couple months because i lost the will to cut any more, trying to get it together though.

1 gallon of water weighs 8lbs.
every gram of simple carb (non fiber,, pizza crust) holds 3 gms of water.
the normal fluids you have to guzzle to down that food is enough to put you here and there.

>you need a better journal system, too.

okay but why was my weight not jacked up so much the first morning after i binged? it didn't change at all. it seriously just seems random. or did it take a few days for it to happen, i just don't get it.

i'm trying to get on the scale every day now just for consistency, and ive been logging my food for almost 500 days straight

Starting an intermediate program now, thinking about hopping on Wendler's 5/3/1. Anyone done this before and care to share their thoughts?

I'm cutting at -500 tdee and lifting 4x a week. Losing a steady 1lb a week for about a month now. If i wanted to speed up the process, can i eat a greater deficit and maybe workout more? What's the fastest you can cut safely while keeping your gains?

Is it bad to just keep deadlifting and/or doing pullups throughout the day? There's a gym in a my apartment building with a barbell and it's so goddamn convenient to go down there every hour and do 1x5 DL. Useful or diminishing returns?

You body is not at the ultra low and ultra carb levels to see changes with just one meal.

You know how cauliflower ear people cut weight / water to make a certain weight class for fighting / humping ? Well, they are extremely messing with their system, so one meal can make a difference.

Similar to Dexter Jackson, pro bb, who can go weeks without any carbs,,,, then eat 10 pancakes and blow up to twice his size due to water. But normal people can't do that magic.

Best not to mention that you're underage, mate. Might not get a whole lot of replies that aren't "lmao underage b@". Height and weight will be fine, good lower body lifts for age though.
I'd say yeah, focus on upper body. Try out more volume and frequency and what not. Don't forget to OHP, too. It could help your bench out. Expect slower progress, though; you probably just have long arms or something.
good luck bb

anyone have some good chicken marinades? tired of just rubbing in salt/papper/garlic desu

How can I make my torso look wider from the front? Will the gap in my chest get smaller when my pecs get bigger?

In the pic I'm kneeling down because I needed the camera to be at my torso's level.

Is it possible to flex hard enough to break one of your own bones?

bump

You're not really this stupid are you?

I'm discovering that I'm somewhat lactose intolerant. So no casein or whey anymore. Any one have any suggestions or brands of qaulity protein, not derived from milk? I was thinking NOW's egg white powder protein. But I am really quite unsure.

Yes there definitely is a limit to protein intake... There is only so much your body can absorb but it really does depend on how fast you metabolize protein. I'm pretty sure everyone is different, so just follow some calculators on how much protein to add to your diet. At a certain point you just piss it out or get kidney pain if you consume a retarded amount of protein. Honestly it's probably more about when you take it versus how much you take; I just take like 25-35 grams twice a day and that seems to be fine

Don't overestimate me.

206lb's February extremely fat fuck
171lb's now, still fat fuck
When will I reach skinnyfat mode?
6'0 btw (183cm)

If im cutting at 1700 calories a day and I do about 500 calories worth of running every day should I be eating 2200 calories a day or 1700 a day.

But does it matter if I were to eat 100g of protein from meat/milk/etc. vs straight from powder in a day for example?

What causes protein farts? Does the body ever adjust or am I doomed to be forever alone as long as I consume protein?

I'm a currently 140 pound female. I broke my foot and gained weight during my slothful recovery and I want to ECA stack until I get back down to my normal weight (~10 pounds) as I start to reintroduce cardio and weightlifting into my day.

A couple of questions:

- how important is the aspirin? can I skip that?

- how often should I take them? I had planned on twice a day but i took some this morning and ~15 hours later still feel completely wired to the point I don't know how I'm going to sleep.

How to become a power bottom? What kind of diet do I need to be "always ready"?

Unless you live in Canada it's very doubtful that you have legit ephedrine. It's more likely to be some kind of designer drug stimulant. In other words you don't know wtf you're taking and what the effect is going to be.

Anyway at your bodyweight you should obviously ease into it and only gradually increase dosage as you increase tolerance. You are NOT supposed to feel amped up for the fat burning effect. This is a misconception.

I believe Lyle McDonald used to have a good guide lying around somewhere. But again, if it's not legit ephedrine, I'm not sure I would bother. Well, provided it's safe (which you cannot know) a strong stimulant will help suppress appetite and still keep you going, so there's that.

idk I was talking about powder, honestly I have no clue but eat all the food you want

I have bronkaid. The caffeine I took was 200 mg and I think I might try cutting it in half tomorrow.

It definitely helped suppress my appetite as I barely ate and probably would not have eaten at all if I didn't force myself to have dinner.

I was also pretty productive at work surprisingly, so I may want to take this combo intermittently even after I've reached my goal when I need to study or get stuff done.

Thanks for your help user.

Is 437 ng/dl total T alright for a 18 year old?
My doctor is female and I think she's using standards for 40 year olds on me so I don't really trust her.

pull the bar apart when you are lowering it.

eating too much of one source of protein, or excess protein in the body
eat less protons or push your lifts a lil more

nypost.com/2017/08/18/teen-girl-dies-after-doing-100-squats/

How many squats before you die?

there are no secrets, only memes

oats are pretty good and have both protein and fiber

you should put some maintenance in between bulks n cuts
weird shit could happen if you dont

171 is fine for your height. start lifting

Any advantages of HIIT swimming over low intensity standard swimming cardio? Other than time efficiency.

Big lats and shoulders will make you look bigger from the front, my favorites for each are bent over BB rows, weighted chins/pull ups, OHP, and high volume lateral raises
The gap will look a little bit smaller, but for the most part it'll still be there. It's not too bad, though. A big chest and higher bf% will hide it pretty well, though

Ive started doing situps at home on two towels as padding and have gotten like heatburn just about my butt. Whenever I do them now it also really hurts for like the first 50 then goes away. Anyway to avoid this?