Where my /firstresponders/ at ?

Where my /firstresponders/ at ?

Paramedic here, looking for all other Paramedics/EMT/Police. Let's hear some grade A stories.

No firefighters because nobody cares about you.

I am police, and yeah what is the deal with firefighters? One time one of them backed their big truck into my buddie's unit. Not okay.

need advice

im doing a dumb criminology major in canada

should i apply to be a copper or just go army infantry/combat eng

Im a firefighter literally the only first responder people like.

Is this the thread where I can roleplay a cop?

They're over glorified fire extinguishers. No disrespect to the volunteer MFRs/Fire, but the career guys for the most part are sour fucks. Which is weird, because they spend 90% of their shift sleeping, eating or working out, yet get paid the most.

Where I'm at, they respond to 2 accidental alarm activations a day on average, we may call for 1 or 2 lift assists, and they MIGHT do 1 major fire a year. For some reason they are still seen as the heros, it's hilarious.

Honestly not sure how it works in the Great White North, but here criminology degrees are next to useless.

Get a useful degree, then become a cop if you want. It will make no difference to the hirers as long as you have a degree, and you have something better to fall back on. I love you, buddy. Stay safe.

well that's arguable to say the least.

You get paid to sleep on the job. In a bed. I get paid to sleep on the job in the front seat of a car. It's not fair.

Everyone hates cops
Emts and medics are weirdos who didn't get a fire or police job

you guys ever feel like someone deserves to die

like say some fat black lady was beatin her kids and choked on a mcd's fry then you show up to her apt and her kids are niglets running around eating junk food purchased via ebt, and you're just like dam maybe she should die

Have at it friend

This lmao

Go back to bed hose monkey, the men are working.

This is the exact reason why cops and paramedics hate firefighters, you guys have quite the attitude for being next to irrelevant in the emergency setting, yet are the most entitled cunts in the districts.

Most annoying repeat complainaint?

>work in ghetto
>there's a family of folks that are all easily 350lbs each, even the teenager, except one mid-20s male
>mama blob calls because she can't find her dog, says someone stole it
>one time she calls because she hears her son bumping into furniture and thinks something is wrong with him
>mama and son are both blind

Caring what racists and nerds think as women lust for fire fighter cocks lol

Medfag here

Are EMT and paramedics subhuman trash over in the west the same as here in Europe?

>dad is a cop
>we live in a port town
>port is gated off at night
>dad used to patrol the port every now and then
>on particularly quiet nights he would drive his unit into one of the empty dark warehouses, park in a corner and take a nap

Used to be an EMT.
Now that i work at a hospital i realised that Paramedics and EMTs are basically trained monkeys that are really more of a large taxi service that can reanimate people.

Yes.
Back when i used to still work in the field i was dreaming about having some sort of emergency gun with one bullet in it, just for those special cases that just dont deserve our help.
I stopped having those thoughts after i quit though.

Fuck you EMS niggers while you guys are busting your ass picking up drunk feather heads were sleeping in our comfy new $2 millon firehall and occasionally stopping a grease fire

Stay mad

FF/EMT, just finished my AEMT and starting PM later this month. I get the hate for FFs, most of my coworkers don't appreciate how we have one of the best jobs going, and resent that we're dual-function. Admittedly 90% of our calls (and I'm sure this is true anywhere) are complete bullshit better suited for a taxi.

Criminology is useless. Getting a police job in Ontario should be easy for OPP, I hear they have shortage not sure about city cops tho

I was all for being a Paramedic but lifting 1000 lbs patients as an EMT made me second guess that decision.

Thought about Nursing but the medical field seemed repetitive.

As an EMT with Paramedic colleagues who are also nurses on the side, nursing is my end goal. There are tons of different tracks you can go down in nursing after getting your foot in the door working on the floor, quite a few of which don't even require patient contact.

Plus nursing pays ridiculously well for the hours worked.

Was going to take a Tech position but ultimately didn't think it was something I wanted to pursue. Nursing for sure is the more stable route.