Well Veeky Forums did you hang atleast one full minute today for healthy shoulders and a healthy decompressed spine?

Well Veeky Forums did you hang atleast one full minute today for healthy shoulders and a healthy decompressed spine?

protip: it can actually hurt to do this if you have certain spinal problems. it's gud for normies though

>tfw do my 3x5 set of neck hangs, but I'm still healthy and decompressed

neck hangs are for niggers

Dead hangs helped me grow out of manlet status. I grew from 5'9" to 5'11".

am i supposed to hang like on the left or the right?

do you hang with chin or pull up grip?

Shut up, you liar.

You aren't supposed to go completely limp right?

>he didn't do 1 min hangs during his development phases

Not gonna make it

Both are retarded, just hang in middle if you can

I do neutral grip but if you don't have that pronated is fine

>5'11
>not a manlet
When will they learn?

lumbar compression from bad squatting form that is now fixed but lingering sensation is still there?

years of shitty posture. back is kill with pain

i do them actually, whenever i squat / deadlift for multiple sets, or just once before bed when i don't

they're not comfortable and produce a very weird sensation in the lower back.

I do my pullup sets in between my deadlift sets for maximum gains.

hey u there? i have scoliosis. Should i do this?

This is the first time in 7 years I have ever found that meme funny

Opinions vary. Gymnast coach would say no, other PT types I've heard say alternate 10seconds each, others I've read say kinda "pulse" between packed and loose.

i do these between sets of deads and squats sometimes, and i perform a posterior pelvic tilt while i do it. i don't like train it, though. just enough to keep my core engaged between sets. i'm sure the decompression is negligible unless you use a chain and hang weights from your hips.

you're not supposed to brace your core when doing them. If you flex your abs you're not decompressing shit

if you just hang limply, then you're not really decompressing shit either. all you're doing is putting your shoulders in a compromised position. if you want to decompress your spine, go to a physio and ask them for traction, or strap a plate to a chain and hang it from your hips while you hang. doing PPT's while hanging is good for your back and opens up your facet joints, you mong.

>decompress spine
>back muscles activated in order to hang from bar
???

don't insult me buddy, you can still apologize before this gets out of hands

sorry buddy, i get saucy when it comes to lowback health

kekd

How much decompression can these really do though? Let's say you do them for a few minutes, how does that do anything compared to when you sleep in your bed and decompress then? Sure the gravity is applied differently in a prone position but you arguably have less strain when you're just lying down. Seems like these are just a drop in the bucket.

It's alright, thanks for retracting that bit.

yes

Have a load of these faggots

MVP

i didn't mean to leave you out, friend. here'a (You) to make up for it. sorry!

maybe

wew lad got me

My shoulders feel awful after unless I retract and depress the scpula, but maybe that's just me.

I never got these really. Is it a meme or should I be doing this? I don't really know what to google for. My shoulders are stiff as fk and I have anterior pelvic tilt so on the paper this looks like something I want to do.

Not op. My elbow is fucked up so it affects my shoulder. I started doing bar hangings and those stretches where you put the palm on the wall with the forearm facing ceiling. It really helped me. Try for s couple of months and see for yourself. Just hang like 40 seconds at the end of the workout.

5'11" is still a manlet, kiddo.

>5'11"
When will they learn?

Could try but I'm not really sure, can't hurt anything (probably)

For you apt and possibly shoulder problem I would recommend standing with the balls of your feet either side a door, your pelvic bone pressed against the door as well as your breast bone and lips, good way to start fixing apt this do this several times a day your short term goal is to make this your normal standing posture. Then once you've done that instead of standing against the doorway exaggerate this, point your dick and chest up to the sky. This is what you want to make your resting posture.

By the end of it your ears should be above your heels with your shoulders also in line
You'll know your apt is sorted when the back of your pelvis is 0-15° higher than the front.