/fat/ - Last Thread Hit 300 Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com
>Join the /fat/ Discord
discord.gg/VkBqy5p

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/VkBqy5p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Finally a thread with a fat wojak. Thanks OP

>mfw i ate nearly 100 grams of fiber today

finally broke a plateau bros, feels fucking good

Is the contest dead?

>ate 2130
>still below tdee by 300
>just came home after 1 hour on the treadmil at 4mph and the bike at 9 resistance for 2o minutes after

i remember when I ate 1600 calories, i felt weak and lethargic. I almost got into accidents and motor skills suffered.

I started dieting 2 days ago on what appears to be a Keto diet, 210g protein, 25g carbs, 90g fats.

Lifting 3 times/week, I calculated a target of 1750kcal/day to lose 0.9kg/week. Problem is, my weight has been free falling for the past few DAYS. I might be underestimating what my maintenance is given my activity/metabolism or something.

Can someone give me a possible explanation? How long should I give it before I recalculate?

hey bitches, school started and i started counting my calories better.

I was pretty unfair to you superfats for a while.

When I was my heaviest, losing weight was so easy. And it wasn't even the increased TDEE, I had no problem living off 500-1000kcal a day. I sailed through 150+lbs of weight loss and time went by so fast.

But lately, let's just say I get it now.
The pangs, the cravings, the binges, the disgust, the turmoil of it all. It took it's time hitting me but it's fucking hitting me now.

Here's hoping there's light at the end of the tunnel, for all of us.

Confess

Good work!

Temporarily.

i ate a chocolate bar and put caramel syrup in my coffee

I have drank 5 beers today

That is way too much protein and not enough fat to be a keto diet

That's fine, I didn't aim for it to be Keto anyway.

What about my question?

A whole garlic baguette.

I ate 1 (one) chocolate digestive with my coffee

Just hit 240 today from 310 in late March.

Stalled a bit last few weeks but feels good to be back on track.

Would like to hit 200 by Christmas.

Pic semi-related because we go on walks together.

Voted trump

Progress pics?

Today? Are the polls still open?

nth for loving Lily

Guess today is my cheat day. Ending around maintenance or just slightly below.

Having 6 chicken wangs tonight

thinking about thos Beans

I have not consumed anything but water and salt since Sunday. I've lost over 17 pounds 178 > 160.4 at 5'9".

>inb4 you'll lose muscle mass.

Look up Dr. Jason Fung and get red pilled the fuck out. Studies show less muscle loss than moderate daily caloric restriction + increased levels of human growth hormone + higher BMR in the long term. I'd rather go through 14 days of hell than 6 months of hell.

Was it worth it? I have had maybe 10 beers total in the last three months but I'm really considering grabbing a six pack tonight because I have had a really stressful week at work. I could probably still be around maintenance calories if I don't eat anything else, but my macros will suck.

Top left picture is like the only before I have.

Looking good user. You really got face gains. Keep it up.

I've fasted a few days here and there so I can't really condemn it but my only issue with people going straight into water fasting is that they never learn about actual nutrition so they just end up gaining the weight back once it's done.

sorry about your face

Considering not eating tomorrow or the next day and just getting a bunch of gum and diet beverages to tide me over. I honestly kind of suck at willpower and binge sometimes after too long/severe of restriction. If I chew gum & drink diet soda/black coffee a bunch will I be able to do it?

It was good I am nice. Wont eat till tomorrow 2PM for them 20 hours fast

you have a problem with binging and you want to starve yourself?
are you fucking about or what

ordered a Burger yesterday when I already hit my calorie limit. cut six hundred extra calories out today to make up for it. doing the same tomorrow.

there are no shortcuts to losing weight. Diet and workout properly.

Probably not?

I know nobody reads the OP, but this should be in it.

I did good all day, father, I ate an omelet this morning gonna make some chicken breast and steam some broccoli for dinner. I did have a nos today and Im so fucking sorry. I needed it so badly, padre. Im just starting out with dieting and exercising regularly but i needed my daily /sip/ please forgive my soul

monster ultra lad

Don't even start with me about that syrupy bile.

I'm dying for candy, so I pulverized some fruit and heated it up with lemon juice, gelatin, water and some stevia. I'm waiting for it to cool so I can put it in my molds and have gummies.
I'll let you know if it was gross later.

@apple

>201

No progress cause friends are in town for the week and they want to drink every day. Sucks but I'm paying for it all for the rest of the week

Hi friends,

I've run into an odd predicament after losing a good amount of weight - tshirts SUCK on me.

I'll elaborate. Look at pic related. Ta-da, tis me. If you look at my back, you'll notice it's way wider than my waist - which is fine, because I have a lot of muscle there, but it makes shirts look AWFUL. Essentially, they just fall off my back and make it look like I've lost no weight which really pisses me off.

Any tips on this? Also just body tips in general for how I can look more aesthetic/fit?

t. started at 250 lbs now down to 200

pic related is me, unflexed (can post flexing but no idea how that'd help when this is about clothing)

I started drinking black coffee while on IF. Is it going to fuck up my fat burning?

>ordered a Burger yesterday when I already hit my calorie limit. cut six hundred extra calories out today to make up for it.

Well nobody's perfect but at least you fixed the situation the best you could.

>doing the same tomorrow.
Not going to make it

After the gym last night I bought 120g of fried chicken. I was still under my calorie goal but it fucked my macros up and it was clearly a loss of willpower.

Is losing willpower confession worthy of you aren't destroying your progress? Moderation has been very successful for me. I'm afraid I'll go overboard at some point, but all of my actual breajdowns haven't even touched my TDEE.

What do you guys think of lifting while fasting? I'm talking not eating at all during the day, then getting a nice lift in, and resuming eating the next day.

Would that fuck up gains?

go down a size in shirts

Doesn't seem to fix the issue. Only marginally better.

You won't lift as well, since you'll have less energy. You won't build much muscle if any since you haven't consumed any protein that day.

So yes ,it will fuck up gains.

So my follow-up question is that I actually did this today and my lifts were great - like, far better than normal. Will I still get the same muscular gain though? Will fasting inhibit that sweet protein synthesis?

So I'm on a cico diet with low carb (not keto) but I've noticed on mfp I'm going over my carb limit with my vegetables are vegetable carbs the "good kind i keep hearing about?

I'm not a scientist, but since fasting means no protein intake for the day you'd obviously have less protein to work with. There's a reason protein macros are daily goals.

we'll see

It's kill for now, check last thread.

Why would it?
No calories m8, water doesn't affect you so why would coffee do it?
Remember coffee is just water, drugs, and tannins.

Bodies work differently and protein windows are still a debated thing, we're not sure how much they affect lifting.
The other user saying
>There's a reason protein macros are daily goals.
Means nothing, they are a daily goal because that's how people portion nutrition, daily.
Just like how saying you should eat 1500 calories a day or 10500 calories a week, same thing.
Now I'm not saying you will get the same results, it should be harder to push yourself and protein window (protein eaten with x amount of hours from lifting) may or may not affect your lifting goals.

If lifts are going up you should be getting muscular gain.
Still not ideal to lift while fasted, cardio while fasting is A+ but lifting while fasted isn't that smart.
If you're fasting either way might as well lift though.

Cant stop thinking about thicc women. Its what drives me. I want thick thighs, big natural tits, cute face, plump belly, soft skin and long flowing hair.

Don't pay attention to carbs pay attention to net carbs, mfp doesn't know the difference.
Subtract your fiber from the amount of carbs, if that number is below your carb goal then you are good.
Fiber isn't digested and provides no calories, but mfp counts it under the carbs.
The carbs in vegetables are just more complex and are accompanied by fiber (keeps you full and good for shits) and lots of vitamins and minerals.

If this becomes an issue cronometer is p good and actually shows net carbs (carbs-fiber) as opposed to total carbs.

>No calories m8, water doesn't affect you so why would coffee do it?

Well, there is a small amount of calories, I usually drink about 20oz. Also, I've heard that large amounts of caffeine can disrupt IF.

I've been stuck at 158 lbs for maybe a week or so, I fear I might have plateaued here, despite being like 500 kcal below my TDEE daily. I've heard that sometimes having a couple days eating at maintenance can kick start weight loss again, is that a meme or should I give it a shot?

It's not a meme, give it a shot.

I tried listening to you guy's advice but it isn't helping
doubling down is just exacerbating the problem
I'm going to try to take it easy and relax my diet a little, just to see if anything changes

losing a week or two is better than spending months in weight loss purgatory
and I'm in no rush to see results, I just want consistent progress no matter how small

I'm all for fasting, but this. It still won't save you from a shitty diet

@apple
Aphex
221.1lbs

Good to see reducing my deficit by 100kcal has resulted in me losing less weight.

>42554449
>42551903
Had some celebrations over the calorie limit. But to reiterate, fuck drinking on keto, it blows you away so quickly

There's a few nucleic acids and a very small amount of oils, if diet soda doesn't take you out of a fasting state the calories in coffee won't.
Never heard that about caffeine and I've done IF for quite a while, caffeine is a god send for appetite.

I'm assuming you know what fasting feels like so as long as you don't exit that fasting high you should be fine, would be surprised if caffeine could trigger any insulin response so have no idea why it could affect fasting.

It's a meme that works for some people, like keto.
Worst thing that happens is you don't budge the scale for 2 or 3 days, go for it.

Me fucking up the post reference should be indicative of that

@ Apple
Name Fat O'Neill
Weight 251.8

I haven't been in these threads as often as I used too, does Apple still log weigh ins? I don't remember seeing him around last friday. I hope he's okay.

He said recently he is very busy irl

Join the /fat/ discord you dumb niggers discord.gg/VkBqy5p

If he can't get to it now, I want to make sure it's in the archives anyway

Never drink anything harder than kvas on keto niggers, for your own safety, sorry for reiterating the point
Firefox autocorrect is my saviour
I can barely handle captcha now

IT'S MY REFEED DAY, /FAT/

HAD SOME OATZ FOR BREAKFAST
HAD SOME DAN DAN NOODLEZ FOR LUNCH
HAD SOME TATER TOZ FOR DINNER
HAD SOME PROTEIN SHAKEZ
DRINKIN A BEER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS

FEELS GOOD

>tfw back to cutting tomorrow

I ate two large burgers today

the hell is a re-feed?
you been fasting?

I'm really not up to date on this terminology
someone make me a glossary

https:// www.bodybuilding . com/fun/sclark60.htm

Nothing to confess father
880 calories today, pretty good

Thank you very much user that just had me really confused I know there's a sticky but just something's not completely understandable. And I figured I was doing good anyways meeting my goal of 2 pounds a week just wanted to be sure on that part.

It's alright, net carbs is one of the more confusing dietary things because you would assume they already subtracted fiber out.
I have (hopefully) only one more month of weightloss if I continue losing 2 pounds a week, I'm pretty excited to eat 300 calories above maintenance (which is practically double what I'm eating now).

I've been lifting for 9+ years lads. I'm tired of it. Every time i'm about to make it I get injured. I stepped in a gopher hole and fucked up my meniscus and needed surgery, then developed arthritis. no more squats ever again.

came back and got stronger, then worked on a project and got a grade 2 sprain on my bicep distal tendon.

now I was so close to making it and people were completing me saying i looked like a new man and had a meat shield back.then when doing dumbbell presses. I sprain a rotator cuff. this is something I've been doing for years and my shoulder decides to give. out for 2+ months.

still doing cardio but I'm eating passed my tdee,i consumed 2500 calories today. I'm tired of getting gainz cucked by the supernatural. evrey time i'm about to make it, BOOM! injury,most of the time it's non gym related.

this time i feel like not wanting to even go back, the fire has died for me. I go to the gym and feel even more depressed post workout. No more high just extreme dread and i want to scream in my car. I think this time i might just give up. i don't know what to do lads, shit's bumming me out. I'm 27 years old now, a grown ass man but i've grown tired of this shit.

I'm glad I'm not you. :)

I have a long ways to go started at 312 and this has been my first month.
I'm going for a 1900 allowance a day allows me to lose 2 - 2 and a half pounds a week.

And good job man can't wait till I get there goal is 155.

265lbs to 182lbs

I only started at 230, goal is 175.
Shit took two years though as once I get close to it the first time I relapsed HARD, only reason I wasn't obese was I used to go through seasonal depression where I wouldn't eat for months so it would all even out at 230-240 with absolutely no muscle since it would atrophy when starving.

Now I'm at 183 at 6'6" and absolutely no muscle, will start lifting tomorrow as I finally roped someone in going with me.
I know 175 is a bit light for someone my size but I don't want to be afraid of bulking for a while so might as well lose the extra bellyfat when I have no muscle to lose.

>tfw I'm a giant spoopy skeleton with bellyfat

Way to go. How long did it take you to lose that weight. What was the most difficult part of your weight loss?

number of replies to this thread = your weight

post wisely

Just do some research online, there's lots of info out there saying that lifting in a fasted state is more beneficial

Holy shit dude good for you

Overeat for the first time in 5 months. Went over maintenance by 1600 cals. Trying to figure out why I chose to fail today after so long.

not gonna show your saggy mantits?

I'm actually the same way with the depression but instead of not eating I ended up eating more shit sucks man.
But thankfully my mental state is starting to level out a bit and this diet has been also helping me feel better about myself.

And I've already got a bit of muscle used to be a fat gym rat but need to put on more so I've got a home gym set so working on that at the same time it can be hard working 12 hour shifts but goals man they make my life right now.

>6'6"
At least you aren't manlet mode user.
I'm sitting right at 6' so I've got that going for me too I suppose. Lol

You could be cursed m8

you think so? Because evrey time I'm about to make it something happens to my body. Right now I'm looking good,all kinds of gains but they will be lost due to rest. is there a way to stop this? i rerack my weights and shit,wtf?

It's all in your mind, I've been eating around 1000 for years, lost over 100kg

So?

2 jr whoppers with cheese 800 calories, a gatorade 250 calories. Bacon egg pie and yogurt cup 750 calories. 1800 or so altogether

Still a couple hundred more and I dont need em. Calories are so fucking easy to count. Count em you faggot.

This is a shitty idea because you aren't teaching yourself how to control yourself and you aren't fucking fasting properly. Diet soda still causes insulin spikes and will ruin the point of fasting.
Get a b12 supplement and drink black coffee.
How did it turn out? That's sounds horrifying.
Drink gin and tonics or fernet shots with a sparkling water like topo Chico or something.
Go down a size and buy shirts made of a tighter fabric. Make sure to put them in the dryer for longer than you normally do.
Everyone breaks down sometimes. The important part is to get back on track and not fall deeper into the vice.
Lifting was fine when at the 22nd hour of fasting and then I'd eat right after. It was just really hard when the body was still working with glycogen and didn't switch over yet so there wasn't any rush of adrenaline.
Do you really want to be with a gains goblin girl once you get fit?
What ever makes you sleep at night. You lift too heavy and don't care about form it sounds like. Go swim or do something active that isn't lifting. Do something fun user.
>tfw 6'3 200lb skinny fat
It pisses me off that I've been lifting for strength on n' off for a year or two while only looking like a T. rex, I added some volume arm training at my pitiful weight and my arms are already showing progress while the rest of my body is ugly and "strong".

320 today, ^1lb from yesterday, v5lbs from start.

3.8mi today, 45.3mi total.

It feels like one

Partially, it does help. Also because I am interested in feedback.

@Apple

Pet here

193.78lb

Summer was fun, didn't pay attention to my food that much, accidentally broke my MFP streak. Gained 5 pounds back. Time to get back on track. I've just been eating a lot more junk food and snacking more recently.

Going to fully cutout most fast food items and going to stop getting dessert items. I can lose that five pounds in like a week. I'm only a bit upset by the MFP loss.