Is there a more frustrating lift?

Is there a more frustrating lift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/scraw-PKYn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only if you're a dyel desu

Once you start doing a plate for reps it's something you'll look forward to

For me, deadlift. I stalled at 255 lbs. Frustrating as fuck. It's my fucking grip strength failing me. "If you do it right, your grip strength should keep up with the lift for a long time." Not for me. Frustrating as fuck when everything else could continue making 5 lb jumps but my hands can't hold it for more than 3 reps.

OHP is still going up steadily. The key for me was 2 lb jumps. Just hit 102 3x5 the other day.

>tfw when you hit half you body weight for 12

Bench... but maybe just 'cause I suck at it relative to my OHP.

After a year of minimal gains on OHP, I switched to snatch presses behind the neck and am coming up fast on my old OHP 5RM. i find it a lot easier and my delts have started growing very quickly which was shocking to me as i always thought i had shit delt genetics.

i do SGBNP 3-5x8 on monday and try to hit a new weight or rep PR on friday folowed by a reverse pyramid.

Hit 1 plate for 3 yesterday.
Now I'm very hungry for more

>tfw ohp 170
>tfw can rep out 1 plate easily

alternate grip dawg

If youre already using alternate grip, do overhand pullups, were you don't grip with your thumb but put all of your fingers over the bar

>it's yet another edition of user can't move the bar past his forehead
is it possible to progress OHP? i use microplates already

Bench more
Work triceps more
Work traps more

Might wanna add

>weighted dips

Are you doing pullups/chinups?

I've had this problem. Mainly because until recently I've lacked the proper equipment to get my squat and bench higher.

>how to slowly destroy your lower back.

The only thing worse is the Shoulder Impringment Press.

Oh, I forgot that's what the OHP is.

Replace OHP with pressing off of pins for 3 weeks,and try again. If that doesn't work try doing push presses.

Do it with dumbbells with your arm in a 45 degree angle to your torso. If you're still getting impingment you must have structural issues.

then cheat. and try to slowly control the negative.

can do 1pl8 for a lot of reps and OHP is still not something i enjoy that much, it's been years since i've done it consistently but it still inches along following my bench and cgb

benching is a lot more comfy and does a lot more for my beach muscles tbqh

Hookgrip like a fucking man

My (very strict) press is 155 x 5 and my bench 175 x 5. The bench seems really weak compared to the press. What do you think might be causing it?

no I fucking hate barbell head-balances

1. you have weak chest and triceps
2. you are push pressing

probably both desu, that's the most fucked ratio between bench and OHP i have ever seen

got two reps at 125 today. Should be at body weight in a couple weeks

Your (very small) 'nis is 1.55 x .5 and you're a bitch 24/7. You're a bitch and really weak with a small penis. What do you think might be causing it to stink so bad?

>bench more
OHP helps your bench not the other way around retard

A retard is what you are not the other way around retard

not really, user

OHP will help your bench if you have a front delt weakness that is limiting your bench (characterized by missing directly off the chest where the moment arm between the bar and your front delts is greatest), other than in that circumstance carryover will not be significant

bench press involves front delt to a fairly significant extent, with the stress on the front delts increasing with a closer grip and lower touching point or longer upper arms (greater moment arm between bar and front delt), which might carry over to OHP (which will almost certainly be limited by the front delts, with the characteristic sticking point in front of your face)

so both can carry over to the other to various extents depending on what your specific weaknesses are

good video on this youtu.be/scraw-PKYn8

>bench press involves front delt to a fairly significant extent
then you're benching wrong buddy. only time your front delts should be getting significant work is with incline press

oh yeah and also if your OHP is limited by triceps (which is pretty unlikely unless you only do overhead work or primarily do overhead work) bench press can address that weakness as well

wrong

a horizontal press cannot physically occur without the involvement of the front delts, which is significant when you bench more than a pencil with lifesavers on the ends

you probably won't be feeling your front delts burning like on an ohp or an incline bench (no shit, these movements have much more front delt involvement) but they are being activated