Serious Question

How can I lose weight when I'm severely depressed and food is literally the only thing I enjoy anymore? And my depression is because of things I can't change, not some bullshit "chemical imbalance", so I'm not just going to "cheer up brah".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXnNL_furCw
youtube.com/watch?v=G8R-QpJkYSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

change comes from within. if your depression is because of things you can't change, you must change yourself.

So you wasted everyone's time and said "cheer up brah" in slightly different words. About the "advice" I tend to expect from blue boards. The depression isn't going anywhere because my life sucks ass for reasons that other people caused and I can't change.

if you can't change your lifestyle, how do you expect to lose weight?

>be me
>skinnyfat
>only thing stronger than my love of food was my hatred of my body
>start aggressive cut, mostly just eat chicken/turkey and vegetables and some carbs
>stay under 1700cal a day
>lose weight very quickly
>not even that interested in food anymore
>worried about how Im going to have to reteach myself to have a huge appetite when I start bulking

Just stay on a strict caloric deficit for like a week or so m8,you'll get used to it

also dont avoid meat because vegetarian diets have been linked to depression

Now you know why I made the thread, dumbass.

I don't care enough about anything to hate my body yet. The level of bullshit I've had to deal with in my life has made me pretty nihilistic.

Never gonna make it. You either make meaning in life or you don't. Bullshit excuses just turn you into more of a faggot. Get out of your damn ivory tower and sort yourself out. But you won't because you're fat and lazy and blame everything for your problems but yourself. Never gonna make it.

so you want to lose weight without any effort on your own part?

Most important thing I ever learned was that happiness is a choice, brah. Regardless of outside circumstances.

you're self medicating with food. You said it yourself:
>I'm severely depressed and food is the only thing that makes me happy.
You a fatass like you its food, for a degerenate with me it was drugs and sex, for other people its other things but all those vices are vehicles of escapism for those who are not fulfilled in their daily life. It's looking for happiness in all the wrong places. I was severely depressed for about 3 years on end, my depression magically started improving, drastically, about 2 weeks after I committed 100% to ending all methods of escape/immediate gratification and lviing a healthy lifestyle. Food isn't one of the only things keeping you happy, it is one of the main things keeping you depressed. It's not what you wanna hear but its the truth. I've been there done that

You DON'T have to work out and improve yourself to fit in. You can still improve yourself as a big fuck you to this world. Don't give up

Either take some initiative and change your life, take some meds, or kill yourself. It doesnt really matter as long as you fuck off and stop shitting up this rhodesian rhinoplasty forum.

have you tried not being a massive faggotlord? that's the idea i have of you after seeing your posts

take the dildo out of your ass and do somenthing about your life on your own volition or keep eating fatty

stop eating loser. You'll stop being depressed when you're not fat.

ITT: 100,000 versions of "Just be happy brah, just do it brah."

>Just bootstrap brah
Lol

A retarded assumption on your part, as expected.

Jesus christ, I had no idea this board was such a normalshit central.

Do you fucking retards honestly think that telling people "Just do X" is helpful advice? Are the IQs here literally so low that they think that someone hadn't already thought of that years before the retarded suggestion was made?

>you're self medicating with food. You said it yourself:
Gee, you think, Sherlock?

>about 2 weeks after I committed 100% to ending all methods of escape/immediate gratification and lviing a healthy lifestyle
What a simpleton. You were nothing but a degenerate who had no reason to be unhappy, like most middle class white scummy males. The only thing you changed was being a slightly less shitty piece of dogshit.

>it is one of the main things keeping you depressed
No. It's not. I want to lose weight, but being thin won't change my life, because it's been shit since birth. I'm not even that fat.

>to fit in
This is where you fucked up. I have no interest in "fitting in".

Why do I keep going to blue boards? Alright, this thread was an enormous failure, just like every single time anyone has ever asked a serious question on a blue board. Can't wait for the thermonuclear apocalypse.

The only way to improve is realize that you're the only one who is ever going to make the change. You can be a depressed fuck your whole life feeling sorry for yourself every day or you can start making small steps towards changing. No one can do it for you, no one is going to jump wave a wand and make you happy.

>why won't you retards help me, I want you to cure my depression and give me 5 easy tips to lose 40 lbs in three weeks, no I don't want to make any changes on my part, just cure me of all disease
>fucking blue boards

Damn you're an even bigger faggot than I could've ever realized

just fuck off and kill yourself then brah

Take your virginity fuelled delusions and fuck off back to your compound.

What's the point of /r9k/ if they all seep into other boards anyway?

>"Wahhh how do I change?"
>"You just have to"
>"WTF"
Sorry buddy ol fucking pal, but thats how you change, you just do it.

have you tried doing sports.

it's more fun than you think. also you can make friends there which will help with your depression.

try rowing, it will burn a lot of calories, will give you clear mind-time in the middle of the river and will make you alpha as fuck

Are you cripppled? Are you unable to perform tasks? What permanent thing has someone afflicted you with that's making you depressed? What can't you change?

I can sort of understand you. I was there once.

You need to push yourself to do stuff and motivation will come eventually. Its not like you will wake up one day with instant motivation. You have to create your own.

How is it possible to be this corrupted by Veeky Forums? Your delusion is palpable.

This is what happens when you let computers raise your child - they turn into this. Worst part is that besides spending life behind a screen with 0 friends they think they have the world figured out.

Ever considered the idea that your entire life's philosophy is one gigantic defense mechanism?

Quit hiding behind excuses and justifications. You're only unhappy because you choose to be unhappy. Running from that fact isn't going to do anything but keep your head firmly planted up your ass. Go outside more, socialize more, be more active. Even people in wheelchairs can do those things, if you can't then it's because you're rather wallow in shit than put in the work of altering your perceptions so that your life is more acceptable.

tl;dr - Quit making excuses/justifications and wallowing in shit.

Eat whatever you like but eat it in moderation. Surely you can suffer for a little while when you know you get to have a good meal afterwards.

>What a simpleton. You were nothing but a degenerate who had no reason to be unhappy, like most middle class white scummy males.
My brother killed himself. We shared a room until I was 16 n he went to college. THere is nothing I could ever do that would bring him back, and all the drugs and whores in the world would never have made me feel happiness again.
>The only thing you changed was being a slightly less shitty piece of dogshit.
Like I said, I committed 100% to leaving my daemons behind a healthy lifestyle with a diet, sleep, and fitness schedule. I made a complete 180 and I'm a total different person than I was for those 3 years or the 20ish I was while he was alive. I think I'm happier than I've ever been now.

Last thing I will say is people who are unhappy are always looking to pass blame around or say it's out of their control. People who are happy are in control of their lives. It's your choice.

/blog post.

lifting cured my depression

endorphins are stronk bro

also gave me something to look forward to everyday, so just lift faggot

You did well mate, fucking proud of you. Keep moving forward and progressing, make him and your family proud (Though i'm sure he is already).

I've been there, and as much as it hurts there's truth to what he's saying. No, you ain't gonna make yourself happy by simply deciding to do so; but you can say "I'm gonna do this bitch, I'm gonna get fit and strong" and fucking stick to it.

Once you start noticing gains then you'll know what I mean; the satisfaction that you've managed to build something out of yourself despite adversity is unlike anything else.

But you gotta fucking commit to making the switch in your head, and that shit can literally take months (did for me), so if you think you've failed because you stumbled once, then you invariably will not make progress until you get over this.
Good luck user.

If food is the only thing that cheers you up, then learn to make healthy meals that taste good. This means that you'll spend a lot of time and effort into turning healthy meals into tasty meals. If you can't manage to put in enough effort to do that, then perhaps you should head over to the nearest /fat/ general thread and get some support over there.

Hes not proud, because hes dead, there is no afterlife, and there arent trillions of dead people spying on us 24/7

I don't believe in an afterlife either, I mean it in the sense of "If he were alive, I'm sure he would be". It takes a lot to move past the death of someone close to you, some stumble, others fall. It's a hard thing to do, so I think there's a level of achievement there that deserves both recognition and a sense of pride.

It may be over-stepping by assuming that a dead man would feel prideful, as i didn't know him, but I think that it's a reasonable assumption to make. At the very least, i'd hope the family that's still alive is proud of him.

>And my depression is because of things I can't change, not some bullshit "chemical imbalance"
You sound like an unlikable cunt desu, even at my worst I didn't say others didn't have real depression because my issues were different.

Had problems with this "bullshit chemical imbalance" depression since I was a child, didn't really feel too many good emotions.
Lost my best friend senior year of highschool (well one of 3), could of been suicide but never knew, that was the hard part.
2 weeks later dad was in an accident, went into a coma.
Few months later other best friend who lived with me when we were kids killed himself.
Did I mention a lot of people stopped talking to me and another best friend completely cut me off because I was apparently not as fun during all this happening?

Get used to life pussy.
This guy gets it, I don't know how I would of reacted to my actual blood brother dying, honestly a hard part of me coming to terms was that I didn't feel like I deserved to feel so bad since they had actual brothers.

Just have to live life, it gets easier. It never gets easy, but it gets easier and one day you notice that a little color is back.

Nice one man. This is the kind of way a man approaches life, not that snivelling shut in who keeps posting.

Fuck the other people in this thread.

Get help, talk to people and get shit in place. If you had a broken leg, why would you try to run? Same thing, mind stuck? Get started fixing that before worrying about getting fit.

What a whiny cunt do the world a favor and just neck yourself.

small steps
youtube.com/watch?v=oXnNL_furCw

Cheer up faggot, depression is a meme. I know it because I had it. The cure was to literally cheer up, and now I'm kinda OK.

>wanting advice
>calling user a "dumbass"
>???

stay retarded, friendo

Literally this. This is the hardest red pill for Veeky Forums to swallow

Simple, find something to replace eating as your enjoyment in life. For me that happened when I started lifting weights. Now lifting is all I have joy in.

youtube.com/watch?v=G8R-QpJkYSo

I was depressed too user

Didn't leave my room for year or so, on all sorts of bullshit

Then I just quit being a bitch and started being positive and giving back

I also don't worry about much because I can't change much

I'm actually using my depression to get me through weight loss. The thing about weight loss is that it's mostly passive dieting. Exercise isn't as important. So I do nothing all day and eat very little. I know about food giving the only meaning/relief in life. So I've gone from intermittent fasting to eating one meal a day. It's great. That one meal you eat is the most delicious and satisfying thing ever. I don't even count calories. Depending on how big you were you wheb you start, you can eat the most decadent meal ever in terms of quantity and quality and you'll still be full before you hit your TDEE. And truth be told... I did that. I ate past the point of satiety because of that stupid emotional attachment to food. Now I'm past that.

Intermittent fasting is -THE- ideal diet for depression. It structures your day around a positively associated activity (as opposed to a negative one like work) so your sense of time doesn't go shit and your sleeping patterns remain sound. You will also get an increase in energy after you've adjusted.

I still feel shitty and have bouts of melancholy but even with that, I can still stick to this diet.

People saying "just change" are right. Sorry, but that's the hard truth.

I was abused as a child and suffered with depression for a major part of my life. Every time the only way I could escape the cycle was by making a bunch of radical changes all at once. There's no "snapping out of it," but there has to be a dramatic shift in your mind.

Throw out old junk you don't need. Clean your room. Change your diet. Wake up early at a regular time. Schedule a hobby for the weekends, even if you don't have any yet. Watch some motivational videos. Sort yourself out.

Also, get a therapist if you have shit to sort out. But get a GOOD one that listens. There are a lot of awful ones out there. You need to shop around, and you can ask for a trial session before trying to commit to anyone.

I should also add that you might find benefit from actually talking to yourself. You know, in your mind. Just stop yourself right now and ask yourself, as if you were asking anyone else, what do you want from life. Don't accept dramatic BS responses like, "nothing." You need to find something, even artificial, to hold on to at first.

Fake it til you make it goes way further than confidence. Make believe can become reality with enough effort. I'm surprised this "life secret" isn't more widely discussed in society.

>Come here with a shitty turbo bitch attitude because muh depression
>NO STOP GIVING ME THE ADVICE THAT I DON'T WANT TO HERE YOU'RE ALL STUPID

Fuck you OP, you don't deserve help

>my depression is because of things I can't change, not some bullshit "chemical imbalance", so I'm not just going to "cheer up brah".
Then that's exactly what you have to do. If it's things you can't change then you're letting those things have ultimate power over you. You have to LET THEM GO, whatever they are, and MOVE ON.

Depressed faster here, can confirm it's the shit. I haven't been fasting the last month but I'm excited to start again. It makes you a lot more thoughtful about what you're doing in the day; you aren't constantly satisfied and lazy from eating, and instead you feel like an animal.

you dont lose weight because you ENJOY losing weight, but because you would enjoy looking like you lost weight. nobody goes to the gym because they enjoy going to the gym. people go to the gym because they enjoy LOOKING like they go to the gym. now imagine how dumb it sounds that you enjoy food, so youre just going to keep eating it. Youre not an animal. Rise above your programming

Losing weight gives me an almost high and makes me feel accomplished while the gym is very entertaining and enjoyable.

why the fuck should I care lol do what you want

>OP whining about how to change himself
>people tell him just to suck it up and change if he really wants to make a different since that's how it's done
>he just starts bitching and moaning

Does OP not realize that just sitting around whining about it isn't doing anything for him? You actually have to do more than whine on a Mongolian chocolate sculpting forum. Once you make the change, then you keep doing it. Otherwise you'll just go back to being the sad sack of shit that you are.

>not some bullshit "chemical imbalance"
I think depression is literally defined as a chemical imbalance. Not a doctor, though.
Get some pills imo

Just kill yourself bro

You should try meds.
>b-but meds are a meme
This statement is partially right. I've had depression, pretty mild on the reason for attaining the depression compared to other anons, and Ive taken meds. These meds stifle the hormones in your brain whenever you encounter a deeply traumatic part of your brain. Key word being stifle. Meds give you a life where your pains do not exist becayse the hormones in your brain aren't going off immediately. The reaction still exists. It's not going away once you get away from the meds. Believe me; ive went to a mental hospital once and people have said they have been here 5+ times. The reason why they stay there? They dont want to improve their condition or change how they react to negative stimuli. When they feel like theyre ready to take off the fuckton strong depression pills, the reaction comes back like a raging hurricane because they never truly changed.

What can you get from this experience? Meds do not alter the way you think, they just stifle your reactions with your current mindset to give you insight into a chemically balanced mind. Inadvertently, throuugh taking the meds, you get a sense of what it's like to have a perfect mind that doesnt overreact. It's a goal that is far away that will never be reached as long as you dont change yourself. The only difference between those who battle through depression with and without meds is that medicated people get an insight into a life without pain. They both have to change themselves and their reaction and their future memories in order to defeat it.

depression is a meme, stop feeling sorry for yourself you fat fuck

You're big time wrong. Meds literally alter the way you think and deal with thoughts. You're too doped up to notice. Any long term acting antidepressant or anxiety medication fucks with your head big time. I'd rather be depressed than stay on those underresearched chemicals. Not to mention the permanent effects of many of them.

It's not about hormones in the brain, it's about regulating and increase the release of neurotransmitters, chiefly dopamine

cheer up brah

This.

All these 90s kids I swear to god. Angsty shitheads

>being doped up is a bad thing

More tren for me

you stupid fucking nigger
back to r9k you waste of space

I think you've mistaken this board for r9k. You cant circkejerk in self pity here. You probably dont even want help, just validation that "woe is me".

>le edgy contrarian nihilist

In other words youve convinced yourself you're not happy like normies because you're oh so burdened with superior intelligence.

I used this delusion as a crutch many times too.

Can we sticky this?

>How can I lose weight when I'm severely depressed and food is literally the only thing I enjoy anymore?.

Move more. Start waking up an hour earlier and going for an hour-long walk, find a morning mobility routine to do when you wakeup, or do an arbitrary number of jumping jacks and push-ups every hour you're sitting on the computer. You could also try eating less, but more filling, foods.

Just because you can't change the external sources causing your depression doesn't mean you can't make changes that will affect you for the better. I hope you find happiness ,bro.

I also hope I can derail this thread because you sound like a twat, and being a twat to strangers on the internet is lame.

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GIGANTOPITHECUS

Biggest b8 I've seen this month

Just find a new cope, if you don't care about living old and/or want to go out zyzz mode cigs can be the way to go but be aware they'll fuck your cardio up. Your also gonna need to improve your willpower and stop blaming your faggotry on meme "depression"

You're depressed because you're a loser. It doesn't matter what you're circumstances are, you get the hand your dealt and you either overcome it or you lose like a loser. Get over yourself and stop thinking you're entitled to a better life just for being born. Whatever your problem is, find a way to fix it instead of coping with food like a bitch. If it's something you can't change, you just have to accept it and work towards the best result you can.

Start no fap.

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GIGANTOPITHECUS

chemical imbalance is the only reason to have depression.stop being a pussy

Yup. I was in the same exactly place. Everything I do is due to me fucking hating myself and just straight up discipline. If you're waiting for motivation or to want to do it just give up now. It'll never happen.

Make certain it's not something physical, something fixeable.
Get your thyroid checked.
Get your testosterone checked.
Get your vitamins/minerals checked.
They all can influence depression, and if not totally fix it, they can make it tolerable.

Do more cardio.

The best transformation is training to be as brutal and dangerous as humanly possible. If you are taller or as tall as more professional fighters, then juice up to get to a body type of a special forces operator, then learn a lethal combat style, you will feel a lot more fulfilled. Just knowing that you can win a 1v15 fight or kill everyone in the room with your bare hands feels great.

How about stop making excuses and being a bitch?

Working out is really good for your mental health. It's half the reason I do it

Read as a man thinketh

It's a quick read and you can read it only for free in pdf

>I had no idea this board was such a normalshit central.
Veeky Forums especially, and MAYBE /soc/ or /adv/ are like, 1 step away from leaving Veeky Forums for good.

btw this rad was posted on /r9k/ a couple hours ago, this guy is just looking for justification for his bad choices, ignore it until he comes genuinely looking for advice

This is what making it looks like

>help me change myself without changing anything

why are you calling anyone else a dumbass?

A serious answer: If you are truly, severely depressed you wouldn't be thinking about self improvement. You're not severely depressed, fuck off and grow a pair.

Ok, you have a simple decision here to do. You should choose between killing yourself and working to get a better life. If you truly believe that you are hopeless, the first option is for you. If you think that you can help your situation, you should try to fucking do it, step by step. The third option is to live, but not to work on making your life better for yourself and there is no reason to take that path, its the worst one. If you believe that you got no way out, it doesnt make sense to be alive. If you believe that you got a way out, it doesnt make sense to not do so. Here are the simple choices you can make. Take your pick. Nobody is going to make this choice for you

You're not here looking for an answer. You're going to argue with everything that people give you.

Oh, and by the way, This is what is going to happen eventually if you are gonna continue to fuck your own body up till you die. Well, by the time you get there, your survival instinct will kick in and you will see doctors instead of simply dying from diabetes. You are gonna be better off shooting yourself now than dying like this or living with this.

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GIGANTOPTHECUS

stop eating you sad cunt
if you have that little willpower just end it all