Most underrated exercise

Whats the - in your opinion - most unterrated exercise? Lifting wise

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/NhwVL/all
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14998709
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Face pulls.

Fixed my posture, improved rear delt size, and helped to prevent searing shoulder pain from OHP.

On /nofap/. Why you do this to me

This.

Also I know you're not asking, but it's Friday night and I'm alone, so here goes
>the most overrated exercises are squat, diddlies, and OHP
>the most underrated aspect of lifting is the mind-muscle connection

the thought of making other men masturbate is making me hard

Cringe overload
OHP is severely underrated almost no one in the gym even does it.
And that mind muscle bullshit is complete nonsense.

OHP is the most underrated.

user you dont just attack someone like that. You can tell him your opinion without making him feel bad

OHP is the most overrated

>>>/reddit/

Yeah, diddlies and squats are the fucking best. A diddlies only workout hits every goddamn inch of my back with incomparable DOMS. Same thing with squats. Badass, even DOMS all over my legs. Why even isolate?

OHP is the most exactly-rated exercise. People are literally always on point when they talk about OHP

barbell flys

imgur.com/a/NhwVL/all

amen, ohp and dips are honestly the lifts you want to be doing.

Spider Curls

I rarely see people doing them yet they murder your biceps soo good.

yoga. it seems faggy but it helps prevent me from waking up with immense lower back pain every morning, likely from sleeping on my giant guy every night.

Oh, lifting wise? probably rows or pullups. I grew up climbing trees and shit so my 6'2, 240lbs 31BMI ass can still knock out 3x5 with good form.

I got my Master's degree today and I thought I'd be getting drunk but I've just had a drink and a shot, watching red vs Blue on Netflix for the 100th time.

There's goto be some sort of middle ground between the two extremes where discussion can actually happen. I agree, Reddit is way too safe and personal, but I don't like the zero on the whole board being "very fucking venomous".

Hip thrusts

Congrats on getting your masters m8

Why not just reach into your body with scissors and cut your psoas directly?

not
>trap bar snatches

Shrug or anything with a thick grip

>i agree
>but here's why i disagree
You have to go back

The most underrated lifting exercises are the oly lifts but mostly the clean and jerk. People underestimate the importance of explosiveness.
Strength × Speed = Power

That was not me btw
Just someone who thinks the same way

wait, is that the girl from the OP image? Shes not as good looking in those photos

How do you position your hands with the face pull? I see a lot of variance on the internet.

Dips, if you can do them pain free. Best overall pressing movement imo.

I don't think it particularly matters for the face pull, as long as the rest of the movement is the same. Just do what's comfortable.

she doesnt lift

Pedophilia because you have to practice running with a heavy weight.

>"very fucking venomous"
kill yourself

Probably dips and OHP

Barbell bench press is a garbage exercise

OP please stop, this is a Christian board.

Weighted pullups/chinups

External rotations/face pulls/band pull-aparts

Not sure why people are calling OHP 'underrated', every guy I see in the gym does at least some pressing like that, whether it's dumbbells, barbell, pressing machines or smith pressing.

theres a difference between a real OHP and the variations you see

Bent over barbell rows.

See roughly 1/10 people do this exercise.

please tell me there is video of this actually happening

>immense lower back pain
because you are fat, you probably just have relatively weak glutes and abs
big belly may exaggerate any anterior pelvic tilt too

Stomach crunches. Did the big lifts for years but my midsection was flat but formless. Started doing crunches and my abs started to grow and pop out. Should have been doing this for years.
>and it helps sexually having a stronger crunch movement
Like a jackhammer now ;)

The most underrated exercise is hands down the High pull.

It seems to me like bodybuilders think that back training is really just lat training. High pulls effectively hit everything left out by all the pull-ups and rows everybody is doing. High pulls are 10 times more effective (and fun) than shrugs and will give you a massive set of traps.
Power snatches and power cleans are great as well, but high pulls are much, much easier to learn, because even if you're doing them wrong, you're still doing them right in terms of muscle building. Again because they're simpler it's also perfectly viable to do them for higher reps. I occasionally go as high as 20 reps per set.
Deadlifts are great, but high pulls are much less systemically stressful. You can go balls out on a set of high pulls and still have energy left for other things. And you can do it relatively frequently.

I like to do them with a medium width grip and pull from low blocks. I don't use "proper form" from a weightlifting standpoint, as I allow the weight to come forward a good deal, because I use a very hip dominant technique - sort of like a kettlebell swing. I prefer to limit the weight in favor of range of motion most of the time, and pull all the way to my neck.

Most people should be able to work up to doing reps with their bodyweight.

YO

That one you use in cables to get a sick chest pump

>immense back pain

I had this to, until I started to do GHD extensions, ghd kickbacks, and ghd sit-ups, and hamstring curls, also the pussy press (adductor/abductor), for me I feel like all of these are underrated, as they will save your back in the long run if you love lifting heavy like me, they also build sick obliques.

you have to go back

hahahaha
that image made me laugh, just look at cute anole

why do you fucking reddit queers constantly have to hijack threads? as soon as you open your mouths you're immediately ousted because you didn't lurk for even a week before writing down your thoughts like a drunk sophomoric highschool girl who had her fee-fees hurt, seriously, how do you get along in life? btw if you're a man and walk around telling people how you constantly feel, you're either a weak man titted soy boy raised in the inner city by his brainwashed single mother, or an actual faggot. now go home.

What the fuck i know that woman...

bulking is a meme

lel

Uhhh farmers walks maybe? Most people think I'm just carrying around weights for no reason at the gym.

SAMEFAG

HAHA

where were you when this thread got btfo after realizing bulking was a meme

Got that bench over 45 kg yet you dyel faggot? Have you grown over 5 feet yet?

snatch grip deadlift

this came from reddit retard.

Dumbell pullover easy. In 10 years of lifting there was probably 3-5 cats that I have ever seen do them, to me in just 3months of doing them the gains to my physique ware incredible

THE PRESS
Doing it for the past month has made me feel WAY stronger with a lot less back issues

screaming

>THE PRESS
I assume you mean all of them

>tried to do pullover today
>shoulder hurt like a bitch, had to stop

grilled cheese sandwich press

Can't decide between the facepull and weighted back extension/glute-ham raise

barbell hyperextensions, i throw them in after deadlifts for some extra volume that doesn't risk my back health

the starting strength definition

Overhead squat

Hey bro congrats on the masters.

DO NOT DO GHD SIT-UPS
They are horrific for your back. Idk what kind of short term muscular benefits you're getting, but I guarantee you it is not worth the long term danger youre giving yourself. Moving the spine rapidly from hyper extension to contraction is already bad. That the feet and hips are locked in place makes it even worse. Don't do that shit, user. Be more careful with your back. Ghd extensions should be fine as long as the movement is done in a controlled way.

>imgur.com/a/NhwVL/all
the definition of average. a 5/10.

(in europe. must be at least a 6 in US for not being fat)

Um sweetie if you're not doing oly or have some weird injury its better to do other forms of squat

are you secretly a high pull

ohp?

Barbell Hip Thrust, OHP, Face pulls or Rows, RDLs, reverse grip bench, barbell pistol squats

Seconded. Why do so few people do these?

You're an idiot if you think conscious awareness and focus on a particular muscle group at lighter loads isn't going to increase the contraction of the muscle group in question.

Studies have shown that at loads less than

If you're doing highpulls that way then you're limiting the benefit you get from them.

You need to lessen the hip dominance and try to keep it closer to the body and focus on getting shoulder elevation by thinking 'elbows up' (which will help it stay close to your body).

Clean your room

A bodybuilder told me that the mind muscle connection makes the lift harder

He's limiting the transfer to weightlifting, but not necessarily the benefit he's looking for.

High pulls are shit and will fuck up your shoulders. This is literally why the Yates Row exists, to get a similar motion and (better) muscle activation I'm the upper back without destroying your shoulders.

But go ahead and keep on smashing your humerus into your subacromial bursa for those sick gains dude. I'll stick to using my actual shoulders for upper back training and not arm overextension.

My shoulders are drama queens and don't tolerate many things, but high pulls have never bothered them at all. I do externally rotate my shoulders at the top though i.e. I pull back a little rather than pointing my elbows straight up.

Who here
>weighted GHR master race with bosu ball due to lack of pertinent machine in one's muscle room

For me, it's the McChicken

Off, but pls respond
Where did you feel the pain/how was it? I'm trying to deal with shoulder pain myself rn, avoiding any kinda pressing exercises for a bit, but it doesn't feel like it's getting better. It doesn't actually hurt when doing regular stuff, but I get a very sharp pain for a few seconds right after I finish lifting sg.

Anyways, HS curls and HBH are pretty underrated imo

Why does this picture look unappealing to me compared to pics of similar position? The girl looks clean, but something about the lighting and the fact she's on the dirty carpets/floor of a house triggers alert mechanisms in my brain telling me I'll get dieseases.

I know the Shareef don't like it, but you should press the trapbar

Hip thrusts in the 100-500 rep range. The most real life applicable excercise

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14998709

Sure, but should he? Why?

>psoas meme
Go eat a dick you trolling nigger

This
I barely even knew about this exercise, but when I tried the life was never the same

Is this real?
Need a quick rundown on mental gains

LISTEN UP HERE'S A STORY

If you get doms every time you aren't eating properly.

If you aren't sore then you aren't pushing yourself hard enough.