I struggle to do 5 pushups, how do I improve?

I struggle to do 5 pushups, how do I improve?

Keep doing push-ups

6 pushup.
No more.

Do more
Ideally, hire someone else to do your pushups for you, someone who can do many pushups so you get gains fast.

Do 4 right now.
Wait 10 mins.
Do 4 again.
Wait 10 minutes.
Do 4 again.
Keep doing this until you do 5.

Sounds good. My alternative: do 8x(max/2) with 3 mins between each set.

As long as you push to failure, you'll eventually achieve your goal.

Failure is always better than not doing anything. Just keep failing better. Does that make sense?

You'll get there user

are you fat or skinny?

after you do pushups. then u can rest and do another set of pushups. and again.
or afterwards you can do knee pushups, or pushups from leaning on a counter

Your alternative can work too. The thing about applied stress is that if you keep applying it, you'll get used to it, and then eventually you'll go beyond it

I am skinnyfat, and I barely started to get in shape, running is easy, but I have no upper body strength

If he can do even 1 pushup, he should keep doing sets of 1 instead of knee/counter pushups imo. At least for me lowering weight/tension works much worse in improving a particular exercise than doing the same weight for a bit more volume.

don't do anymore push ups.

I don't want to remain a skinnyfat beta lanklet the rest of my life

user, you may be built for Sonic like exercise. I can probably out push up you but I run like Professor X

Keep with your plan, user. Keep doing it until you level up. Gotta "push yourself" for those push ups. Ya know what I mean?

This
/thread

Fuck you, I just want advice

OOO AH AH AH, GET DOWN WITH THE THICKNESS... AH AH

Ignore the naysayers OP, go with the plans listed. You'll make it happen as long as you do it. From one user to another: go for it, start now, you'll surprise yourself

>I struggle to do 5 pushups, how do I improve?
By doing 5 pushups until your can do 6.
Then you do 6 until you can do 7.
Then, 7, until you can do 8.
Then 9.
Then 10.
Then >9000.

I.E. you're giving up too quick.

So when you do a push up can you hit the ground? I can't hold the push up when I go into the negative to then push back up. If a push up is just up from the floor and flop back to the ground I can do like 6. But I can't even get to 2 if your chest isn't supposed to hit the ground.

Op here, don't think ur chest needs to hit the ground, but ur arms need to lock in a 90 degree angle

Thanks for the motivation

if running is easy then youre doing it wrong

I feel retarded now

fpbp

Do gosu ball pushups, theyre even harder.

When sprinters want to get good at sprinting what do they do
>sprint

Keep practicing, the saying "practice makes perfect" has never been so fucking relevant to muscle development, look it up, science ftw