Do people really live on 1500 calories a day?

Do people really live on 1500 calories a day?
I think I eat that much with breakfast alone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BhLIsFFsPAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my gf eats about that much a day

yeah but your gf is a tiny man

my goal is 1400, been around 1100 for past month though. 6'4'' 220
fuck this cut when will it end

1200 a day for me. Im cutting

As a 5'7 manlet I cut on like 1500-1600 calories (and still eat over 150g protein) when I cut.

I lose about 2 lbs per week doing that, makes getting lean pretty quick and easy.

I've tried cutting slowly on like 2200-2300 in the past, but it's way too damn slow.

I was eating 1400 calories a day a few years ago when I was trying to lose weight. I managed to lose about 30 pounds, so it certainly worked.

I'm eating 800-1000 a day, though I am a fat piece of shit so trying to get some weight off.
It's working fine, down 42 lbs.

i am eating 700-900 calories a day of just chicken breast, egg whites, greek yogurt, little bit of green salsa and the occassional cucumber, some diet sodas. and vitamins + fish oil

only 4 days in but not dead yet and maintaining my shitty numbers

people have done it before

cutting on 1600, 6'4" and ~190lbs about 15% bodyfat

it's an aggressive deficit and it blows

Yeah, been doing it for some months now. I miss eating more, I wouldn't have a hard time eating 1500 kcal before lunch, but I wanna look good more badly than I want food. Really looking forward to shredding the last 5 pounds so I can eat more, I'm tired of lifts stalling.

>and still eat over 150g protein

how?

chicken

It´s pretty fast, while fasting at 1500-1600kcal. a 2 month mini cut can do wonders.

-Lean sources meats/fish/poultry and diary like whey/cheese etc.

I eat 1200-1400 day. But I'm trying to drop weight. Down from 5'7" 180lbs to 153.

I eat even less and I'm still fat, kill me.

How long did that take?

Also, how long have you been lifting?

I'm the same height as you, I slowly bulked over 5 years from 140 to 190. I want to cut down again and quick, sick of being this weight.

I guess I would be pretty lean around the 150/160 mark.

>1100
Enjoy losing whatever muscle you have and getting loose skin. Also what app is this

I eat around 2000 calories a day which for me is a 1,500 calorie a day deficit (197cm, 120kg, moderate cardio interspersed with lifting). It is kind of nice because i can still have 3 functional meals while hitting that goal, it just has to be greek yogurt, sardines, lean ground beef, and vegetables.

Feels sustainable.

Not him but that's a meme.

So long as your protein intake is still high and your lifting doesn't suffer too much you're fine being that low on calories.

Any muscle you lose on an aggressive cut is very easily gained once you finish the cut and return to maintenance/slight surplus.

The super super slow cuts drag out for so long that you spend more time fucking around in a deficit which means less time in the future being @ maintenance or a surplus.

Fuck man, I can't even stomach over 600 calories.

It feels like it's impossible to get 150g of protein every day without whey isolate/some kind of protein supplement. I only eat chicken, eggs, cheese and milk but I can usually only barely get to 120. Also on 1600kcals btw.

It's not impossible, its just hard/annoying.

Makes it so much easier when you can just pop 50-60g protein from powder.

I eat 1500-2000 cals a day

6'3'' 200lbs, 13ish body fat, people tell me i'm getting bigger when in reality i've lost 5kg.

The secret
>intermittent fasting
>200mg of caffeine with water
>low carb, high protons

Just drink a gallon of milk

Still not 150g of protein. Only 128.

So eat a bit of meat at some point in the day

muscle loss on a cut is vastly overstated, it barely even happens (a study was conducted on people who weren't even weight training, and with adequate protein and a huge deficit they barely lost muscle)

and if you lose a little bit of muscle you have good old myonuclear domain to help you out
this

cutting slow is a total fucking meme, cut as fast as you can tolerate so you can return to productive training

youtube.com/watch?v=BhLIsFFsPAA

>as fast as you can
How fast is this?

Your body fat % divided by 15, take that number, divide it by 100, then multiply that number with your weight. That's the maximum you can lose in a week without risking muscle loss.

Lbs or kg?

9 scoops / 180g is like 800Cal.

36 hard boiled eggwhites

>tfw spent 2 years on a no limit bulk diet because started as a skelly
>first cut attempt
how do people survive with so little food

How fucking hard did you fail math class? Both, you autist.

Holy shit what kind of retards do I share this board with

I can't wait until I start cutting, I can barely eat 2k calories of food unless it's shit like nuts or bread.

fuck I eat that much in a single meal alone

My GF is 5'0" and eats 1400 while GAINING.

And you say you were a skelly?

it was a rough start, had a hard time sticking to a diet for quite some time but then slowly started keeping to the diet

I was ''every single rib is visible to the point you could wash clothes on them'' skelly mode

Currently at 180cm 65kg.
I occasionally had 2500cal meals when trying to gain weight a few years back.

try getting 200g at 1800 lol. just drink 2 scoops of whey

situations like these are literally what protein supps are for...

I'm 4'11 21 year old female, I eat roughly 1200 calories a day. I also weight lifting and run/cycle. This is all to maintain my weight and fitness level. It just depends on size and lifestyle, really.

Im 5'9 146. I was 160lb 2 weeks ago. I cut at 1490 calories @ 30g carbs, 77g fat, 166g protein.

LONDON

I'm 32, 177cm, 82kg, and I'm cutting on 1500 daily in addition to lifting 3 times a week (all I have time for). I'm losing very slowly; to put that in perspective, if I eat 1800Kc a day I plateau and stop losing weight. This has been going on for 2 years (I've lost about 20Kg so far), and I write down on paper the grams of sugar that go in my coffee. I have 2 years of these lists of everything that I ate. No I did not miscalculate, no I do not stuff my face with chocolate when nobody's looking, no I do not lie just to be contrarian.

Veeky Forums will tell you everyone's exactly the same and to just use the magical all-knowing TDEE calculators online, but that's false; there are biological exceptions, and in my case my metabolism is highly effective. Writing what I used to eat before I started dieting and calculating that, I came up with ~2100Kc. That's enough to get me to put on weight.

500g of quark (cottage cheese?) have 70g of protein and it's very fucking lean. Eat that with a bit of honey or so and it can be your daily meal (tho add vitamins somehow)

How much is adequate protein? 1g per 1lb of lean mass?
It's easy when you're in control of your diet (cooking), but fucking everyone else around me is such a goblin. I'm less social being Veeky Forums.

>adequate protein
Protein is used in almost everything -- it should win vs carbs 90% (carbs are helpful post-exercise).

I thought it was pre-workout because of energy. What about fat?

2.6g per kg is still a lot. Hell, that's still more grams of protein per pound.

i stuggle to eat 2k im not small but eating is such a fucking waste of time.i dont like eating at all.

I'm not eating literally a SINGLE food everyday just to get enough protein. Are you people on Veeky Forums fucking mentally unstable?

Easy dude.

Never gonna make it.

>It's in an app, it must be true

It was scanned from the package dude. It's just normal ass big pieces of pork.

>What about fat?
Omega 3 oils like flaxseed.

There are pages with poop per oil / fiber intakes.

Sometimes I eat only 600 calories during the day.

>tfw need to cut but also need to increase the number of pushups I can do
>feel weak as fuck

They don't sell pork where I live, it's a majority Muslim country. I can't find it anywhere. I resort to chicken instead.

>They don't sell pork where I live, it's a majority Muslim country
They no longer sell pork in Sweden?

Germany? Or UK?

This is 2 chicken breasts

Massive fat fuck on a ridiculous cut for the last almost 9 months
Around 1650 calories a day
Literally eat it all in 1 meal so basically a 23/1 IF
6'4 and 335 lbs currently started at 420
Keto is the only reason I'm not hungry all the time

Where the fuck is your thumb mate?

Nice memes: :^) Turkey though, you came real close with Germany

Fuck I used to love vacations in Turkey before Ardu'an came to power. You have really good food.

Too many carbs for my taste, but yeah, we have amazing food in general. Not enough to keep me here though, running away to Canada for college next year. FUCK Turkish people.

What the fuck

Trust me, you will soon start to miss home. Think you'll be back when you're done?

Hell no. I'm going away for life. I'll have a homesick period, probably, sure, but it will be brief and I'll never think about home ever again. Trust me.

I think Istanbul was my favorite city I've ever visited, Antalya was cool too. I hope you guys get your shit together soon, I love Turkey.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you might be surprised. Give it a few years then judge and see how much you feel at home in Canada or wherever. It's terrible not feeling like you belong where you live.

I hope you guys get your shit together soon, because I don't want you in Canada.

5'8 163 lbs here, I'm currently cutting and eating 1000 cal most days, 1300 maximum.

I don't really feel hungry and I have energy to run 5K every other day. I'm gonna start lifting soon now that I got a job so we'll see how that goes.

>not realizing Photoshop
I thought it was obvious.

>I think I eat that much with breakfast alone

lmao

and yea i do about 1600. it's not hard, faggot

when i first began cutting i was really ignorant on how cutting worked I lived off of 500-1000 calories for the first 2 weeks.

>these idiots cutting on under 2000 kcal
>meanwhile I lose weight at a relatively moderate rate on 3000

I'm doing a keto intermittent fasting cut.
I do ABABAB etc for 3 weeks
A being 90P90F

We're not all 400lbs mate

What happens when u dont get enough protien but live low calorie and lift hard 5 days a week

You revert to a DYEL

I live on a low carb, low calorie diet. Ive never counted and never payed attention to protien. Sometimes i have a shake most times i dont.
Im prety big 4 a natty.

But i can't break that threshold and lose the remaining body fat.

Perhaps i should count

Kek

Dannon Light and Fit Greek

80cal
12g protein

You lose muscle mass.

their cut will be over in half the time yours will and they'll be back to gaining muscle mass

maybe you're the idiot here

based on Martin's evidence based shit and his curves - bodyfat percentage divided by 13 (for less conservative, Lyle's rec), 15 (middle of the road, Martin's rec), or 20 (most conservative, Nuckols rec) is the percentage of your bodyweight you can lose weekly and not worry about muscle loss assuming your protein is adequate and you train with weights

for example, let's say you're 225lbs and 20% bf

20/15 = 1.33%, 1.33% of 225 is ~3

so you could drop 3lbs a week of weight and be ok

what app is this?

how does it feel watching your country turn into a far right muslim nation..
What is the general vibe on the streets.
What they dont report in the media