Most human males cannot make progress on a strength program with a diet of under 4000 calories a day...

>Most human males cannot make progress on a strength program with a diet of under 4000 calories a day, and on less than 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.

What the fuck is rippetoe's problem ? Why is he trying to make healthy young men into obese fucks ?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/cold-slap-in-the-newbie-face
youtu.be/eisLuWPn_BY
unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article folder/metabolismcontroversy.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The bigger you already are, the more food you need. A guy who is 6′2″ and skinny at 180 needs more calories and protein than a guy who is 5′8″ and skinny at 155. Guys like this may well need 6000 calories a day.

he's retarded because he's used to working with actual athletes while all the guys doing his program are weak goobers

I'm going to assume he isn't referring to people who are already obese.

Hoooly fuck lmao, I didn't realize mans was this retarded

He wants OBESE people that do SS to still eat at a surplus, because 'you can always take care of the fat later"

What is YOUR problem talking shit about other people on an anonymous image board? If you don't agree with someone's advice then don't fucking take it. For a young man who's very skinny, there's no fucking point in saying "ooh just eat an extra peanut butter sandwich every day :D", because they're skinny fucks who will do that and eat less of everything else because they're full, or just burn it off through the exercise/boosted metabolism.
Rip's advice isn't for fat fucks or ex-fat fucks who's bodies are already accustomed to carrying around lots of stored energy; it's for underweight guys who want to lift heavy-ass weights.

Read the book. He says if you're fat eat 3000-3500 kcals with low carbs.

If you don't want to eat that much, don't eat that much. But then you'll come on Veeky Forums and bitch that your linear progression stalled after 3 weeks and cry about how your switching to Scooby's skateboard squat routine.

He is right to an extent though.

I tried out GOMAD for three weeks, and my lifts fucking exploded. Unfortunately, so did my gut.

As most of Veeky Forums knows, you really want to be as lean as possible before you start bulking.

I will never fall for this fucking meme again.

>Listening to rippletits

t-nation.com/training/cold-slap-in-the-newbie-face

>For a guy that currently weighs 165 lbs., stands 5' 10" and is 20 years old, that diet will be much more food than he'll think he needs if his information has come from the typical sources of misinformation.

>He'll need 300 grams of protein, plenty of good fat, and moderate glycemic carbs for a total of perhaps 5-6000 calories per day.

No wonder he's a fat fuck. Shit training and nutrition advice.

Rippetoe's secret mission to turn young males into braphogs

wasn't his training aimed at high school / middle school athletes?

HERE are some problems with SS:

>1. You are guaranteed to gain strength on all the lifts. But only if you become fat as fuck.
If you eat like a normal person on a bulk of +500, then you will obviously progress. But Mark wants you to eat 1000+.

>2. Starting Strength is absolute SHIT for upperbody.
Same with stronglifts. LMAO how the FUCK do you expect to make any decent growth speed on benching 1.5x a week? Your arms, chest, and shoulders will lag severely behind your legs.

>3. STARTING STRENGTH IS NOT THE ONLY BEGINNER ROUTINE.
do NOT listen to anyone who blindly recommends you starting strength. they fell for the t-rex meme. It's not even a good program for getting into powerlifting because of how infrequently you deadlift and bench

Fucking Ronnie admitted to eating between 5-6k in offseason.

>how the FUCK do you expect to make any decent growth speed on benching 1.5x a week?

Because you are also pressing 1.5 times a week and doing chinups 1.5 times a week and cleans (or rows) 1.5 times per week. Literally pressing 3x per week. Objectively more upper body work than lower.

If you're overweight and want to lose fat you literally CAN NOT do SS. He wants you to eat at a surplus even if you're fat, the bare minimum calories you need to do the program is 3500 a day.

He suffers from PTSD from training underweight teenagers that won't eat enough and waste his and their time and energy.
His way to cope is to dial the nutrition of all his trainees UP, so he won't have to deal with that shit again.

>tfw Zach actually had a decent back

I'm 6ft 174lbs and I need around 4000 calories every day or I'll lose weight.

Not my nor Rippetoe's fault you're a fucking manlet who need pre-agricultural revolution tier nutrition

>6'
>calling anyone a manlet

lmao

When the fuck did he say that?

> LMAO how the FUCK do you expect to make any decent growth speed on benching 1.5x a week?

Because you also press, do chins and cleans.

Who said you have to bench for the majority of your upper body volume?

There's also more overall upper body volume than lower.

SS is not a powerlifting program, so fuck your bench and fuck you too.

Rip's nutritional "advice" is still retarded though.

He is probably right, strength routines are for getting stronger and youll gain strength faster doing that

however why? who gives a fuck about how much they bench? just lift to look better, no one gives a fuck about ur deadlift.

HAHA yeah preach it bro *fist bumps*

Why do you retards always complicate nutrition when it comes to bulking?

This is what any beginner should do:

1. Start with a base of 2-3 real, full meals per day that each has a decent ratio of carbs, fat & protein. This won't be enough for long, but start here.

2. Are you progressing, gaining weight at an acceptable rate, and not feeling lethargic all the time? Keep eating the same thing.

3. If any of the above happens, or even starts to slightly happen, like you're nearly missing the last 1-2 reps of every workout or you haven't gained any weight in a week or you feel miserable all the time? Add another meal. This can be a small as a protein shake with milk or something like 2 eggs + 250g quark or whatever. You should rarely feel hungry, but you shouldn't force down food either.

4. If things improve, keep eating the same thing. If not, add another small meal. Like another protein shake.

Just make a small review at the end of every week and go from there. That's all there is to it.

>tfw bulking is easy and cutting isn't

REE why did I have to eat so much and get up to 130kg, been stuck cutting for months to hit 99kg.

Because the human brain will rarely complain about eating too much. You might force feed yourself because you are or FEEL full, but it's rarely the brain rejecting the food, because of all the feel-good chemicals and whatnot.

Forcing yourself to not eat however is an entirely different beast. It's the intentional deprivation of said feel-good chemicals which is why it's so much harder. Like quitting a drug addiction, but the addiction never goes away.

To add to that. We tend operate on the short term, the very now. It's easy then to eat more than you should because your future self will have to take care of it.

Cutting is the opposite. Your present self has to suffer for your future self to feel good.

People who say bulking is harder must have a real fucked up relationship with food, because it goes against everything that makes you human.

he was viewing it from the biological side, you're doing it from the society side view.
Eating at a surplus would theoretically be beneficial because you could survive in case of famine or shit like that that's why the body won't deny much food.

Rippetoe ruins his entire advice catalogue by spouting nutritional nonsense. As far as I'm aware, he's corrected himself in recent years

>the avereg humen meil weighs 300 punds

Go to bed rippletits

Bulking with GOMAD is a meme.. then to mention the miniscule amount of research on TDEE affecting muscle rates.

Where?

you gotta eat big to get big

This. A lot of his dietary advice come from training high school athletes who are already very active, not NEET virgin shut-ins who never leave their computer

udder perfection

But he's right, and if you've ever done the Texas Method while on maintenance you'd realize that.
Eating more would always increase recovery

No yall just fat fucks who cant stop eating

OHP is inferior to bench when it comes to building the triceps, basically doesn't involve the chest, and is limited by the tiny front delts

it's the universal virgin lift for a reason

that guy chase who makes videos with rip looks strong as fuck, does he eat as much as rip tells him to?

>cleans
>upper body

Yeah ok.

>Tfw did TM on a cut for 2 months
Felt like bubba was going in dry every single day.
Is that the guy that ohp 3pl8 ?

>Is that the guy that ohp 3pl8 ?
idk maybe, the blonde guy

are you from new york wtf

he could ohp 242lb a year ago

youtu.be/eisLuWPn_BY

>hurr SS doesn't work upper body

ANCILLARY EXERCISES, PAGE 268
can none of you fucking idiots read?

this reminds me of that retarded cutting diet artikel
it was on some fitness mags website written by a roiding bodybuilder it basicly just gave you a diet to follow to loose wight diet was 4k+ calories a day

No, you don't, unless you've got parasites. I'm the same height as you and weigh more, and maintain around 2700.

You must have really high bodyfat% then, I'm 5'11 155 and maintain on 3k+

If you want to bulk up and put on muscle as fast as possible eat more.

If you don't wan't to add on extra body fat to do so don't eat as much.

Theres no need to complicate it. Just eat the right amount for your goals.

I don't think you understand how calories work friend. Unless you're running a marathon every day, you're not going to need 1500 calories more to maintain than someone larger than you.

A more specific diet with different macros,sure, but not calories.

Yes. He repeatedly says as much in his ask rip things whenever some fat fuck is like do I need to gomad?

There's nothing evolutionary beneficial about cutting, but bulking there's a lot.

It goes against our nature.

Like I said earlier, people who have a problem bulking probably has an unheatlhy relationship with food.

I'm 6' 170 and I'm able to maintain around 2800-2900 a day. 4000 is excessive, you're not fooling anyone. You're going to start packing on excessive fat if you keep that up.

Also
>being 6' and thinking you're tall

This isn't a question of opinion, I'm telling you, I eat 3k+ a day and maintain. Like I said you're prob close to 20% bodyfat. Muscle takes way more energy to maintain

Thanks for your armchair psychology, you fat fuck.

As mentioned already, Rippletit's dietary advice is for actual athletes training for their respective sport. The people eating 4000 calories a day are training their sport 5-6 times a week in addition to strength training in the gym. His advice isn't meant for people who go to the gym 3 days a week to do a handful of compound lifts and go home.

>6000k a day

Maybe if you are training for my 600lb life.

>he's not 6', Prince of Lanklets

He is correct.

My own experience was that when the lifts reached a certain number and i got less then 3500ckal i was not progressing. If you are late stage SS and putting up some serious numbers you need some serious fucking calories as well. The people who say this is wrong never did SS and/or have shit lifts.

>I'm a special snowflake!

You're BMR is 1800. You do not need 4kcal to maintain, and you have no muscle mass.

Sure you do dude, that's absolutely how the body works.

Here's a source proving you wrong, muscle really doesn't use that much energy. It does use more, but considering I have around 30lbs on you and am not fat, I doubt you're needing anywhere near as much as you claim
unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article folder/metabolismcontroversy.html

Currently 3 months into SS. i'm doing it since it's simple enough to go to the gym, do 3 compound lifts and leave.
i'm currently on 1700 calories a day because i need to lose weight for military.
is it possible to still progress in adding weight to the bar like this?
stats (no bar)
squat - 140 lb 3x5
bench - 110 lb 3x5
deadlift - 180 3x5
ohp - 40 3x5
this is all with warm up sets
i was hoping to at least get my squat up to 2 plate. i can push myself more on deadlifts

4x5 at least man

Pretty sure you should have added chins by now.

Here's a day of eating, not counting all the oil and snacks I have between meals. Been eating like this for months and I've been at the same weight. High bodyfat doesn't imply being overweight. You're probably skinnyfat

>myprotein cinnamon roll

myyy nigga.

noted, thanks.
i do pushups and pullups at home. dips at the gym

I can't find a fault here. 5'11, 29 years old, 175 lbs. My press stalled out just three weeks into the program. I was eating 2,500 calories/day trying to lean bulk. I wasn't able to make consistent progress until I went up to 3,500 calories.

Are you retarded? You claimed you maintain on 3k+, then when I called that out as bullshit for your weight and provided a source, you post a photo showing a list of foods that added up to less than 3000 calories.

Anyone can claim anything they like by the way, that doesn't make it true. Same as the original guy claiming to maintain on like 4000 calories was obviously not true.

I'm sure you're a special snowflake who medical science doesn't apply to though.

>300 grams of protein
rip kidneys

I started SS and I don't care what anyone says. Weight lifting is not making me lose weight. Even factoring in the calorie surplus. Better off doing cardio.

>SS
>not making me lose weight
>even factoring in the calorie surplus
what the fuck did you mean by this

i suspect this is the case as well

Not sure if subtle joke or illiterate

My lower fucking back hurts from seeing this.

>who go to the gym 3 days a week to do a handful of compound lifts and go home.
But that's his program in a nutshell

t. Dyel

Unless you're 10%bf and swimming every day on top of lifting and having an active job, no you don't.

>As mentioned already, Rippletit's dietary advice is for actual athletes training for their respective sport

No it's not, his diet advices are for anyone trying to complete SS the way it was intended to. He explained in detail that you CAN NOT compelte SS if you're not eating at least 3500 calories a day no matter no body composition

he's not wrong

>the press
>virgin lift

kys my dude, it's clearly the most alpha lift

Lmoa at all those brainlets who don't maintain with at least 4k kcals. My brain activities burn about 1500kcal a day.

and you're not a retard

I can lie on the internet too.

Did you actually read the book? He literally says fatties should cut

He is.

>I didn't read the book but I still have to talk shit, the post

Have you considered that some people may be more physically active than you?

what do you think he's wrong about then?

Nah if you read SS he gives a set calorie range for obese people which will put them either into a slight deficit/maintenance/slight surplus depending on their weight. Their weight goal by the time they finish SS should be a little over 200. Saying that he has obese people always eat in a surplus though is simply incorrect.

I'm not saying I'm a special snowflake dumbass, I'm saying you're a sack of fat with barely any muscle mass. As for the 3k, read what I wrote dumbass. I don't track snacks or oils I use when cooking. Easily 500 cals with all the almonds and olive oil I eat

>g/kg/d

wtf kinda diff eq shit is this

>6000k a day
>6000k
>6000000
6 million Kcal is a lot

grams per kilograms per day

that study had SHIT methodology

here's something all of you DYEL's don't know or don't want to know

lifting light doesn't do shit except waste your precious time
get stronger first, at the very least 1/2/3/4 and the fastest way to do that is SS + 4000 cals a day, I did it on about 3200 and hit 1/2/3/4 in 6 months but I'm a manlet
after that, you can work on your precious gay abs because it will be so much easier to lose weight when your daily calorie expendature is that much higher from at least having SOME muscle

so stop your shitty 1 plate benches for 20 reps and get on a strength training program, do it properly NOT how you think it's done but how it's actually done and you'll see results

you'll thank me in a year from now