Other than testosterone levels, are there any other medical issues that prevent building muscle or gaining strength?

Other than testosterone levels, are there any other medical issues that prevent building muscle or gaining strength?

I dirty bulked for about 7-8 months, going from 180 to ~210 at 6'4, lifting 5-6 days a week.
Been lifting regularly for over a year but didn't pay any attention to diet for the first several months by mistake.

Current 5 rep maxes
>OHP - 85lb
>Bench - 130lb
>Squat - 135lb
>Deadlift - 225lb
Haven't done squats recently because of a knee injury but it's clearly the lowest compared to my other abysmal numbers

While my lifts have gone up, albeit not very much, I can't help but compare myself to people who say the reached 1/2/3/4 in

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/6-day-powerbuilding-split-meal-plan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Time between lifts? Starting out unneeded a solid week/1.5 weeks between training groups to actually build without over training. My strength didn't substantially improve, especially with a calorie surplus, until I gave time to repair.

What routine did you do? Those are terrible.

huh.
I'm your exact height OP and 180 lbs, and I lift quite a bit more than you so something might be up.

what kind of routine have you been doing? if you're doing 5-6 days a week maybe it's some kind of PPL, or maybe n-suns?

are you aware of to what extent you've gained muscle, rather than just bf?

since you're training this often, you could suffer from over-training. that would cause tiredness and really slow (or negative) strength gains.

another likely cause could of course be test levels.

Everyone is different. Also some people have lifted before and then get back into lifting like 8 years down road and still claim "muh 6 months." Shit is not the same at all. Muscle memory is very real

Love that gif.

What (if any) routine did you do?

What about the anabolic window?

Are you really implying that the end of elevated protein synthesis means that everything must be fully recovered?

Having a parasite
Some autistic fuck that was here just the other day was a skele after 2 years of lifting. Turned out he had a 7 ft tapeworm inside of him that he had to yank out of his ass.

yep, but MPS isn't the only factor here. MPS is only one part of tissue recovery.

answer the people who have given you feedback and asked you questions in the thread, OP, or I'll kill myself and haunt you forever

I was doing a brosplit for several weeks but I always read other people on Veeky Forums saying that working the same muscle group twice a week is a must so I switched to a PPL.
>muscleandstrength.com/workouts/6-day-powerbuilding-split-meal-plan
That routine to be exact.
I knew it was a lot of training but I enjoyed the high volume and I never felt too tired.
Got plenty of rest during that time and I guess enough to eat since I did gain weight.

I didn't have a bf% measurement before so I couldn't really measure lean mass gained, but I have made some noticeable size
Started somewhere between skelly and skinnyfat.

Are there any linear progression strength routines that also have higher work days?
I tried doing the SS routine in the sticky but only lifting 3 days a week made me lose motivation.

OP, you are literally why "SS is a meme" is a meme. You could have started with only the bar and been way ahead of where you are today by following a simple linear progression, 3 days a week, rather than whatever the fuck you were doing 5 to 6 days a week. Congratulations, you wasted 8 months. Now do something that works.

Fuck you are weak
Do you actually work up a sweat and get doms?

Yes, but only when doing higher reps

It's obviously nice saturating muscles with nutrients, and there's MPS, but only for ~1.5hrs. Casein has a timed absorption, so that's a factor as well.

Green underline is for something else.

Yes.

MPS is a clear signalling process that's probably tied with other processes like HGH..

You should be exhausted after every workout with every muscle you worked sore. Try having less rest intervals and maybe and put more weight on even if you cant complete the set

"The Use of Specialized Training Techniques to Maximize Muscle Hypertrophy"

Being exhausted after was never a problem and always tired to increase weight whenever I could.
Would it be beneficial to get a set of microplates?
Being limited to 5lb minimum increase is a harder jump on things like ohp.

This. These are absolutely pathetic numbers for someone who isn't already in a wheelchair. Rippletoe would have an eighty year old gramma doing these numbers in six months

I dont think thats the issue.. maybe you should just do more reps if that is giving you more doms?

>sore
This is a meme.

MPB has to be overwhelmed by MPS.

you can deadlift just above 1xBW. there's something wrong here. check your test to get that out of the way.

that's way too much volume for a beginner...

I think a beginner should always go to the gym 3 o 4 times max, if you're intermediate you could get away with 5 days, but even there some get too tired and need 4 days routine.
About adding more volume to your workout:
Eric Helms:
>A good way to think about volume over your career is to do enough volume to progress and only to increase it when progress has plateaued (assuming you are recovering normally). This is a much smarter choice rather than constantly putting yourself in the hole with fatigue by adding volume prematurely, and having to drop volume back and taper all the time.

I don't know if you qualify for intermediate... but pic related is a 5 day routine, that I got from an Eric Helms book. I recommend you to buy his training book, you will learn a lot.

Protein.

Those are like 1-3 months of lifting stats, depending on your starting point. I don't get how people can be this shit in the gym, it's unfathomable.

You're progressive g slow but you're a big guy so you will naturally progress slowly. You shouldn't compare yourself to people on Veeky Forums. They tend to be either turbo manlets or full of shit (more likely the latter). As long as you're progressing then keep it up.

So I can max out on my deadlift every other day and improve it every session no matter at what level of training I am on because elevated MPS stops after 24-36 hours? Didn't know this but I'm happy I do now

>bait

This is so true.

I got into lifting during highschool for a year maybe, didn't get super far

Just lifted over the summer after freshman year in college, lifts went:
DL: 135 - 295
Bench: 135 - 205
Front Squat: 95 - 165

whoops didn't finish that post

I basically had the same gains over 2 months of summer than I did after a year in high school (while training way less hard), and I think it was 90% muscle memory