youtu.be/2ghdKk0G9ms
discord.gg/Ap5wU
youtube.com/watch?v=QrXh8BsAa9o&t=113s&ab_channel=JuggernautTrainingSystems
instagram.com/p/BWx7iYZgvB3/?taken-by=miketuchscherer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I honestly don't even think it's closeted at this point

>you can trust squats
what kind of little shit makes these?

What's the best accessory to the first half of the deadlift? I am limited by my floor pull, the reps where I can get enough adrenaline going to rip it off the floor I can do the rest no problem, all my failed reps occur at like the 1 inch point off the ground.

Now that the thread has gotten a nice start with some garbage, let's actually talk about training.

Try doing paused deadlifts, with the pause immediately after the bar leaves the ground.

>tfw saw the light and started squatting high bar

Damn it feels so much better. I couldn't figure it out before, I always felt like I was tipping over. Then I took a narrower stance and focused on opening my hips and pushing my knees out, and it just werks. My torso is way more upright, the movement feels way more natural, I feel the lift in my quads and glutes rather than my low back. I'm definitely weaker in high bar by about 30 lbs, but I feel I can get that back pretty quickly by actually training high bar.

get stronger hammies and glutes and actually hip hinge it so that your strength is consistent and not just based on tardstrengthing througfh the hardest part of the rom, so voliume deads with good form, rdls and variations, any ham and glutes assistance you can think off

or if you dont want to change your technique fundamentally, deficit deadlifts, deadlifts into heavy bands, possibly paused deadlifts right off the floor pete rubish style (if you really do just yank the bar up paused deads will probably hurt you before they benefit you)

182.5/110/215 at 81.5 bw, lads.

Went 7/9 and failed my first 2 bench since my butt came up. For my 3rd bench I just hit my opener flat backed with no leg drive.

I used the same bench form as my last meet where I got all whites, but I've lost 11 lbs since then, so I think I had less fat in my ass. I'm gonna take some time to fix my bench and stop hip thrusting now.

Congrats

>implying all doggos arent 10/10

YES! KILLLD FAKING SON. YOU KILL FAK THAT WEIGHT

AYO HOL UP HOL UP-
*snorts salt*
SO U BE SAYIN-
*eats cheeseburger*
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN-
*puts on squat suit*
AYOOO SO U BE SAYIN-
*gasps for breath*
U BE SAYIN DAT-
*inserts squat plug*
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN DAT-
*suffers minor heart attack*
DAT WE WUZ SOME FINNA-
*slips spinal disk*
AYOO SO U BE SAYIN-
*breaks scale*
YOU BE SAYIN DAT WE WUZ-
*wears away cartilage*
DAT WE WUZ-
*levitates above bench to reduce ROM*
DAT WE WUZ HEALTH AND FITNESS AND SHIET?
*falls on floor exhausted*

So when did you guys realize powerlifters should be banned from Veeky Forums? Their little hobby is incompatible with both health and fitness.

Went 6/9, missed 240 on squat, had a shit bench day, and only got my opener. Deadlifted 257.5 and got 2nd

230/135/257.5

We had a great time.

>tfw the closest trip near you is memerelda
>tfw you'll never have a cool meet up or go to drayton manor with you /plg/ >friends

>not a single guy over 6 foot in this photo

when will they learn?

when you kill yourself

jesus christ benchbeta got like really fat and old lookign what the hell lol

look at that receding hairline and titties on benchbeta WOW

alex you need to fix how you stand you look really gay

Me or twink?

yeah i mean twink just look at him

>no one on the thir dplace podium

so you beat one person?

youtu.be/1UOOJ7YM6vA

blue shoes...
playing around...
with a 2 plate bench...

I tried some 405 paused for 5 rep sets and I'm fucking ruined now but hopefully it helps me hit that fucking 500 finally

Ayyy hit 535x2 pretty damn easily.

Training with highbar has helped my low bar so damn much. I'm 4 weeks out!

youtu.be/2ghdKk0G9ms

Soon i hope

You look and talk like a fucking fag dude. You should be embarrassed.

I don't care that you rep 5 plates on the squat. You deserve to go to hell, man.

Who was that fat guy at the end? He looked like he was telling you to stop something.

You lads are great and ur all real strong, but the real strength is friendship

>THIS is what powershitters are up to in these threads

any gdes here?

discord.gg/Ap5wU

>natural powerlifting

Not even once desu

Fuck off druggo

If only someone had told you that the way you were benching was terrible and your leg drive was a total meme...

can I do accessory work for 8 reps?

You can do it for singles if you like. No one is c gonna come abseiling through the gym ceiling if you do accessories for fewer than 10 reps.

I love you Isley

most knee flexion is from the floor so probally something with quads

>I'm gonna take some time to fix my bench and stop hip thrusting now.
You should have done that months ago.

It is referring to the iron

Congratulations lad. Good thing you know what to improve.
Congratulations mane.
What is twinkalex doing with his hand?

The key to getting the most out of volume work with singles is to use density work. Going for a high "density" of heavy (but not maximal) singles on a big lift will let you get the required volume in, while still attaining the muscle fiber fatigue required to maximize growth – all without the neural and joint health drawbacks.

Here are some options on how to do the volume/density portion of the workout, in order of difficulty:

Perform 30 singles with 80% as fast as you can.
Perform as many singles as possible with 80% in 8 minutes.
Perform 25 singles with 85% as fast as you can.
Perform as many singles as possible with 85% in 7 minutes.
Perform 10 singles with 85% as fast as you can. THEN perform 20 singles with 80% in as little time as possible.
Perform 15 singles with 85% as fast as you can. THEN perform 15 singles with 80% in as little time as possible.
Perform 20 singles with 85% as fast as you can. THEN perform 10 singles with 80% in as little time as possible.
Perform as many singles with 85% as you can in 2 minutes. THEN perform as many singles with 80% as you can in 6 minutes.
Perform as many singles with 85% as you can in 4 minutes. THEN perform as many singles with 80% as you can in 4 minutes.
Perform as many singles with 85% as you can in 6 minutes. THEN perform as many singles with 80% as you can in 2 minutes.

Question about where to do rows.
These are my 4 days and I usually just go 1234x1234 etc.

Bench
OHP ss Chins

Squat
Deadlift Variation

OHP ss Chins
Bench Variation

Deadlift
Squat Variation

I do like 8-9 sets of each movement in a condensed 531 format so I usually superset my chins with ohp and rows with bench for the same reps and weight with no negative impacts on the other lift but I've changed it a little recently and wonder if it would be better to do rows on my lower days instead?

upper back work every session

big strong back is good for all 3 lifts

Alright so I'll continue supersetting rows with bench on upper days but is there any kind of upper back stuff I could do after squats/deadlifts that's a little different from rows just to break up the monotony? Usually pretty killed off afterwards.

Another amrap bites the dust, this bench is too easy.

do different types of row

im currently alternating v grip rows with meadow rows 2x20 every day

barbell row
yates row
kirk row
snatch row
meadow row
dumbbell row
kroc row
upright row
low cable row
high cable row
banded row
inverted row

theres so many ways to do them

Thanks lad.

Honestly have no idea, I don't think he really knows.

2 girls approached me and my friend tonight

They got mad and after a whole thing with the whole bar they insulted me then left

Then I went to a club and had alcohol and horrible food and now hate myself

You put thots in their place. You did good.

it seems like you missed a chunk of the story that explains why they insulted you... or do random people just bully you in public?

Panzer woukd be proud

This means you should have done the opposite

>No seal row

Cuck

no it isn't, anything more than rows and pullups once a week is a massive waste of volume (read anything mike t/sheiko/mike israetel have said about training back)
chest/tricep/hamstring volume is infinitely more useful

kys raffy

>mike israetel
youtube.com/watch?v=QrXh8BsAa9o&t=113s&ab_channel=JuggernautTrainingSystems
>mike t
instagram.com/p/BWx7iYZgvB3/?taken-by=miketuchscherer

fuck off raf

>listening to someone who literally has israel in their name
good goy.

Did anyone else spot this autism?

Will that lever row fuck up my bar? Looks comfy as fuck. How do I set it up? I only have bumpers.

if you have a decent bar I think it would be fine. if youre worried tho, you can buy a cheapo bar just for stuff like that are rack pulls. maybe buy one of those landmine things too

Has anyone tried switching OHP for a bench variation on 5/3/1? Been thinking about doing slingshot bench instead, along with joker sets. Need to run something relatively easy to recover from due to work before I hop on da sheiko.

Literally what my programming is, except I use Spoto press.

Cheers. Should be bretty fun with joker sets.

I don't do Jokers, but have fun. OHP is p much useless after a point in your training.

hahahahah Norman khan just erupted out of my asshole into the toilet like rapid fire PLOPPLOPOLOPOOOOOLPOLPPOLPLOP

felt a little more wet than usual no doubt attributed to the alcohol consumed last night and...

BRRRRAAAFFPTTTTPP

PLOP

another log of Norman khan successfully discarded into the toilet

Good day hiking with Virtus lads. Fuck it's hot here

B-but ohp is fun

you look so english

ye
had a pretty good laff

Unsurprising desu

So I gave the SL app access to Apple health and logged these values for today's workout, which is my third lift day.

5x5 65kg Squat, 5x5 47.5kg BP, 5 5x3 47.5kg Power Cleans, 3x5 Dips etc.

There's no way in hell 400+ is correct, right? Considering I spent 30min reading the Starting Strength .pdf for form cues and my last workout was 50 min. It's doing some inaccurate per minute bullshit probably.

Just curious, don't care that much about kcal.

am I being memed?
should I not do rows every day?

Probably not, but lifting is different than straight cardio because you continue to burn calories from lifting hours after you finish due to repairing your muscles. 400+ is still a stretch though, at least at those weights.

Isn't that a jerk rather than the clean?

back and armsize actually increases leverage on the bench so what do you think

Dumbasses who make cringy lifting memes don't tend to think that stuff through

yeah but everyday?

>OHP is p much useless after a point in your training.
I disagree. I think it does tend to be overused but I think it's a great movement for tricep and shoulder hypertrophy which can definitely aid your bench. The absolute weight on OHP is also much less so it won't really affect your bench training too much

you could do any exercise daily if you have the right volume and intensity

doing a lot of pulling would give you balance since you probally do a lot of pressin already(or intend to. Probally should do more pulling than pressing considering the fact the amount of shoulder issues people get due pressing

Well we were giving the chat and it was going good, then we went for a smoke and the two of them for some reason just started absolutely tearing into this younger couple outside like really laying the insults on heavy. Then we went back inside and by some stroke of sorcery ended up sitting at the same table as them at which point everyone fell out and made up at least fucking 5 times. After that the couple left and then the bar shut, so we left to go to a club and then they turned on us. Insulted my hair even though it's cool and called my friend a fatty then said they would have shagged us if they hadn't pissed us off by leaving.

Tarded, heavy weighted chins twice a week are incredible for pressing strength

You're never gonna put more than your deadlift plates on one side, even if you row with 2 arms. Given that, and the fact that you hold the bar very close to the majority of the plates, I'd say it's super unlikely unless you do something dumb like drop it.

Reminder that frequency selection is dependent on goals for the lift (i.e. technique, muscle growth, or absolute strength).

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

And yet the man who deadlifted 500kg stresses the importance of upper back training for the deadlift. Even if you don't believe in the train lats for bench meme, you can't deny the importance of the deadlift.

Faces of plg?

>the chad selfie

thats not MA...

Can we please get a side profile shot

is this a real human bean?