Japanese Pro Wrestlers

I noticed that a lot of them have this chubby strong look. I'm curious as to why they want to look that way. Is the fat giving them better performance? Is this just the result of not using steroids in comparison to WWE? Just curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mSwSzoFaEcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's just a hypothesis : the chubby thing makes them more relatable to the spectator. The guy in your pic looks like a dude you could see grocery shopping, while you don't want to see the undertaker in the line at your pharmacy

How many tombstones do you think he can deadlift?

They're probably actual natties

You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

the undertaker more or less has the same body, only much larger. this is actually an ideal size for a wrestler to take bumps, you want to have to thickness and padding to your body so you have a wide spot to land on.

look at the physique guys in wrestling they're always breaking down.

Interesting. So it really is about performance then. Because I checked the wiki on some of these guys and they wrestle some pretty hard matches and for lots of years.

Is this body easier to achieve since I don't have to starve so much?

Fuck off weeb, stop promoting New Japan on every board.

>japan
>natty

What about the guys who look more like an American WWE Wrestler? Tanahashi for example, he can't be natty right?

Depends on their work rate, but probably not

Steroids are necessary to recover from the inevitable injuries

Wrestling isn't real, but the amount of effort they put into it is. Japan even needs to work a stiffer style than most and tend to have more feats of athleticism. Their general endurance for doing this almost daily for years on end must be intense, I will always respect the amount of effort they need to put into themselves to look presentable and perform at their best.

>this is considered skinnyfat by /asp/

Even Tana is "fat" by WWE standards.

McMahon is a muscle freak and loves the bodybuilder look. Thats the only reason.

The thing about NJPW is that while their premier shows have their talent really push themselves physically, the rest of their schedule is made mostly of these large 4v4 or 5v5 tag matches that are WAY WAY easier on the wrestlers compared to a regular 1v1. The WWE schedule is way more punishing plus the WWE believes in their own "style" of wrestling and makes the talent do what they say instead of letting them do what they do best.

Taker is just old, he juiced hard in the mid 90s.

I want to look like these fatasses.

>wrestling isn't real
*Normie-friendly """"wrestling"""" is scripted and well-rehearsed.
ftfy

how do i achieve this body?

Buy his DVD.

All pro-wrestling is scripted, and, depending on the promotion, can be rehearsed. At the very least, the wrestlers go over what's going to happen in the match beforehand, though they might change things a bit in the ring

What about Baron Corbin? Bray Wyatt? Dean Ambrose? Kevin Owens?

Obviously Vince has a fetish for monsters, but Tanahashi on the roster would be far from the worst physique

I can respect the stiff working and the talent involved, but I just can't get behind NJPW. They try too hard to make it seem like a shoot.

Personally, I'm more of a Joey Ryan guy

wrong

Does NJPW style do heel turns with their characters?

Hey, I'm also a proud owner of the King of Dong Style shirt.

See old photos of fat Ric Flair,and all the NWA champs, the classic wrestler look has some bodyfat bulk to it, it's just WWF that pushed the bodybuilders to go with their larger than life, saturday morning cartoon presentation.

There's no inherent advantages to being fat, other than maybe protecting the "heavyweight" division when you're not that tall, but old school trainers wouldn't let pencil necked geeks into the business, that's why every new wrestler had to go on a big bulk, New Japan still does it to their dojo boys.

>Is this body easier to achieve since I don't have to starve so much?
You don't have to starve either way, it's very easy to keep yourself at lower bodyfat levels than the guy in your pic, it's just about going on a "cut", or diet, for three months after you achieved your muscle goals, and then keeping your caloric intake in mind . Check the sticky.

Old school wrestlers, and halfway decent wrestlers in the modern era, plan one or two big spots and then call most of their shit in the ring using mostly non-verbal queues, listening to the audience.

I have a hot pink Legalize Sleaze

STRONG STYLE.

Some guys do that, especially if they've been in the business for a while. But others (HBK, Trips, Rock) were known to sometimes rehearse before a big match. That's also sometimes the purpose of dark matches, to try new things out or get something right

Njpw>nxt>wwe

I thought it had more to do with the overall look. In japan, ripped is kinda gay, but big guys are like powerful sumo fighters.

based Chiyonofuji

theyre all on drugs you are naive

GOOD

>watching wrestling with a normie friend
>dick-suplex
>friends never let me live it down

Then y does the guy in op pic look like a fat guy

He's right.

The people involved determine how scripted the actual match is. Most just plan out the big spots and play it by ear, judging by how into the match the crowd is. Some do plan out a lot more, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=mSwSzoFaEcA

is WWE still wasting Anderson and Gallows?

I love when wrestling goes full pantomime

Japan has traditionally viewed wrestling as more of a sport and likewise have more of a functional body type. Compare puroresu bodies to those of amature wrestlers. Whereas most western (read:wwe) wrestling is presented as bodybuilding theater and have more of a for-show physique.

because asians have tiny frames, so they have to put fat on too to look big plus they are manlets

No, it's because they don't roid as hard as the WWF roidmonsters did. You'll notice that a lot of WWE guys have the same look now due to the wellness policy.

>Baron Corbin? Bray Wyatt? Dean Ambrose? Kevin Owens?

They're all people that Vince has ended up burying. Meanwhile, he's letting monsters like this main event Summerslam.