What puts less stress on your knees, high bar or low bar?

What puts less stress on your knees, high bar or low bar?

no bar do leg press

Typically low bar, because there is usually a less deep flexion at the knee joint. This depends on the individual's form though.

Post the gif, boys.

jokes on you my calves are wayyyy smaller than that

Doesn't matter, only thing that matters is depth.

ATG all day

>low bar
>supposed to have less shear stress on back
>dramatically increases back angle while marginally decreasing fulcrum length

Who claimed literally any of that? The only reason anyone lifts low bar is that in the vast majority of cases it leads to a performance increase.

Has anybody experienced pain in the groin/hip flexors from squats? How did you fix it? I'm concerned this pain indicates impingement and that I can't actually do squats.

wtf nobody ever said low bar decreases "shear," which isn't even really a thing. Low bar does decrease spinal compression.

Not that user but sheer force is even really a thing.

I did when I first started. It got so bad I had to stop squatting for a couple weeks. Fixed it by doing daily hip flexor stretches for 1-2 minutes before and after sleeping. Your form might be a problem too idk.

Do your knees stay in track over your toes when you go deep? Knee collapse in is the major issue for this. It's fixed by squatting and getting that groin stronger.

>long torso
>short shins, long thighs
>big, flat feet
>one leg is an inch longer than the other
>suffered for scoliosis as a teen, shoulders still not really even, probably a posture problem
I was not designed to squat, or use my legs really

its more the fact that it uses the erectors more which can lead to injury if not managed with caution

I'll try this, thanks. It's only my left hip flexor that is hurting. After pulling my groin, I took 5 weeks off. I felt 100% after that, until the very first day I went back to squatting. Now the pain is back.

Yes. Feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart, feet angled out 30 degrees, knees tracking over toes. Your hip abductors are in charge of pushing the knees out, anyway, not the hip adductors (i.e., groin).

kinda like there's a shear in your shoulder from benching right

it's bullshit
either your muscles are strong enough to support your spine, or they're not, in which case you make them strong first
and they don't get strong by avoiding to incorporate the back muscles in your squats with highbar squats you know

not saying highbar doesn't have its place
but for the back, lowbar is definitely better, it fixed my backpain and it never appeared again

I high bar because I find low bar very uncomfortable, and my knees are fine.

Having said that, they WERE bad, but that was due to poor form. I fixed that and me knees don't hurt or ache at all know; all in the quads and my glutes.

That guy posted his legs after people started making fun of him and they were jacked

you're a newfriend, you can't bench 2 plates and you should stop trying to fit in by judging one's legs by his calves

>>long torso
>>short shins, long thighs
>>big, flat feet
>>one leg is an inch longer than the other
lmao are you me, dont have the flat feet though the rest is identical

it took me a while to find a proper stance for the squat though but I eventually got it, its a bit wider than shoulder with with the feet angles around 30 degrees, longer leg slightly more

Youre still loading weight where your knee is the lever

No memes, yesterday I tried low bar squatting for the first time (have shite shoulder mobility) and not only did it feel much easier, but it put zero stress on my low back, while high bar squatting kinda does