Why do people act like the God of the Old Testament is a bigger asshole than in the New Testament?

Why do people act like the God of the Old Testament is a bigger asshole than in the New Testament?

>Old Testament
>here's a bunch of simple rules how to live your life and not sin
>if you fuck it up, you might make me and I might kill you and that's it
>also if you're not a kike this doesn't really apply to you

>New Testament
>I give you ONE CHANCE to redeem yourself and become an anti-materialist lunatic awaiting the apocalypse, giving up his material posessions, severing all ties with his family if they aren't on board with being completely devoted to me, with the mentality that even THINKING of sinning now counts as actual sinning
>if you don't take up this one time chance of redemption and continue sinning in any way, fuck even if you as much as refuse to believe that I exists, I will send you to hell where you'll spend the literal eternity in the most painful torment
>also it now applies to EVERYONE, not just the jews

Sounds like New Testament God is far more of a cunt.

Other urls found in this thread:

lds.org/scriptures/search?lang=eng&query=Hell&testament=ot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipporah_at_the_inn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>god of the old testament
>kills everyone on the land because he does not like how they live
Face it, he is a dick in both the new and old testaments.

Spooks

Reality is cruel, but it is not an asshole, it is not unjust, reality just is and questioning its degree is useless.

actually read the bible

Actually read the Bible you mong. Better yet, read about how Christians have actually interpreted the Bible for all these years instead of getting everything from Dawkins and Hitchens.
God forgives, if you go to hell it's your choice.

Not an argument.

>6666

top kek you are onto something user

This so much. Pretty sick of fedoralords. Buy an easy to understand bible, (so no kang james but make sure it isn't babby tier either) that has good footnotes as well as the so called apocrypha (so a Catholic or Orthodox Bible)

how many floods did god cause in the new testament again?

I read the Bible more times than you did, brainlets.

yeah sure kid

Agreed.
Considering all of those people that God Himself killed and didn't extend the supposed mercy of Jesus Christ onto have been retconned into eternal torture by the NT God, He's far more evil frankly.

>6666
Yeah I'm not falling for that one.

>6

>dying in a flood is worse than literally getting tortured for eternity

The people who died in the flood went to hell too.....

Only according to the New Testament, which is exactly the point.

I found the "judge not" (((Christian))).

>only according to the new testament
nigga what

There is no hell mentioned in the OT.

lds.org/scriptures/search?lang=eng&query=Hell&testament=ot

That's where you're wrong.

"hell" is just a poor translation of Sheol

>lds.org
laughingjennaelfman.jpeg
Also sheol =/= hell.

Sheol is a fiery place bad people go to when they die. Calling it by its original Hebrew word doesn't change this.

Sheol is not fiery at all, nor is it a form of punishment or torment.

I heard it's more of a murky underworld where all the dead went regardless like Hades, literally death as opposed to life on Mount Olympus or Elysium. What Yeshua the uncted king of the Jews offered was an escape from that and maybe Christians turned the alternative into a fiery torment to coerce people more powerfully. The Muslims picked up the concept immediately while some contemporary Christians deliberate whether it just means being cut off from God.

Sheol is literally just Dead Nigger Storage. People there have no senses or memories, they don't feel anything.

How did the witch of Endor talk to Saul after he died? 1 Samuel 28:3-25.

Barack Obama: uhhhh ummmm

Sheol=/=Hell. Hebrews didn't have a concept of Eternal Punishment until the Hellenistic period.

Being such it might have been the place where according to some interpretations of Christians even the souls being resurrected would lie in wait until the second coming.

>also if you're not a kike this doesn't really apply to you
>floods entire planet
>seperates people of the world by language

There's so much more wrong but whether it is OT or NT, God is a fucking tyrant.

>people now speak different languages
The horror

So it wasn't hell, thanks for playing.

Sounds primitive and vague in any case, this is why Buddhist views on death and the afterlife make more sense.

The only afterlife that makes sense is no afterlife.
>sounds primitive
It was written by a pack of iron age autists overseeing a bunch of goat herders, what do you expect?

but muh bacon :-DD

You mean how did she talk to Samuel? Samuel literally complains about being woken up. He was having a cozy eternal nap.

How was he woken up if there is no afterlife in Judaism?

that's not what anybody was saying you retard

There is afterlife, just no hell.

Well that view is just as incomprehensive and leaves a bunch of things to open to question, pretty simplistic and unsubstantial as well.
>lol it just is, nothing after death just utter annihilation, no reason for being or going.

You know I just really think you have to be a very sheltered and small-minded person if this is all you get out of the Bible.

If everybody goes to Heaven what's the point of God's 613 commandments? What's the point of doing anything?

There is an afterlife you nigger, it's called sheol.

>6666

There is no heaven either, it's just a place of eternal numbness where souls are stored in stupor.
>what's the point
So God wouldn't fuck with you during your lifetime, not after it.

>LDS

gtfo cultist heretic

Evil ass Egyptians, Babylonians, and Gentiles who worship false gods can sin freely and live to be 100. Meanwhile faithful Jews get struck down and cursed every page of the Bible.

Makes sense.

>6666
nice try

He'll make Israel free and prosperous. That's it, Yahweh in the Old Testament only ever promises temporal rewards.

early christianity was more henotheistic, recognizing that other gods existed and had powers but were false. That is why its all so confusing, judaism is building on thousands of years of their own tradition plus elements of their past religious practices and later influences by the Greeks.

Probably to avoid being cursed and have plagues and ecological disasters being raining down on you in the mortal life. Seems to have been a matter of greater pertinence back when the Jews where supposedly being exiled and enslaved. It's could also be just a means of governing civil society.

No, the only book that really engages with this issue is Job. Most portray a world where the righteous are always rewarded and the wicked always punished. And even Job ends with God doubling Job's wealth as a reward for his faith.

So it's basically karma. A system that blames rape victims for their suffering rather than the rapists.

Nice try Satan

I don't know about other gods but up until the advent of Christianity there was a belief in daemons which could be good or bad. Even Islam considers the possibility of certain genies being good.
The powers of sorcery other deities have ended up being attributed to being demonic beings nonetheless.

>worshipping the demiurge in 2018

Judaism is extremely and I mean EXTREMELY materialist. You suck God's proverbial cock and you become wealthy and respected. Your kingdom will be strong and powerful if you obey God, and you will suffer from famine, diseases and poverty if you disobey. On Earth, not in some hypothetical afterlife. Then you die and that's it.
All that spiritual and immaterial shit about a kingdom not of this world and being rewarded in some magical paradise was added by the Christians and it's just not present in the Old Testament at all. And it's literally the result of hellenized Jews like Paul introducing Greek Platonic concepts.

I would respect gnosticism more if they didn't Mary Sue in an asspull being superior to the Demiurge out of nowhere. Demiurge is both evil AND the ultimate being, there is nothing above him.

>Jews have been persecuted and miserable much of their entire existence
>All the other groups are prosperous and happy

I seriously doubt Jews believe that God rewards good people and punishes bad people here on Earth.

>Cain is a murderer
>Abraham is a liar and a cuck
>Jacob is a cheat and a thief
>God literally personally looks for them and helps them out despite this
>but he also blows up a few towns full of rapists and sinners so he's like so evil he should have just let them go on raping and sinning

>Abraham is a liar and a cuck
>Jacob is a cheat and a thier
I would add:
>David is an idolater and a whoremonger who literally murdered his friend because he wanted his wife
It says a lot about Jews when they think such characters are the good and respectable people. Jacob in particular is the archetypal kike, completely raping his brother out of his inheritance in a time of need and then cheating his own father, and getting rewarded for it.

No.

Not an argument you woman worshipping retard.

check'd

You are right; it's the same God, there is only one God, and the difference in tone is the difference between the man dependent Old Covenant and the God dependent New Covenant.

There wasn't an argument to respond to. Your post was just "nuh-uh"

Your g*d is a dick sucker/foreskin eater.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipporah_at_the_inn

>thinking I worship a kike god
>not being a misotheist by default
>believing any god is worthy of worship simply for existing
>thinking a creator deserves to get his cock sucked just because he's the creator
Gynocentric fucktardery designed to respect and worship our mothers just because they shat you out to the world, instead of properly killing and disposing of them like they deserve alongside all cunt-creatures.

Shut the fuck up you cringelord.

Go back to slurping the infected sap out of your mommy's cunt you cuntcuck slave retard.

So mad. Fedora gnostics are beyond cringe

Final destination - NT god says you have to follow one rule and you're fine, OT god says you have to follow loads of rules and be Jewish and you still won't be fine

O boy another christianity thread. This will surely involve a high level of discourse. Remember, anybody who questions Christian doctrine is a fedora and anybody who is Christian is a young earth fundamentalist or something. Carry on.

Christians worship a Jew.

>cuntcuck calling me a gnostic for shitting on gnostics
What did the retard mean by this

Sheol is different from Hell and more akin to Hades. Later on the concept of Gehenna was invented, but it's closer to Purgatory than Hell. The wicked go there to repent and if they succeed they are granted a place in the world to come (another later concept). If they do not repent their souls are destroyed from existence. Eternal punishment is a NT idea.

>666
>"Hurr, hey Asmodeus? If I add another 6 to it do you think they won't notice we're Satan on 4 Chan.?"

>weeping and gnashing of teeth mentioned over half a dozen times
>hey it's prolly referring to a mere separation from God

the israelites committed a fuckton of rape so why do they have a moral high ground?