Itt: exercises you cannot perform properly no matter what

Itt: exercises you cannot perform properly no matter what

>Facepulls
I never feel my rear delts being used. Only my biceps.
>Chinups
Lats LITERALLY never sore. Only biceps as well.

You need to start recruiting the muscles in your back. If you are focusing purely on pulling towards you without actually using your back muscles to do it, you will only and always be using only arms.

>t. had the same problem with pushing, bench in particular. Only just starting to learn to focus on pecs when benching instead of pushing up with my arms/shoulders.

I have similar trouble with lat pulldowns (am girl, can't do chin/pullups yet) - I never actually feel it in my back, just my arms.

How can I do that?

Chinups are LITERALLY the one movement I cant seem to grasp.

Please be in London bby

Aight nig next time you do chinups try to look at the ceiling and focus on pulling your elbows into your pockets
Also fuck chins for lats do pull-ups

It was the same for me. Honesty, an assisted pull-up machine got it for me. I could at least start with a low enough weight that I could focus on my back without having to wrench my arms completely. Slowly worked my way up to actual chinups.

If your gym doesn't have that machine, then try negatives or lat pull downs with lower weight.

I'd do pullups but they seem even harder.

I do 5x3 of chinups but always only feel it in my biceps plus I can never progress at all.

Bump

Problems with squats. Lower back is all types of crapped out. Problems leaning too far forward/falling back even when activating glutes in full.

idk man, I have a lot of trouble with calculus exercises

>Also fuck chins for lats do pull-ups
Seconding this. Ignore rippetoe on this one, do pullups instead of chins, and then do bicep curls.

Who cares about how strong your biceps are, you just want to be big there. Lats you want to be big and strong.

>be me
>have prosthetic leg
>squats impossible

Isn't it a lot harder to do tho?

>No legs
>No leg day

That's win breh

Lol fug you

>install mechanical legs
>leave humanity behind

there's a guy at my gym like that and he's a beast dw dude we're all gonna make it

>all of them
But I'm trying my best anyway

>TFW you will never use your mechanical augments to fight the shadow government

For me it's about the same, but I find it easier to feel my lats during the pull up.

Scapula depressions helped me for chinups. I just do a few scapula depressions before I start doing my sets. I don't feel my lats doing anything unless my shoulder blades are pulled down while actually pulling

Please elaborate further!!!

Bump

>Facepulls
Make sure you pull far enough. Your hands should end up slightly behind your head, not in front of it. Also to specifically target rear delts, pull outwards as well.
It can also help to set the pulley at a higher point, above head height - sort of like an overhead facepull.

>Squats
Could be a million things going on here. Try doing proper form planks, side bridges, and hip activation stuff first. And cut out barbell squats and do only goblet squats for 6 weeks. Fixes almost everything.

Pull-ups and chin-ups are equally effective for lat development. That's just a fact, assuming you use the same grip width. It's just extension of the shoulder joint (or adduction if you take a wide grip).
Yes, pronation vs. supination of the forearms slightly shift emphasis between the elbow flexors - But the true benefit of chin-ups, in my opinion, is that, when done the right way, they externally rotate the shoulders and also take you to full flexion range-of-motion. Both of which are helpful for any lifter who wants to preserve shoulder health.

Hang from a bar and pull your shoulder blades down. Think of pulling your chest to the bar with straight arms if that helps. Then, I make sure that happens every rep. I keep my shoulder blades depressed for my entire set, but it might also work if you start each chinup with that scapula depression.

Seems weird. And this helps you do more chinups?

No, it helps you do them correctly. As this is how you should start every rep.

It helped me do a couple extra bodyweight chinups the first time I tried it. I'm sure it helped more once I got used to those depressions. My main reason for trying it was to feel my lats actually doing something during my chins, but it ended up helping me strength-wise anyway

OK ill do it this way. Does it make it easier to do or progress them then?

Ok good. Ill try it, do you do same thing on both chinups and pullups?

Definitely makes it easier to progress. I don't do pullups, but the same principle applies

>Does it make it easier to do or progress them then?
Short-term you may find that it becomes harder. Long-term your results will be better.

Ok thank you.

Because otherwise ive plateaued hard on 5x3 chinups. Feels only biceps and brachialis working

Understand that adding 1 rep to a 3 rep set is an increase of 33%, which is an enormously steep progression.

Here's what I recommend you do instead of 5x3...

First, make sure you do them properly. No jumping, no swinging, no dropping, no kicking. If that means you can only do sets of 2 reps, then so be it.
If you can honestly do zero to one proper pull-ups/chin-ups, stick to the pull-down machine for now, and come back with a vengeance. There's no shame in that.

Second, rather than doing a fixed number of sets and reps in the conventional manner, shoot for a total number of reps e.g. 24 total reps. Take as many sets and as much time as you need to complete this volume of repetitions. Then next time do either 1 more total rep or try to complete the 24 reps in slightly less time than it took last time.

Also, if you're fat, you've got to lose weight.

I do it very deadstop but as I said lats are never sore. Feels like im really only using biceps and those obviously are not powerful

curls.

My forearms hog all the action.

just google how to do facepulls, set the shit to just below your chest, face your palms out to grab the rope, never have your hands higher then your elbows

What. Elbows above hands is shoulder impingement position.

>face your palms out

HOW DO I BRACE MY ABS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Doesn't change anything

1. bitchtits do you know what a facepull even is
2. if you do, do the action i said with hands below and above and see which you think works biceps like ops having a problem with, and which works the muscles your supposed to be hitting with it

Calm down spastic all I said was that elbows above hands is shoulder impingement.

you need to take a little below 'full' breath of air into your lungs and use the air to push down on your stomach.
A lot of people use the cue 'breath into your stomach'.

Now you want to flex your abs, obliques and back and hold it throughout the whole movement.