What would a Albania colonized Philippines look like? Would it be successful?

What would a Albania colonized Philippines look like? Would it be successful?

That is a trick question. Albanians would not survive the boat trip due to lack of goat fucking.

>Phillipines would be split up among albanian governors from diffrent clans/ethnic groups so they wouldn't be pissed at home
>Depending on the type of Albanian, Phillipinos would either be muslim or catholic, just as they are anyway, but maybe we'd see some orthodox converting too
>Skanderbeg larp
>Tension as feuds between governors would cause some trouble
>kanun would be a thing in Asia
>there would be 10x more people speaking the fucking cancerous language of theirs
>Albania would need to develop something other than clan feuds as a political system, develop some infrastructure and modernize in general
>would develop the mindset of other imperialist small nations (e.g.Belgium)
>more respected among world leaders
>have huge advantages over other balkan states that never left the state of unimportance

Albanian Golden Age sounds nice

>Albanian Golden Age
>turns into a massive shitshow with Albania losing Philippines to Spaniards because Albanian-Filipino Catholics have made an alliance with Spain to defeat the Muslim South and their Muslim Albanian governors
>Philippines would become a sub-sub servant to the Ottomans which will motivate Spaniards to kick them out and take Philippines

it's a Lose-Lose Situation

>more respected among world leaders
Maybe during that time period but I doubt it'd happen later on. The black hole of irrelevance in the balkans would claim them eventually again.
>we will never live in a world where people argue they're descended from illyrians because of their 1/8th albo ancestor

They could play both cards, Ottoman and Spanish, and depending on whoever backs whom of the two probably keep their thing going

>wanting to turn Philippines into a worse version of itself
May Gutierrez or Ramos steal your job friend

I'm not sure if the Philippines can get any worse. I think Albanian civilization would be good for it.

>not wanting to have your job taken by Dardan Jesus del Hoxha-Ramirez

>Muslim vs Catholic population in a permanent state of pre emptive strike and war
>Asean ISIS influence becomes stronger with a power base in Mindanao which makes it difficult for countries around it to combat terrorism

>mfw Filipinos become less Asian and become a balance between Euros and Asians

The name wouldn't be Philippines for one
Their flag would be different too

Also on Albania. Say it gets independence around the 1860s, and they declare some old respected but quiet nobleman as their king, and he passes it to his son after a few years of stabilization. The issue is, his son was secretly a Christian, and after a few years of fortifying his position, he declare that the Albanian Orthodox Church is the state church of Albania, and tries to convert the populace.
What would happen? This is in my dumb alt-his, just a small part, but I wanted to use the opportunity to ask some Albanians.

not as much as one might think. because of religious diversity they always have had this bloodline thing for creating a national identity

one of their national heroes (forgot his name) was tortured by a montenegrin (orthodox) mob and told to accept Jesus. He, instead of accepting the faith or saying something muslim he stated that his religion would be being albanian. I think if a king would enforce chrstianty on all albanians he would not face that much resistance, however from their mentality it'd be unlikely that one would ever try doing such

Thanks. I just wanted to add that while fleshing out the Balkans. I especially add that because I want Albanians to be less of a laughing-stock in Europe, and being just another small Orthodox country would certainly help with that. Though they'd probably still be hated in the Balkans.

I for one think their religious diversity makes them more likable

They're a laughing-stock in Europe for being Muslim. It's a real shame.

/pol/ or Veeky Forums is not a good representation of Europe

Let me correct the other user, they're the laughing stock of Europe for having one of the most prominent criminal records attributed to their surprisingly large, opportunistic diaspora that litterally managed to annex a country by immigration and tried to do it a few more times after that just to see if it works.

/pol/ or Veeky Forums is not a good representation of Europe

Funny stuff, it's literally true

>it's literally true
Yes it is true that /pol/ or Veeky Forums is not a good representation of Europe

>if I bury my head in the ground the issue will go away

What issue?

They would be called the Skanderbeggies.

>Illyrian_nationalist
This is just a meme right, those aren't real?

If they are real, I have to destroy them...

I get banned for calling out the english but the kara boga fuckers and this faggot wont? jesus christ mods

Interesting idea. Bump.