Are weight loss plateaus real or a meme?

Are weight loss plateaus real or a meme?

Here is my situation

>14 months ago weigh 295
>decide to say fuck this I am losing weight
>read about TDEE and working out
>start going to crossfit (lol)
>then eating at maintenance
>then a 500 calorie deficit
>as my weight drops continue to drop my deficit proportionally to eat at a 500cal deficit
>lose 90 pounds in one year
>have been stuck at 205 for the past 2 months
>I am not eating over my TDEE
>my workout regime has not gotten easier

What is the problem? I have heard that plateaus are nothing but a lack of discipline, however I have also read that extended deficits cause your metabolism to fuck up. I am going to start supplementing my current workout program by adding in heavy lifting 3 days a week as well as a 5 mile jog on those three days.

I am so close to my goal weight but I am stuck and its driving me insane.

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/weight-loss-plateau/art-20044615?pg=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can return to your TDEE for a couple of weeks/months with clean food, then resume the cut at a 1000 calorie deficit.

mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/weight-loss-plateau/art-20044615?pg=2

>mayoclinic

Fake news

It's a non-profit fucking medical research group with some of the most up to date fucking medicine and healing treatments in the fucking world, you ignorant nigger.

And trump is still your president

Just get the surgery like boogie did

>crossfit

Found your problem

and hilary still isnt yours

you got a point? or just a dumb shit poster?

You're not counting your calories as precisely as you think you are.

I've never seen that brand of toaster pastry boogie is holding before. Are they any good?

>Are weight loss plateaus real or a meme?

eat less, work out harder, and stop lying to yourself. this isn't fucking rocket science fattie. this is simply physics. stop looking excuses for giving up? "plateau" == fucking rubbish.

wow what a badass you told him XD

>hey guise let's ignore established facts!

Plateaus are just reaching a new weight that requires more food but the person is too stupid to realize they need to increase their caloric intake.

I think you have it backwards, at least in the context OP is talking about.

I don't see how I magically fucked up on counting calories the past 2 months. That's why I don't think I've been fucking up on my calories.

>crossfit
>295 lbs

better enjoy having usable joints while you have them, user. While yeah it's more difficult to lose weight as you get closer to what you should be, it's not impossible. Running is great, lifting 3 days a week isn't cardio and won't really help offset your calorie intake. You can drop your calorie intake by a less significant amount rather than 500 and it will still be effective, you don't lose weight on a day to day basis, think of it as an average over a week or month. One day over isn't going to fuck you up as much as say, someone on keto eating a bunch of bread.

Overall, stop being a huge faggot and eat at a deficit, you're almost there and it seems like it's the only thing you've kept at level. Try lowering it by 2-300. It'll be slow, but you'll get there.

>You dont need to eat at a 500cal deficit
>OP you should lower your deficit by another 300cal

this board gives the worst fucking advice.

Did you adjust your calories after dropping the 90lbs? Your tdee isnt the same. Eating 2k calories (lets say) while weighing 295lbs is going to net you results. Now youre at 209 , 2k is almost maintnace. Idkk why else you would get stuck

Yea I adjusted my TDEE every 20 or so calories. I have my TDEE figured around 2150 and I dont include any of my workouts into my daily figure. I eat 17-1750 calories a day. So even if I am over by 2-300 calories on my calculations I should still be good since I have the cardio to cover me since I dont include it.

he said he wasn't eating over and seemed to imply he was eating AT TDEE. Wasn't suggesting he cut his calories by 800 per day. It seemed like he was maintaining TDEE because he was worried about metabolism issues, I suggested a smaller deficit than 500.

Do you track every single thing you eat with a scale, including the "little things" such as sweetener or cooking oil (a single teaspoon of oil has really high cals)? For example i discovered to my surprise that when I make tea im putting an average of 50ml of milk in it - its easy for me to have 6 cups a day and that would get me an extra 150 calories. Some supplements can also contain a surprising amount, for example if youre chugging soya lecithin and omega 3 that adds up too.

Yes I do, although when I eat out obviously its a guess (around 3 meals a week). My wife is really big into counting her macros so shes autistic with measuring food so most of my meals are ones she prepares or leftovers from them.

You eat out three times a week and have to guess? Found your problem mate. Stop that for a while, see what happens.

>when you say guess do you mean the places you eat dont publish their nutritional information? You are extra fucked if so

So then eat less. You do know that TDEE calculators are just taking an educated guess, not literally omnipotent, right?

>relying on a woman

never gonna make it