Has anyone here been able to permanently fix their anterior pelvic tilt?

Has anyone here been able to permanently fix their anterior pelvic tilt?

My lower back is killing me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNy_hpcjOdI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

your posture turned to shit after a long time of bad habits, so its going to take a long time to get back to normal

roll hipflexors with a ball, strengthen abs, mentally straighten your posture no matter what youre doing

Is using an ab wheel ok for strenghteting my abs in this case?

Also, doing pic related and this: youtube.com/watch?v=wNy_hpcjOdI

How long should I do these exercises? Or how long am I supposed to keep these? Do I do reps or something?

I just watched an Athlean-X video about this and he said NOT to do hamstring stretches. :\

Reading about APT I've discovered that the condition is mostly caused by imbalances in the muscles ( like the abs and glutes ).

Does getting ripped and activating these muscles make the condition disappear?

Keep your hip mobile in general. Be flexible in all its directions, keep your glutes woke and firing. Do lots of bodyweight glute bride raises daily and as warm up before lifting.

I like dancing. I can dance from the hips. Would that help?

Don't stretch your hamstrings because they're already stretched if you have apt. Focus on strengthing them instead.

So squats and deadlifts?

yeah I just did some warrior lunges every morning for like 3 weeks and it was gone

I also fixed my squat form

Are warrior lunges the ones in pic?

I've seen a few lunge variants labelled "warrior" lunges

What are warrior lunges?

Also, op here. I've noticed that I can improve my posture standing if I keep my abs and ass tight. If I actually get a hard core, will my body do that sunconsciously? Cause right now I have to keep reminding myself and force myself to do that ( weakling skinny dyel that just started lifting here ).

Thank you for this user.. spot on

Stretch your hips and your hamstrings, strengthen your abdominal muscles and sit with proper posture.

I have the feeling, you can forcibly move your muscles or whatever into the right position. But since your body is used to keep it somewhere else, it'll feel like it's being pulled away from it's natural designed position, into it's usual (mis)position.
By tightening your body and slowly relaxing it, you very slowly stretch your inner body parts. You can try to expand that to all of your body, but careful, whole body contractions might lead to moaning and orgasming.

So it'll help afair but only very slowly, it's far more effective to roll out/ do sports.
Personally, I started to do very light sport, but very slowly, and consciously, trying to keep every body part at it's place or jumble up dislodged areas.

Yoga works pretty well, especially, if you keep poses for several minutes. Basically you're taking poses that will slowly stretch your entire body into a more relaxed/natural pose, by holding it for several minutes, the body will relax into that new posture.
Get a small ball or something you can rest your lower back on, it'll hurt like hell the first time, but give your lower spine and the area around it, a break from supporting itself.

I do now consciously try to flip my hip forwards (thrusting), while keeping my back straight and chest relaxed. Went from a guy with beer gut, curved spine and average weight, to a guy with a flat stomach and stable posture, just by rearranging my hip. It still snaps back when I walk around and don't pay attention to keeping the form, standing however already works with minimal attention .

Again, I'd focus on a lot of light sport, until you don't feel like your body is distributing weight unevenly or has some posture problem. Doing extensive sports, will only strengthen your body mechanism to keep the dislodged part in it's (wrong) position, ihmo.

Train abs + Deadlifts

What if mine are super tight, to the point getting into correct diddly position is slightly difficult and I can't touch my toes without bending my knees?

Weak muscles tend to be tight.
So strengthening them fixes that.

Well I have noticed my flexibility improving since lifting; I guess I'll just continue doing diddly squat.

Have fixed my own, fixing my brother's right now. Rows are great, you'll want to get rid of the rounded shoulders you inevitably have. Planks are great, so are push ups for the same reason. Definitely don't do sit ups, they'll just strengthen your hip flexors. Romanian deadlifts are good to strengthen your hamstrings and give them a decent stretch. Glute bridges are your best friend, though they can feel like they aren't doing much at first. Make sure when you do them to try and touch the ceiling, and really try to feel the stretch in your hip flexors as well as the squeeze in your glutes

Just learn how it feels to be in correct position then relign yourself into that position throughout the day. if youre good at this then it will become your natural posture withint 2-5 weeks.

Lifting alone pretty much sucks at ficking it, as it doesnt matter if you spend 1 hour a day correcting it when you spend the other 23 fucking it up. And posture is about habits, not weak or tight muscles. Which is why creating new postural habits is the best way to fix it.

>Reading about APT I've discovered that the condition is mostly caused by imbalances in the muscles ( like the abs and glutes ).

That is what they used to think, but its not true. Its just your body making certain habits. You can fix it faster without lifting then you can with lifting alone.

jesus christ, is this while i have such a fucking huge gut?

6'4'' and 211lbs here (194cm, 95kg)

i shouldn't by THAT fat but when i do push ups my fat belly literally dangles 5 to 7 inches or so from where it should be

i hate it

help me fit

Lift weights. You probably have nonexistent abs, so your gut has no support whatsoever.

Either you're doing pushups wrong or you are just that fat pal. You're supposed to keep your core tight while doing pushups like in a plank, flex abs and glutes, which if you do right should largely fix your posture.

i am doing these things where you lay on your back and try to keep it straightened out, then lift your prolonged legs up and hold them until you can't anymore

some fit nigger on youtube told me that's a good core and ab exercise

sorry for sounding retarded, absolute nooblet here

don't know what to say

somehow i only store fat on my belly and ass, i hate it, look like an "S" and OPs picture could explain why

>pushups for some reason
because they're basically planks with additional scapula movement which is also benefitial for rounded shoulders
pushups > planks

Keep doing that, add hanging leg raises, planks and side-planks till failure.

You would only get a decent plank time from pushups if you would do 50 slow push ups or so.

I know the feel mate, I store most fat in my lovehandles and upper legs which made me look like ridiculously disproportionate.
Anyway, easiest way to tell is post a pic of your body

How so? Average plank is like 1 min, 10 pushups take about as long.

yeah man, tfw girl hips

i think i have around 10kg overweight but it immediately shows on belly and hips, FUCKING hating it bruv

Now they don't. A slow pushup takes like 2 seconds. Do ten regular push ups and time yourself with your smartphone stop watch or something

I can't even touch my toes, let alone sit right up with locked out knees.

I have APT
tried literally everything under the sun to fix it
trust me - it does not work
15+ years of bad sitting and sleeping habits (on stomach) + bad posture while standing can't be fixed with couple of stretches and exercises

it can be fixed you need to try harder and stop sitting completely

alan thrall had a pretty good basic idea on what to do with posterior and anterior pelvic tilts respectively.

I'm doing lunges, ab wheels, back straightening on the ground, side planks and glute bridges, but I'm afraid I might not be doing the glute bridges correctly. Am I only supposed to lift my ass, or a bit of my lower back as well? I can lift my ass up, keep it there, but all the videos recommend I lift it a bit higher, but don't I come back to the anterior tilt that way or am I supposed to round my back a little to push the hip forward while going up?

Also, any other exercises I should try? I'm gonna try doing these every morning after I wake up.

Is doing Starting Stretch when you have anterior pelvic tilt a good idea?

i call bullshit

I think mine has improved recently. I've done all kinds of stretching, including stuff people say to do and stuff people say not to do, like straight leg deadlifts and hamstring stretches. Don't underrate conscious correction throughout the day; I.e. While you're walking, consciously engage you abdominal muscles. It will become second nature at some point. Second, I think wearing a backpack is the worst possible thing for APT. To avoid forward head it seems like the body just lets the midsection go to shit when wearing a backpack. Humans aren't meant to wear constant off-center load.