How do I make sure my posture is good while also having to sit at a desk many hours a day?

How do I make sure my posture is good while also having to sit at a desk many hours a day?

Should I abandon the desk and make sure my computer is at upper chest height to use properly?

Other urls found in this thread:

circ.ahajournals.org/content/134/13/e262
thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(16)30370-1/fulltext
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have all four of those

>tfw both lordosis and kyphosis

Sit on the floor and use a futon.

Put your computer on the floor too.

Furniture and comfy is what ruins your posture.

Me too. It's called kypholordosis. I already improved my posture and hope the gym does the rest...

even the "good posture" pic looks retarded.. who the fuck stands like that? i'd rather have my substandard posture and not be asked whats stuck in my ass

but i love being comfy and spending 15+ hours lying in bed a day

how did you improve it?

Whar I meant is that I learned to keep my back straight while sitting and walking

Let me get this straight. You fags look like pic related?

Not exactly. My upper back doesn't go forward. It's on the same level as my as ass like in pic related.
>tfw i would probably be like 6' if I didn't have this shit

where's the gif of the OP pic?

nvm i googled and found it

Every time I try to sit like that it feels like my left leg is gonna snap

the fuck did you have to google?

treadmill desk or bike desk
It's the only way to avoid sitting disease, too. Standing is not any better than sitting.

"sitting disease"?

what's wrong with just having my computer up on a shelf and standing?

I also can't afford a fucking treadmill desk. They cost a fortune.

1.) Fix your desk, chair, and computer screen to the proper height for maintaining good posture.

2.) Get a timer, on your computer or on your watch or phone. Set it to 20 minutes.

3.) When the timer goes off, get up, stretch your hip flexors and hamstrings and do wall angels if you can. reset the timer.

That's it. You can fix your existing desk disease (takes about a month to see results) and keep it from returning this way.

I have pretty bad APT so I basically look like the lumbar lordosis guy. But there are stretches and things you can do to correct it.

>"sitting disease"?
If you sit for something like six hours a day, you're all-cause mortality rate goes up quite a bit. Exercise does not counteract the effects of prolonged sitting. It's called sitting disease.
>what's wrong with just having my computer up on a shelf and standing?
Your legs aren't moving which is the primary problem. They need to move.
Underdesk pedal bike machine thing will keep your legs moving

Can you link me to the source? Surprised that exercise daily wouldn't alleviate the effects of sitting.

I need to be sat at my desk a lot for university, but I assumed the gym as well as walking around a bit every 20-30 mins would be enough.

If I'm stood still I feel the urge to stretch my legs every 20-30 mins anyway.

Get a good desk chair. $600-1000 is not very much for securing your health.

I have bad posture but mine looks more like this. How do I fix it?

You can buy a treadmill desk for the same price and eliminate sitting disease.

circ.ahajournals.org/content/134/13/e262
thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(16)30370-1/fulltext
These don't have a paywall. Anyway, the second one hints that 60-75 minutes of running everyday, somewhat helps reduce the risk of hours of sitting, but does not counter it.
Just like the key to losing weight, is to eat less, being healthier means being sedentary less often. Less sitting, less standing, more walking around, fidgeting, etc.
>every 20-30 minutes
between one hour of sitting or is it two, three, four?