Questions that don't deserve their own thread: Manlet Bullying Dany edition

>start lifting few months ago
>tfw getting fatter and fatter
>tfw lifts getting weaker and weaker
What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm bulking right now but I'm sick today and can't work out. Should I still eat at a surplus even if I haven't lifted since Friday?

I need to hear about some cheap bulking foods

How do you deal with this shit, it's starting to hurt while doing exrecises

Reposting here
Due to circumstances I won't be able to eat at a surplus for like 2 days. (Bulking currently).
Will it fuck with my gains?

Pumice stone in the shower

No
Yes. Your body is burning extra cals when fighting illness

>No
Thanks user

Work on hand grip while exercising, usually caused by poor form and grip

What's more important for a former fatty?

Getting lean with little muscle, or staying chubby with lots of muscle?

I always figured my gf to be attractive in the face.

I'm not gonna post a picture before you ask

She has a instagram, with 2.8k followers, she posts the average feel good quotes and pictures of body (in clothing). But she posted on picture of her face and the followers have been plummeting.

How do I handle this? I thought she was attractive but damn, I don't think I can be with her if this happens at the sight of her face

Kys

Getting lean. What little muscle you might have will stay put as long as you lift and eat right

is 22 too old to be banging/dating 18-year-old girls?

you're never too old to be banging 18 year old girls

Hey, new to Veeky Forums. I started an 80/20 Paleo Diet last week, weighed in today 5 lbs lighter already. Today I started a light strength training routine, I'm just trying to build up a base at home so I have the confidence to actually go to the gym in September when I get the rest of my student loans and can afford it. I had a few questions though.

1.I'm 6'1 and I'm seeing all these guys on here who are only 180 lbs, but even in high school when I was a pillhead skelly I was like 190. I have really broad shoulders so should that factor into my weight goals? I feel like I'd look really lean at 200, I'm 231 right now and just chubby, not hugely fat.

2. Are tic-tacs acceptable on an intermittent fast, or should I just get a pack of gum?

3. Am I gonna make it bros?

How do I achieve Bateman body

(your age)/2 + 7

Im 28 and bang 18 year olds. Don't fall for the roastie shaming meme son

How are you supposed to remove the plates when deadlifting/ other exercises where the bar is on the floor?
It's fine when there is at least 1 plate on each side of the bar, but then it starts to tilt downwards and then you have to lift the barbell with one hand to be parallel to the floor whilst simultaneously using the other hand to take off the plate and it is really awkward and lengthy.

Put a 10 plate on the floor on both sides. Roll the sides up on to the plate and then pull the outer plates off, which should be off the ground

workout a bit and get lean

Thanks user, I was worried that I was looking really retarded struggling to get a 45 off the barbell

Assuming I've understood you, you've already taken the plates off of one side, just lift the side of the bar you already stripped of plates.
Do so till the bar is vertical. Plates should slide to the end, and lie flat on the floor.
Lift the bar out of the neat stack.
Rest is ez.

I recently started doing a push/pull/legs routine. If I'm doing, let's say, back and bi's, and I'm doing 2 exercises for each muscle group. is it better to do back, bis, back, bis, or back back bis bis?

Want to start going to a gym as soon as possible, but can't right now due to paying for a car and an expensive dentist, so I made up a daily exercise routine
>30min cardio on a bike
>1x25 abdominals
>1x35 situps
>2x10 leg raises
>2x16 pushups
>2x12 tricpes dips on chair
>75 second plank
Been doing this for a month, it takes around an hour, feel really better, my legs and chest pain stopped. Anything I should improve on? Height: 176 cm, weight: 75kg and around 20% BF according to fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
Anyway, anything I should improve on? Any exercise I should eliminate or include?
>inb4 manlet

At what age should my 10 yr old son start lifting? He is very motivated and eager to get started but I've heard it can hurt them in the long run if started too early.

I'm doing SS and I want to add ancillary exercises. I already do chin-ups at the end of my main lifts, but I want to more. I'm thinking this:

Workout A
SS lifts+Chin-up & Dips

Workout B
SS lifts+Planks & Ab roller

Would that be a good routine, or am I not working those targeted muscles enough? If I had to choose, Biceps and core are most important to me.

I guess he could start at any time, just don't do squats deadlifts, or any lifts that involve holding heavy weight parallel to the spine. But, imo he shouldn't lift for another 5-6 years. Until then just have him do bodyweight shit.

Am I wasting my time by doing isolation lifts like curls, lateral raises, skullcrushers, etc while I'm on a high caloric deficit? I am more or less a n00b and have lost 20 lbs in the last few months, have 15-20 more to go. I am focusing on compound lifts, but I started adding some accessories lately but I am just feeling really sore and beat up for a couple days after my workouts now. Should I just focus on compounds and add the accessories once I'm ready to bulk since I'm probably not putting on any real muscle mass?

My workouts can easily go up to 2, even 2 1/2 hours long. I want to cut that down. I do SS with 1 1/2 minute long rests for warm-ups and 2 minute long rests for worksets. However, Deadlifts I just do sets when my body feels ready, not necessary strict on the timing.

Would it ill-advised to bring the number of warm-up sets I do from 5 to 3?

That's what he does now is bodyweight. He recently started playing full contact football so the urge to get stronger and bigger is intensified. I just don't want to fuck with his bones and joints. Thanks

Can't find any solid information so here I go:

1. I run Darebee's Ironborn program, modified a bit (shoulders/chest/triceps on day 1, biceps and back on day 2, legs and abs on day 3 and cardio on day 4), can I run a ~500kcal surplus on the weightlifting days then a ~kcal deficit on the cardio day? I'm kinda scared of going back to my weight (dropped 20kgs recently)

2. I've been running this program for several months now, after finishing it once I'd re-run it with increased reps (+2 per set) and then by increasing the load by 1kg (then another run with +2 reps and then increase the load and so on). Am I a dumbass?

Stop resting for warm-ups, the only rest you should have is switching the plates. The number of warm-up sets needed depends on how much you're currently lifting, but if you need a lot of warm-ups, you most likely shouldn't be on SS.

Could I do farmers carries 4x/week (MTThF)? Pretty advanced lifter, trying to bring up my traps and forearms, as well as grip strength. Was thinking about varying sets and intensity.

How often should i deload (if at all) and by how much?

Bmi ~24, fat% ~12

I always do 5 warm-up sets based on the SS phone app, which automatically calculates the weights and number of reps for you.

If I'm lifting for strength, should my goal be 1/2/3/4 pl8 or based on strength standards determined by my age, height, and weight?

It's probably not very beneficial to be doing isolation lifts if you're just a noob trying to lose some weight before starting your first bulk. Sure you can do them if you have the time and the energy, but know that it's probably not doing much.
I'm very surprised that your workouts take 2-2 1/2 hours if you're just doing SS. Also, 5, and even 3 sets for warm-ups is unusual. I would just do one warmup with light weight just to get your form down and whatnot, then immediately go into your regular sets without any rest.

Why wouldn't you take into consideration your individual characteristics when determining your goals?

Why would you just aim for arbitrary numbers instead?

5 warmup sets with rest time in between is a great idea if you want to double your time in the gym without actually making any gains. Just do 1 warmup set max.

Why are you asking other people what your own personal goal should be?

>this

That's what happens when you start training. The delusion of looking good begins to dissipate, you get about 6 days of reality before the body dysmorhia sets in and you always see yourself as small and weak. Welcome to /fit

What to do for biceps and triceps imbalances? (I'm weaker on my left side)

If it supposed to be a training day and you aren't recovering from a previous workout, then eat your TDEE. You don't need the surplus calories, except Maybe eat a little more than maintenance to speed up recovering from the illness.
Lifting gloves.
No. You will maintain. Muscle atrophy takes about 2 weeks to occur in athletes who are eating a sufficient amount of calories to maintain their weight. Just don't go under your TDEE.
No. That's perfect.

Now, for my question:
How do I lower my cholesterol? My blood lipids are high according to my bloodwork. I can't eat fish, legumes, or whey because of allergies. Do I just choose leaner cuts of meat?

yes and egg whites

Just power through it or improve your grip. I have them but don't really feel them anymore.

Eating 3 large meals a day bs eating 6 or 5 smaller meals. Is there any real benefit for eating smaller more often?

less bloating and great for bulking

Is it okey to do shrugs with mixed grip if you alternate between sets?

Why would you do this anyway?

What are some silly TV shows I can watch during cardio (on the bike)? Right now I watch the F Word but that's getting old so I'd like to switch it up and find other shows for HIIT days.

grip strength is failing before my traps

Use chalk dude

Haven't even thought about that, thanks man!

My left leg from thigh to calf hurts when i squat
>last friday
>out with friends
>be skeletor 6' 2'' 137lbs
>friend picks me up and drops me on the sidewalk
>hammered so i dont feel the pain
>over the weekend i rest as usual
> try squatting today and feel something wrong with my leg
>only get one pl8 before i have to stop
What do I do? Just lay off squats for the next couple of weeks?

>6'2" 137lbs.
doubt.jpg

I can never get over 185 lbs as a 6/6'1 foot male. should I just eat whatever the fuck to bulk? I am serious, I have taken creatine and eaten peanut butter on everything and the closest I have gotten with a beer belly was 187. I am trying to get to 200. I work out like everyday because I enjoy working out. I want 200 lbs because reasons.

you dont have to be like "calf hurts? no squats for 3 weeks"

just test it out every few days to track improvement. Once it feels healed give it a few more days then start again. Might only take like 5-7 days depending on severity of injury your age and body.

-nursing student

What is the cheapest meat to buy and cook in bulk. Which method of cooking?

How the fuck do I take a good picture without my face in it? I live in an apartment with no overhead lighting, all lamps and three together horizontally above me in my bathroom. I could try the gym, but it's always packed, so I'd have to be quick or sneaky. I think I can see my abs for the first time in my life but only in certain lights and sometimes event distances. My skin is so fucked from being fat but I would love to take a progress pic without my face to post on CBT for advice.

Why full contact football? There's a large number of Division I NCAA football coaches who don't allow hitting on any day except gameday. There's better/safer ways to get kids involved in team sports than CTE Ball imo

Chicken. Find the cheapest type of grocery store that sells in bulk or go to Costco type place and buy their. Google some easy marinade recipes or find premade marinade. You could probably get at least two weeks of chicken for 10-15 bucks, premade marinade for 2 bucks, combine them into a bag for 24 hours. Bake them at 400 for 15 minutes each side then store for the rest of the time. Use for salad, sandwich, meal, etc. Baking spares you the calories you would use for oil.

Easy marinade would just be fresh garlic, paprika, and equal parts honey/srircha, but that's more of a stir fry sauce.

Got a sub for the honey on that? Allergic to it sadly.

I'm a real retard when it comes to cooking. I've got a slow cooker apparently it's the easiest thing there is. Would dropping a bag of chicken in with marinade and sticking it on for a day work? Then just Tupperware it up and freeze it?

Me2. Ordering Mexican food constantly is the only way I know how to do it. More meals is the way to go. Eat some every 1.5 hours, even if it's just some nuts or corn chips. Every little bit matters. We'll get there.

I'm a 5'10 66.2kg hungry veggie skelly here struggling to put on weight. I'm eating around 3000 calories a day and I've only managed to put on 1kg since I started lifting a month ago. I keep meaning to buy a protein powder or bulking powder but just looking for advice/a recipe that would help with eating. All vegetarian shit is so low in calories I'm eating and spending so much money.
>inb4 eat meat
I've been a vegetarian all my life and I have tried eating meat but I guess my microbiota isn't equipped for its digestion now as it makes me sick
>also allergic to nuts and eggs
Should I just give up and kill myself?

Squatting's really painful on my shoulders, and I've already gone for a wide grip.

What should I do to improve shoulder mobility and how quickly does that go?

Should I switch to high-bar in the meantime?

will i get more flexible as i go if im doing pic related? for instance, i know i cant do the flat leg raises. my legs cant go straight that high off the ground. also how long should i be resting between sets?

or is this just a meme?

just wanted something to get started with because going to the gym is not a realistic option for me right now.

Any good bodybuilding smoothie recipes? Someone got me a nutribullet for my birthday and have wanted one for awhile so I want to use the fuck out of it

Currently skelly mode trying to eat a bunch to gain weight and muscle. What should I eat once I've reached my protein goal for the day? Carbs? Fats?

Guys I'm currently doing GZCLP, what should I add as a fourth exercise for each day?

Anything wrong with focusing on pure strength for awhile, just hammering out 3x3 for a couple months to drive your numbers up? 3x3 or 5x3?

Anyone got some good tips for how to get more kcalories in from a low carb diet? Avocados are great but expensive

Lifting from a young age may increase bone density and could also actually lead to him being taller. Just don't have him do any back squats or deadlifts like the other user said. I'd suggest teaching him power cleans and having him start benching now, as well as maybe front squats and lunges. Start as light as possible and have him go for volume; save going heavy for when he's older and will benefit more from it

>what are oats

When will summer finally end

Same. Eat as many carbs as possible. I made the mistake to eat a lot of proteins and avoid carbs. but this is for fat guys only. Try it, you'll see its hard to get fat with carbs when you are a skelly. Of course I eat clean carbs, potatoes rice pasta, pancakes, bread. If you go for McDonald's carbs, then you should look out for fat forming on your belly.

Something that makes me not want to kill myself every single day

So I have been wondering since I'm a noob in the matter, if I wanna get big but with abs, while staying natty, what would be the process, you bulk for a long time and then cut or you bulk for a little and then cut and bulk again, rinse and repeat?

>inb4 lmao natty

Oats, pasta, and brown rice are all so cheap they may as well be free. Learn to season

I hate carbs, can't stand them, what do

Just do oats and resist the urge like the rest of us

You just continue till the nerves die and you can't feel shit anymore

Doing a thousand pushups a day for 80 days will make you a champion weight-lifter rather than lifting weights but people today are too fucking lazy and un-scientific to learn the motivation to do 1,000 pushups a day for 80 days.

1 banana (~150g)
1 pear (~200g)
1 avocado (~175g)
3 cooked baby beets (~150g)
100g salad mix leaves (chard, rucola, kale, spinach, etc)
6 tbsp ground flaxseed
500-600ml orange juice

Not particularly made for building, its' just my daily recipe that's tasty and cheap where I live. I replace pear with other fruit sometimes (mango, nectarine, whatever). It makes four 300ml cups, each with approx 250 kcal, 10g fat (from avo), 8g fiber and 5g protein. Don't be tempted to add muscle milk or whatever, it makes it taste like shit and thickens it to shit consistence.

I haven't lifted seriously since I left high school over two years ago. Today was my first day of lifting since then. How long should it take to get my lifts up close to what they were at before?
When I left high school my lifts were: bench 250lbs, squat 420lbs, deadlift 455lbs.

Also I'm a 6"2 235lb fatty at the moment.

Is alternating 5 days of hard cutting (~1 thousand calories a day) and 2 days of normal eating going to kill me? I don't have much muscle as I'm new to lifting.

PLS HELP

All carb sources I eat are gud shit like broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and tomatoes

How do I get in more kcalories without eating starches

>How do I get in more kcalories without eating starches
eat starches

Yeah don't listen to the retards here that say lifting might make him taller.

If you start lifting during your growth spurt big chance you'll end up fucked up.

You can start using light!!!!! weights at around 14 but do this more as a way to learn proper form and not actual routine

Using own bodyweight is the best way to go at a young age.

So in short i'd reccomend light!!! weights and focus on form, not on weight.
Own bodyweight is perfect, and make sure the kid stretches properly, it's a lifesaver once he gets older

I don't wanna

As long as it takes. It's not a race, just go at your own pace and focus on not injuring yourself for life.

steel cut oats learn to make them as a sort of side carb like rice. Add stock some rosemary little thyme salt, pepper butter you know the usual fixings. Sweet potatoes are pretty good glucose index wise. Red and Yellow potatoes are not as good but better than normal potatoes. Basmati rice is probably the best GI rice. Honestly though no one besides professionals NEEDS to bulk unless they're plateauing. Even then fixing their sleep/rest habits would probably do more for them. You'll be happier and better just eating food that matches your macros.

cry more

You can do a lean bulk, only 200 - 400 kcal over the TDEE each day. Bulking allows you to increase your lift at a faster rate but that also comes with a bf% increase.

You might plateau more often but you should be able to stay fairy close to your goal bf% where your abs are visible.

I got a lifting belt (4") and when I tried it on it kind of dug into my ribs
Is it supposed to do this, or will I snap something up if I try to deadlift with it?
Also, how tight should belts be?

What's a good, complete all-rounder bento I could make that's good for gains and isn't liable to leak oil or sauce or anything out into my bag?

Going back to Uni and I don't want to eat the overpriced trash food in the canteen.

Thanks for the recipe, gunna try that one out tomorrow