Which sport should I play if I want to get in the best physical shape possible?

Which sport should I play if I want to get in the best physical shape possible?

>inb4 some fat fuck says powerlifting. Lifting weights isn't a sport.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-SY0F6Kkg0
youtube.com/watch?v=mGjsIkhyOcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boxing or mma

As a means of cutting down on bf%, cycling is GOAT. It is an endurance sports that doesn't place strain on your joints.

Darts.

American football if you want to be as strong as possible. Rugby is gay as fuck btw. Don't try it.

This statement is false

Why all Americans say rugby is gay? Have you actually seen any rugby game? It's way more rough than American football, there's less protection and it's more dynamic.

I went to darts final one time in a place called Lakeside in the uk. Was pretty much one big booze up full of old cunts and slags, was pretty fun tbf

There's nothing false about that statement. You're probably just a jealous brit that can't handle your sport being shit.

Fuck off yank

No u

>American Football

>Football
>Foot
>Ball

>Rugby with less rules

>Rugby is gay

people actually died in american football before pads became mandatory

Hockey, Rugby, Football (Assuming you play a backfield position) Box Lacrosse and combat sports all require a high degree of all around physical fitness, including strength, stamina, explosiveness, etc.

I played Rugby alongside football in high school. It is in no way more rough than American football. Getting smashed by someone wearing full armor every play hurts way more than the wrap and fall style tackling you get with rugby. The fact that rugby players aren't wearing padding means they have to go a lot easier when they're hitting or being physical. Scrums can be brutal though.

I also don't think its gay, or anything, its certainly a tough sport, but every single Euro or Aussie who comes over here has a hate boner for football, whenever it comes on or is brought up they can't help but shit on it and say its for pussies, so that could be where the animosity comes from.

What do you expect with a load of niggas running around.

this was before niggers were common. people still get seriously injured, even with full padding.

>>inb4 some fat fuck says powerlifting. Lifting weights isn't a sport.
It technically is, though.

Hits in American football have been calculated to be 3x harder than rugby hits.

So if you want to play a pussy sport, rugby. If you want to play a sport for actual athletes, football.

Yes, an inappropriately named "sport" that happens to be a variation of Rugby is better than all others.

Now where did I put those almonds....

>weak americans die to a fucking GAME
lmao

Lol, rugby isn't a pussy sport. American football is a load of guys running around with shoulder pads and helmets on.

And "Rugby football" is a variation of soccer that is also inappropriately named, so i'm not sure what you're memeing at.

>american football is LITERALLY statistically and scientifically proven to be tougher than rugby
brits and aussies BTFO

>inappropriately named "sport"
Yup. Maybe soccer should be the sport called "handegg".

Are you retarded?

'rugby football' is the official name of rugby

'association football' - soccor
'gr*diron football' - American ftb

A sport for actual athletes that can run for 10 seconds before stopping to give time for yet an other advertisement?
It's a completely different way to think about sports, a team sport should have a more fluid action.

>Hits in American football have been calculated to be 3x harder than rugby hits
Maybe because you would die after three hits without gear?

That's why football players wear gear, retard. Since the hits are so brutal compared to rugby "hits", there would be a death every single game if they weren't worn. Don't have to worry about protection in rugby since the hits aren't that bad there anyways.

>cherry picking this hard
Kys

Because in rugby you take more constant build up trauma. It's less strength and more endurance anyway. You don't have a group of guys fresh off the bench every 10 minutes for another round of defense like football.

Also rugby tackles are actually fucking tackles and not running into each other full speed with your head down.

just your balls

Bodyweight exercises and Jump rope.

Enjoy your brain damage. Boxing is less dangerous for your brains than american football. Let that sink in.
>inb4 some fat fuck says powerlifting. Lifting weights isn't a sport.
Hahahaha, no. It is a sport. Same with oly lifting and other shit. Sport doesnt have to be a team game like football.

If you want an actual answer, none. All sports promote abilities and skills specific to them. If your goal is to just be healthy and look good and be strong, lift some fucking weights and do your cardio. If you want a sport, go fuck around and find what you enjoy personally the most and stick to it and enjoy and work on it. After all, enjoyment is key.

They are all called Football
Association, Rugby, American, Canadian, Australian, Gaelic
ball games played on foot

>a team sport should have a more fluid action.
lmao what the fuck does this even mean, you reset for a fresh round of fluid action every few seconds like what the fuck are you even talking about

He's retarted. Just ignore him, the brian damage he got from playing rugby over the years is starting to get to him

>getting braindamaged by playing american football is somehow manly
nice one

This is Sonny Bill Williams. He played professional rugby for New Zealand for many years, before recently switching to Boxing. I assume this is the physique OP would be after?

Having played both American Football and Rugby, and watched both extensively, AF players may have the in-gym strength and size gained from lifting for ages but R players seem to be more holistically fit and able to be big, functional, gr8 cardio, and imo tend to be more aesthetically admirable. Hence, no pads, no helmets, no stopping every 0.3 seconds; Rugby demands much more physically.

only at the college level and above does football become vicious enough to cause head trauma and only a fraction of a fraction of the population is capable of playing the game at such levels. The players aren't big or fast
or strong enough in little league and high school to cause the kind of damage you see in the nfl and college, they're still just boys

I was literally in a gay bar last weekend and they had rugby playing on the screens

Rugby is super fucking gay. It's huge with the fags here in NYC

Why is he wearing a sports bra?

that's just pathetic

>man wearing a bra
>manly
Lel. In your dreams retard

Soccer, playing a pickup game shirtless in any public park makes getting qt phone numbers ez mode

Have you ever seen a real egg before?

Bait

Because he identifies as a woman, don't assume gender faggot.
On a serious note (as the guy who posted this) idk why he's wearing it. I can only assume its some training thing, I just chose this picture so you can see him in and kinda out of clothes.
Point of OP's post was what a BODY looks like. DOn't let your insecurities undermine the fact that this guy is stacked

Do you think people that are in sports don't lift weights? Kek

Is this what American perfection looks like?

Yeah, high school football isnt nearly as vicious as college footbal.
The thing is, it doesnt have much to do with how strong athletes are, its just the protective equipment. Joe rogan explained it the best
youtube.com/watch?v=u-SY0F6Kkg0
No gear can save you from concussions. In fact, it only makes it more likely. And if i have to choose between fucking up my bones and joints and fucking up my brain, i would rather fuck up my bones.

I guarantee you he can run a faster 40 than you.

it's scary how fast these big boys in the nfl are

He's still 100x the athlete you are, fag

some sort of martial arts

wrestling

>the brian damage
Poor Brian.
Every few seconds, the game stops and resets, that's the very definition of choppy action.
It's a matter of taste, but this side of the Atlantic most people prefer to watch and play sports with longer actions, in some popular sports the game doesn't even reset after a turnover!

>to watch and play sports with longer actions
I think you mean no actions ayy lmao

help me

These sports are just not quite cricket.

They lift weights to help them perform better in the sport they play, but solely lifting weights definitely isn't a sport.

Because he's a phaggot

yuros btfo

>I was literally in a gay bar
>but you're the real fag

>a rugby fag unironically claims team sports should have more "fluid action"
I bet you blow all your teammates after practice too

>definenetly
De-finite-ly
Definitely

Hey man I top only as far as I'm concerned I'm like extra heterosexual I dominate other men on the reg just like the Romans did

difinitly

Join a wrestling club or walk on for your local college. Wrestlers are complete athletes; explosive and strong, but also have good cardio. Unlike other sporrs much more bodytypes can find success in the sport.you'll get a great physique and learn how to fucking throw people, without the drain bamage of mma weeb faggots.

Alright fair, fair

Wrestling seems hard to find in western europe

You aren't looking hard enough. World Championships started today, Euro teams dominating. Germany, Hungary, Serbia and Eastern Europe all have medalists. Look for Greco clubs, it is more popular than freestyle in Europe.

As much as I hate him, this guy is truly a beast.
Made two tackles while semi-conscious in yesterday's game against Australia
youtube.com/watch?v=mGjsIkhyOcs

Grappling if you're T-rex mode.