How long for a noob to hit 1/2/3/4, Veeky Forums...

How long for a noob to hit 1/2/3/4, Veeky Forums? I've heard wildly different accounts ranging from 3 months to 6 months.

Let's assume no roids, but diet and training is on point.

if his diet and training are on point it will take a few months, where the exact number is determined by his talent. most people don't have their diet and training on point and spin their wheels for months/years without hitting 1/2/3/4.

It depends where you start from. It will take longer for a skelly to hit that compared to a lardass

there's not really that much of a difference. a skelly can hit normal weight quickly if he eats enough.

Is it possible to make the same gainz on keto assuming lots of fat and protein?

no, high intensity exercise needs carbs for optimal performance. you can lift on keto and make gains, but not the "same gainz". you'll get the same fat loss with better gainz and less hassle if you eat a normal, calorie restricted diet.

Those are my one rep maxes after about 1.5 years. I could've got there faster if I actually followed a proper routine instead of just fucking around in the gym, and if I ate more. An average person can definitely get there in a year if they try hard. 3-6 months would be very fast and you would need to have an athletic background. If you're a skinnyfat dyel forget about it.

Also remember that most average gym goers don't get near those numbers in their lifetime and it's very possible that you won't either.

You should be at that point before even entering the gym

I thought it was the opposite because starting fat means you have to cut first or get even fatter.

you're right. people overestimate how strong normal fatties are. I mean, fat powerlifters are really strong because they lifted while gaining all that weight and ended up with a ton of muscle mass under the fat. fat sedentary people only have a little bit more muscle mass than fat skinny people, and it's not hard for a skinny beginner to bulk up to a good body weight. if you start out as obese then you start out a little bit stronger, but you can't bulk like the skinny guy

> a few months

there are so many variables that go into a supposed "1234"

as long as we assume we're talking about a young male (say 18-35) without any significant handicaps or conditions then we have a very good idea of how quickly he can reach 1/2/3/4. the two other major variables (training and diet) are already assumed to be on point.

you're so delusional

>a young male (say 18-35) without any significant handicaps or conditions then we have a very good idea of how quickly he can reach 1/2/3/4
No you don't lol. He could be a total skeleton, he could have injuries that hold him back, he could have low t, he could have super long arms that make it hard to bench etc.

This. Veeky Forums usually inflates what a "normal" person achieves, 1/2/3/4 is probably above normie standards.

>a total skeleton
easily fixed with food

>he could have injuries that hold him back
that's a significant handicap, and
>he could have low t
that's a medical condition. I already said we should assume we rule people like that out.

>he could have super long arms that make it hard to bench
nah, that's not a a big factor here. we're talking about hitting a mediocre strength goal, not winning a championship. you're trying to come up with extreme cases while I'm saying that for the vast majority of young guys we know how quickly you can hit 1/2/3/4, because a huge number of young guys have hit 1/2/3/4.

are you going to go by some dumbass on Veeky Forums, a place known for its great advice, or a legimate website that uses real life examples and studies to measure relative strength?

>intermediate: The lifter has been consistently training, likely for at least a year. The majority of those who go to the gym regularly fall into this category. Strength score 60.

key word. "at least" with everything on point, not even "1234"

the premise of this thread is that the person has a great diet and routine, though. the reason "normal" people don't achieve shit is that they have neither a good diet nor a good routine.

>legimate website that uses real life examples and studies to measure relative strength
I think you're vastly overestimating that website

3 months? Yea if you're 6"8 and on gear maybe.

I don't know why people care so much about 1/2/3/4. I've seen plenty of people who made it and they probably haven't reached it yet. Or vice versa.

People have different goals, some lift for aesthetics others like you for numbers. If you're tall, those number won't mean shit because you'll still look dyel.

Is one plate 20kg?

If so I might make it in a year maybe or is the meme true that newbies make fast gains and then stall?

whatever helps you sleep at night pal, it uses real power lifting numbers and the average of the most popular/used strength standards.

a plate weighs 20kg yeah
1pl8 is one 20kg plate on each side of a 20kg bar, so 60kg in total

>If you're a skinnyfat dyel forget about it.
Why?

I mean forget about getting there in 3-6 months. skinnyfats have no muscle and it will take longer.

Thanks, does 1234 refer to one rep maxes or 5x5 maxes

Oh, OK I definitely get that. I agree then.

I think it's one rep max

It depends on a variety of factors. If you start from the bar and add 2.5kg ish to upper body lifts and 5-10kg to lower body lifts every week, it'll take around ~26 weeks (assuming a few stalls) which is about 6 months
It truly does depend, though. Most people won't bulk consistently for 6 months straight so chances are they won't hit 1/2/3/4 until a year, maybe 2

Starting fat was a disaster, had the strength of a Holocaust victim and couldn't bulk. Lifted on a cut for months only to make minimal gains.

>tfw started lifting as an anorexia & cardio fag so strength had the worst starting point possible