What job does Veeky Forums have? I always assume you guys are office slaves...

What job does Veeky Forums have? I always assume you guys are office slaves...im a welder but what we do is basically iron working. I burn calories and lift heavy shit at work wbu?

maybe you should stick to your brainlet wageslave job because you can't even turn a picture the right way.

Was in IT for 10+ years. Switched to blue collar work in June. Lost 30lbs of fat. Best decision ever

I deliver food/truck driver

Are you in Australia?

Information security analyst for 6 years
>office slaves
you can keep your 40k while I make 6 figures

Is information security as boring as it looks? I work in banking infrastructure (mainframe) and the security team just perform audit work all day. It's so dire they literally can't pay people enough to join/stay

Not OP, but it's not too bad. It's kind of tedious, but it depends on what exactly you do. I was on the vulnerability management team, so most of my job was organizing vulnerabilities, keeping up to date with new ones, generating metrics for the higher ups, etc. My favorite part was scripting, but I enjoy programming so.

The most interesting job in my opinion was the pen testing (AKA white hat). Their job is literally to try to hack into our systems every which way and 'steal' as much information as they can before someone notices. It helps identify issues with our security so we can patch them up.

There's plenty of other positions too. Architecture, engineering, incident response, etc.

It's not a bad field to get into. You learn a ton about how networks work and how you can secure your own personal devices as well. The money is not as good as other CS careers, but it's still a hell of a lot better than most jobs.

Oh you know, I won't go into too much detail about my profession...

As for me, I'm in software development. I do consulting for different companies to help them build projects/applications and make bank. It is a lot of headaches and work, though.

Data analysis and freelance software dev

I'm an aircraft engineer in the royal navy (rotary).
I drink a lot of tea.
At sea, If the embarked 'flight' isn't flying, we sit around doing fuck all, preferably on the aft flight deck on a chair in the sun with a cup of tea, which makes everyone else onboard bitter that they picked the wrong branch to join.
Everyone calls us WAFU (Wet and fucking useless).
If your aircraft is doings OPs, it can get quite hectic with a fair bit of manual labour.

I'm a mover.

I carry furniture up and down stairs 6-14 hours a day.

I just accepted a promotion to Trainmaster.

Not as much time to shit post with you fine gents anymore.

Fellow iron worker here, no welding for me though. Reinforcing is where all the gains are at. 5,000 tons of steel, 1 rod is 300 lbs, and the crane doesnt do all the heavy lifting for us

I'm an engineer engineer, I design all kinds of engineers.

safety glass factory, i started carrying huge pieces of glass arround and it was awesome, now its basically a desk job

Nope, Canada me bro. Why do us ask?

also, got to have a look around the new aircraft carrier last week, it's got 6 gyms onboard, and one of them's a dedicated free weights gym.

I'm 21 years old fag. I'm making 25 bucks a hour and working 11 hour days.

It's not permanent tho, not gonna get into the details of my life but I wanna get out eventually.

Management consultant

grad engineer, met 4 other engineers since I started (small site, part of a multinational though) and they all clearly lifted too

I thought all engineers were supposed to be autistic skinnyfats

Yes it does. The only lifting Iron Workers do is dragging around their toolbelt. Other than that they're weak as fuck.

For that matter, no job actually helps with gains. Any manual labor job you do only helps with muscle fatigue and noob gains. Once you start lifting, it only steals your gains. My first year of work I gained 20 pounds. Now all I do is lose weight and strength when I go to work. And all I do at work is lift, build, climb, shovel, and be on my feet for 12-16 hours a day. I might be able to swing a hammer for hours any day, but I can't bulk for more than 3-5 days before I have to go back to work.

The only real useful jobs in addition to lifting lifting would be for your forearms. Brick laying, mechanic, etc. Any full body job will rob you of your gains if it is actually hard. Most construction jobs are only good for noob gains or have you become lazy sacks of shit. Iron working is good for your legs and never being scared of heights again. Shoveling is useless for gains and most jobs that heavily focus on shoveling are very lazy believe it or not. A cushy do nothing job is the best thing you can do for lifting, everything else gets in the way.

At least with forearm gains you won't lose them over time. Brick laying/mechanic along with office jobs are best for gains.