Is Gatorade good for you or not...

Is Gatorade good for you or not? I keep getting mixed messages and I wanna know if I should keep drinking this shit or not

It's fine if youre very active but it's not "good" for you unless you're an Olympic althete in terms of routine

That makes no fucking sense but okie dokie

He's right though. Gatorade is basically just super sugary water with a decent amount of sodium and potassium chucked into it, plus coloring and flavoring. That sugar, sodium, and potassium is really good for performance when you drink while you're actually performing an athletic activity, but outside of athletic activity, you want to be getting sugar from whole grains and fruits, and getting sodium and potassium from other real food like bananas.

Good for cardio
Not really good for anything else

I like to water it down and drink it after a 5 mile run or an 8 mile run, that or pedialyte which is disgusting but helps me recover fast

So drinking it all day long would be a bad idea? I am getting over a serious drinking problem and have read that drinking some Gatorade helps a lot. But basically it's good to drink it post workout?

Depends on the intensity of workout, its got a boatload of Sodium and Potassium to replace those typically lost in sweat during intense exercise.
If you're barely breaking sweat then I think you'd be better off taking water/portein shake post workout

>Not really good for anything else
I've worked/still work in 100 degree+ weather in roofing here in Texas, drinking 10+ water bottles in the day easily without needing to take a piss and yes Gatorade is absolutely necessary to recover from days like this.

If you're drinking a lot of it right now to help you get over a drinking problem, I would say don't worry about it too much at the moment. Chugging gatorade all day, while not ideal, is a hell of a lot less harmfull to you then guzzling booze all day. Just try to lower how much gatorade you're drinking outside of physical activity over time. Also, exercising a lot right now will probably help a lot in keeping you from relapsing while also somewhat justifying the copious amounts of gatorade you're drinking.

>Good for you
>56 grams of sugar
Choose one

Ok, when I wrote the last sentence of this I for some reason assumed you were already drinking copious amounts of gatorade to help your drinking problem. So let me rephrase: if you start drinking a ton of gatorade to help you stay stable, try to exercise a lot too, and then try to lower your gatorade intake over time so that you're only drinking gatorade while you're exercising.

You can get a bottle of electrolytes to add to your water that has zero sugar or calories. Gatorade is useless.

>Drinking calories

OP kys.

ELECTROLYTES FOR ADVANCE HYDRATION THIRTST

>caring about 56 grams of sugar

lmao fatty, still haven't finished that cut yet huh?

i wish gatorade was good for you cause it's the best tasting shit in the world. gatorade is a bigger vice for me than any dessert or meal

artificial coloring and flavors are obviously horrible for you. also corn syrup is shit and made in a lab.

as someone who had a serious drinking problem (handle a day on average) i learned to make my own electrolyte drink that's way better than gatorade: juice from a lime or lemon, 3g potassium salt, 3g fine pink himalayan salt mixed with 32 oz of water. if you want something you can just buy, get pedialyte instead of gatorade.

if you continue to struggle with sobriety look into the drug naltrexone, there's a documentary called 'one little pill' that's worth watching

Drink it during not after you will be able to go harder for longer. Also get the powder and mix a smaller amount of it in instead of watering down the premixed one.

Right except there is no corn syrup in Gatorade you idiot

I drink the zero calorie ones to prevent hangovers.

You know the zero cals is specifically marketed for fags right?

Eat a cucumber with some salt instead. You'll get more electrolytes and it replenishes water better.