Give me 1 (one) good reason why I shouldn't go vegetarian for health/longevity reasons. Being vegetarian is objectively...

Give me 1 (one) good reason why I shouldn't go vegetarian for health/longevity reasons. Being vegetarian is objectively, measurably healthier than eating meat, especially red meat.

I don't care about gainz, getting swole or any of that meathead shit so if your argument is something along those lines, don't bother.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23836264
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

[citation needed]

Easy.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23836264

Well OP, I've been on a vegetarian diet for a couple months now, still making gains and feel really well. You should try it out yourself because it is a big commitment.

I can tell you though, the first weeks you should eat meat atleast once per week. Later on once every two weeks and so on. Don't go cold turkey.

>Being vegetarian is objectively, measurably healthier than eating meat, especially red meat.
This is objectively, measurably false. You need to understand that fish is meat too and healthy as fuck. Eating meat doesn't mean you eat mcdonalds and bacon every day

There are various groups of people on this earth of ours who live long and healthy. Usually they live in very primitive conditions. Some of them have a high carb diets, some of them high fat diets, some of them completely vegetarian, some a mix, some of them eat nothing but whole animals I kid you not. Do you know what's that one thing that all of them have in common? They all eat fresh from nature. Take it as you will

>Abstract. IMPORTANCE: Some evidence suggests vegetarian dietary patterns may be associated with reduced mortality, but the relationship is not well established.

What did he mean by this?

The abstract states the importance of the research and why the research is necessary or interesting.

Do you even reading comprehension? Do you even science?

This is true, I try to have at least some type of fish/seafood every here and there.

I've just completely cut off red meat/chicken from my diet.

>average vegetarian understand the basics of nutrition and watches what he eats because diet is important to him, obviously
>average meat-eater eats fastfood, is obese and most of his meals are processed shit, doesn't know shit about nutrition
This is why these studies are pure horse-shit and tell nothing

Being fat and sedentary makes you unhealthy. If you're not fat or sedentary, and you keep your shits regular, it don't fucking matter what you eat

Do you really think longitudinal studies of that magnitude can't control for weight? Brainlet.

>controlling for important demographic and lifestyle confounders.

Pesco vegetarianism is the final redpill.

They actually can't really. Usually they do BMI brackets which only help a little, but even BMI matched pairs can't fix that because veganism is so highly correlated with low body fat, on average non-vegans will have more fat than vegans on average.

>controlling for important demographic and lifestyle confounders.
You're retarded, all it means they controlled that they stayed in their group (i.e a vegetarian wouldn't eat meat). It didn't control what quality of meat people eat. It just described prospective cohort study

Link me ONE study that even hints that fish is bad for you. Or chicken for that matter. I'll wait

>I don't understand what a confounder is

honestly, vegan/vegetarian is just healthier. The other day I looked up the health guidelines from all the major health organizations I could think of, from different countries, and they all recommended to eat what is essentially a plant based diet. They are also shown to be optimal for preventing heart disease. See WHO healthy eating guidelines or the harvard ones, for 2 examples.

Also, blue zones which are the longest living populations. Their diets are mostly plant based, getting most of their calories from stuff like legumes.

That's because health organizations exist for the sake of improving public health, IE, fucking normies, who can't be trusted to eat meat or dairy without getting fat

It's expensive and will ruin your sexual performance.

What's wrong with chicken?

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums is in a position to care about sexual performance

I never understood why people say its expensive. You can get the bulk of your calories from simple things like rice and beans which are super cheap, and have veggies on the side (like an omni). Meat is the expensive thing when I do my groceries.

the sex drive thing is just a meme

Thanks for typing this out because I was about to.

>I don't care about gainz, getting swole or any of that meathead shit so if your argument is something along those lines, don't bother.

>/fitness/

fuck off my board normie. Also vegetarianism should just be chosen because of moral gains

>goes to the gym and probably asks chad to spot his bench instead of running and doing only cardio like a patrician
>calls other people normies
really activated those almonds

Grains and beans are obviously the best dietary centerpieces regardless of whether you are vegan or not. But for meeting protein requirements, chicken breast is as cheap, more convinient, and at least marginally more pallatable then a metric fuckload of beans and chick peas. I mean yeah, preserved meats or good beef cuts are expensive, but so are exotic fruits and vegetables used to make vegan diets more enjoyable and varried

it's a meme you dip