ITT Veeky Forums advice we regret listening to

>You need a strength base so you can become aesthetic! I suggest stronglifts or starting strength :)!
THIS. IS. A. LIE. If you want to focus on bigger muscles, just do PPL.

Other urls found in this thread:

ditillo2.blogspot.com/2009/01/full-body-workouts-cs-sloan.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post body

>1×5 deadlifts is enough
What a meme. Maybe if you're in the first phase and you DL every day.
Once you're down to deadlifting every other day, you better do some load drop sets to increase your volume and time spent on your deadlift setup and technique

im doing nsuns 5/3/1. is this a meme? ;(. My lifts are going up but i just wanna be A E S T H E T I C

>PPL

Good stuff, but eventually you should just combine P(ush)P(ull)

ULUL
U = upper body 50 mins - 1hr 10 mins
L = lower body, around 30-40 minutes for workout

What I'm doing currently and it's working great

post body you retarded cunt

PPL is superior as it fits in better with most people's schedules and because missing individual workouts isn't as big a deal

> /fitlit/
Now I just feel dumb for not understanding the books I'm reading

>Not doing PPL that implements strength based compounds + hypertrophy based isolation for dat der narcissistic pump.

>PPL is superior as it fits in better with most people's schedules

fucking how? PPL for natural lifters is dogshit
with PPL you have two options which are both utter shit:

>Lift 3 days a week Push/Pull/Legs/Rest/Rest
You're only hitting each muscle group once a week. 4 times a fucking month. We already know protein synthesis only lasts 48 hours so you're missing out on a shit load of gains. You're shortchanging your frequency hear by a long shot. With full body you can hit each muscle group 3 times a week.

> Lift 6 days a week P/P/L/P/P/L
so now you're hitting each group twice a week, still less than fullbody, and on top of that you're going to the gym SIX DAYS A FUCKING WEEK. How does that fit with a schedule better than full body 3x a week exactly? Theres no reason why a natural lifter should be in the gym 6 days a week. 6 days a week of back to back lifting will fry your CNS and your joints. Literally retarded as a natural.

good luck building bigger muscles with a sub-2pl8 bench.

Well idk about that. As a beginner I started with SS, then I did SL. I got failry strong for my weight (I was almost Auschwitz tier). I also learned proper lifting form and gained a lot of knowledge about lifting in general, nutrition and about my body. I'm currently on a split since I now know which lifts work for me and what I'm supposed to be focusing on.

Not everyone should do strenght straight from the start, but it definitely doesn't hurt. Do it for the knowledge, you'll learn a lot.

I usually do 135x5, 225x5, 315x2, 365x1, 405x1, and then go for 1-3rep max weight followed by a 5 rep set dropped and I'm fucking done and can't even rep 315 without it feeling like 450

>PPL is better than a 3 day full body or a 4 day UL or 4 day full body

If you want big muscles, just get strong and cut once you've gained a solid 20-30 pounds. If you're obese to start, cut first.

>THIS. IS. A. LIE. If you want to focus on bigger muscles, just do PPL.

Do the Marvin Eder routine here:

ditillo2.blogspot.com/2009/01/full-body-workouts-cs-sloan.html

Eder Clean and Pressed over 3 plates and benched over 500;b at 200lbs bw, pre-steroids

You can lift 6 days a week natty. Eat more, sleep more, or stop having low test.

I was planning on graduating from SS to Coolcicada's PPL in October after hearing a lot of people on Veeky Forums make good progress on them and I've seen the name get thrown around a bit. Is PPL a meme now, or should I still try to give it a couple months to see if I can do it?

No one gives a fuck about strength, everyone comes here for the gains and the hivemind tries to trick them into falling for the same shit they fell for when they first came here.

It's like a shitty stockholm syndrom + vicious cycle

CC is pretty good. Key to finding a good intermediate routine is to stick with it. Find something you like and keep doing it.

Im doing this. Not a meme. But tweaked more for strength than aesthetics. Choose accessories wisely and it is good for both

Cool, thanks.

If you're ever gonna do deadlifts make sure your form is on point.
I fuckin stalled for a month because I wouldn't drop my ego and stalled at sub2lmaopl8
Now my squat is almost at 3 plate but my 1rm deadlift is barely 2plate

I mean,,, I'd say 5x5 with great accesory work it's also going to give you that great aesthetic look plus strength benefits

>not doing 4 day m/w/f/s fullbody

hahahahahaha

Post traps

>so now you're hitting each group twice a week, still less than fullbody, and on top of that you're going to the gym SIX DAYS A FUCKING WEEK. How does that fit with a schedule better than full body 3x a week exactly?
because I have a day job? I work until 5 or 6 most days, working out after that isn't a big deal, working out for 2+ hours after that is kind of a pain in the ass.
>Theres no reason why a natural lifter should be in the gym 6 days a week. 6 days a week of back to back lifting will fry your CNS and your joints.
That's fucking retarded. You avoid overtraining by just not doing too much volume. How many intervals you split the volume into doesn't fucking matter.

love u boardie

Those aren't the kind of traps I'm looking for, boy

This dudes cow lick is really hitting to close to home for me, I have no idea how to deal with it besides getting my hair cut really short

Nah you don't understand man, him sleeping like shit and eating trash has nothing to do with not being able to do 6 days a week!!! It's just too much for a natty lifter! Never do PPLPPL, I tried it once and my CNS was dead after a week, I couldn't even move. pic related

Leg training is a meme, just make one exercise on push and one on pull and here you go - 4 days a week, everything is hit twice a week and you can have one badass two-day rest.

Are you fucking retarded ? You can still have a 1.5 frequency by cycling your training ;
>Week 1
Push Pull X Legs X Push X
>Week 2
Pull Legs X Push Pull X X

So yeah it fits better in a schedule if you aren't retarded. Moreover you don't have to overthink about resting and muscle interference

not natty?

Why is chad wearing mortys mouth on his bottom abs?

>tfw I haven't developed at all despite 4 months in

What the fuck is this, I know I can't gain weight but my body hasn't changed AT ALL.

Last thing I needed to see before joining a Gym tomorrow lol. Oh well, you gotta start somewhere

You absolutely do need a strength base. I started lifting like 5 months ago and jumped into a ppl routine and almost snapped My shoulders up last week. I've made some decent gains but the high volume training I'm doing almost fucked me up because I lack a strength base. Also I've stalled at 185 bench for a month now.

No pain, no gain :^)

That's because of your lack of knowledge. Veeky Forums needs to stop blaming a workout method because of its lack of skills.
Also Veeky Forums must shut the fuck up when DYEL noobs start lifting for few months then giving advices. What's the point on mocking normies for their stupid healt/fitness related advice when a Veeky Forums autist that lifted for 5 months starts talking about how you need X or Y

bait

Educate me then. Why else did I get injured? And why have my lifts stalled if not for the lack of a strength base? I've been eating on a surplus

are you mentally disabled

P/P/L/Rest repeat

>Necrolifts Work your core enough you don't need extra ab workout
Should have done them from the beginning.

hahahahah

> hitting muscle groups once a week is enough

why are PPLfags and aestheticsbros so retarded?

Is c6w good for deadlifts? I feel kill after squats. Am I a GDE?
Assume sleep and eating are on point

is that chad meme basically johnny bravo reborn

>PPLx means once a week
>4=7
Retard
PPLxPPL
xPPLxPP
LxPPLxP
PLxPPLx
Repeat
Easy enough?

Imo it's decent for deadlifts, but it has mostly variations without given weights, so you kinda have to know yourself what weights to use. Also you will get used to deadlifting after squatting. if you still think it's too hard do candito's linear routine for a month or two it's perfect introduction to c6w.

>hitting muscle groups once a week is enough
on an 4 day cycle you'd be hitting most muscles twice a week

4 nights rest is enough for muscles t ogrow

Yeah I was thinking about that, but it has no percentages. So do I just enter a random reasonable weight and force weekly progress like in Texas method?

48-72 hours

After a deadlift session, my lower back is fried. It's hard to do squats after only a day rest.

>you must do deadlifts to become big
>eat rice and broccoli
>creatine is bad for you
>chicken and eggs are good for you
>GOMAD
>weighted dips
>don't use any machines
>don't OHP in the squat rack
>tip the receptionist

How in the fuck

I'm a dyel squatting 170lbs and I hit a 2pl8 deadlift several workouts ago

Whats wrong with rice broccoli chicken and eggs.
OHP in squat rack is completely fine

Then post a good ppl routine fgt

I even got better aesthetic results doing /bwg/'s foundation routine because the volume is better.

The virgin in OP's pic looks like something David Firth would make

Currently on SL for about 6 weeks. Should I hop over to PPL brehs

>rice
It's a poor staple food, low in protein. I eat red lentils nowadays, which have more than three times the amount of protein brown rice has while having less carbs.
>broccoli
It's just fucking gross man, I can't eat this shit every day.
>chicken
Food borne diseases like salmonella if you cook it improperly, cheaper brands are probably loaded with hormones and antibiotics as well, arsenic contamination thanks to roxarsone, trans-fat and cholesterol content and carcinogens like heme.
>eggs
Cholesterol content
Potential food borne illnesses like salmonella
Fipronil contamination
High methionine content
Disgusting texture
God knows what other contaminants are in them, since they feed livestock so much bullshit.

>Do starting strength or another meme minimalist routine

I've made ridiculous gains from doing 5/3/1. Much better than SS, fuck that shit meme.

>Low bar squats
Rekt my elbows and wrists. I just highbar.

>Direct ab work is bad
I've found the ab wheel and weighted planks to be invaluable.

>Sumo deadlifts are cheating
I've found they work better with my hip structure.

>You should bulk on 5000+ calories, EAT BIG TO GET BIG

This only made me fat as fuck. I've found out that a moderate surplus is better and you should not bulk beyond 15% bf or so.

>If you cut too hard all your muscle will disappear

I've ran significant deficits and maintained strength on above intermediate lifts easily. Even gained some. I did frequent refeeds though.

>You need a lot of protein or else you wont make any gains, 60% of your calories should be protein

I've found protein requirements to be overblown. I've eaten .5grams per lb of bodyweight at times and made progress all the time. Furthermore I've found carbs to be just as if not more important.

>know
You're not trying, probably afraid to lose your skeletor six-pack. Fucking eat more.

you sound like a massive faggot

Fucking eat out my butt, bitch.

Post diet and routine

I would post a picture of my body to prove you wrong, but I could be identified based on my scars (used to be involved with a fight club, stabbed multiple times) and my gang affiliated tattoos from when I spent 10 years in one of the toughest prisons in the country (I’m, probably, in the top priority list of the FBI right now).

I know your type, though. You think because you can squat and deadlift heavy that you're a big guy with an impressive physique. I have built plenty of muscle without those autistic lifts. You probably think you're superior because you follow the routines of a fat little redneck man with no real knowledge of building muscular or strength. You don’t know shit about muscles and strength if you have not trained the way I had, I literally learned from the best, and you got no shit on me, you fat autistic neckbeard.

Why do people do ULxULxx though and not ULULULx ? Seems like an excuse to only go 4 days a week instead of 6 if you ask me

>too stupid to do low bar squats properly

You are a massive faggot.

The original of this pic has always made me take the bait

Most strongman and powerlifters are fat as fuck and are in denial about being fat as fuck

They also have the ultra-machoism complex where everything needs to be as masculine as possible, which leads to skewed perception of what it means to be a man e.g. being ugly and not pretending they care about girls

This

Blaha pls go

That picture triggers me.
Wearing neon at the gym is autistic. And if you are not sweating you are a pusspuss.

Meh I didn't get huge gains on deadlifts on c6w but i loved it for the squat gains.

Deadlift went from 600 to 610 or 585x3

I've been off gear for 2.5 years now and when i did it it was 250mg/wk, half the recommended starting dose

Love u 2 bby

>caring about girls

You need rest days

that's cute
its almost like you know what you're talking about

I do phul's program, I need to rest after two power days.

Post body

>lifting 6 days/week is too much

You sound like one of those people who watch 5 hours of Netflix a night and think that spending 6 hours/week in gym is wasting time and stopping you from a social life

If you think 6/week will "fry your CNS " you need to do some serious reading. Eat more and stop being DYEL.

Muscles should be trained every 48-72 hours. After 48 hours 99% of the healing has been done (except in extreme cases, e.g. testing deadlift Max 2x/week, CNS will tire)

"Strength base first" is a dumb meme as it implies whatever routine you do after SS/SL doesn't build strength. If that's true you're a fool.

Which one is it now you faggots

PPL should be hitting a muscle every 48-72 hours. If it's 24 hours like you said you're doing something wrong, like skipping a day or going twice a day, or putting deadlift with pull/back like an idiot.

They are the same thing. 6 days a week with PPL will have you hitting a muscle every 48 hours, 72 after rest day. If you test your Max every workout youre a fool with much bigger problems.

PPL should absolutely not be testing your maxes every single day. Once every other week is ideal. PPL is not for people who exclusively powerlift/Max effort. It's probably 65%hypertrophy aesthetics/ 35% strength, but can easily be customized by changing rep ranges, intensity, and volume.

PPL is a meme brosplit that too many normies swear by

Such a solid argument how can I even argue

Did you lose any gains after getting off?

>legs hairy and pale
shit man

I agree that deadlifts have an impact on your legs, but the impact is much smaller than doing squats. So yeah, it is possible to have good legs with deadlifts, but it takes much more time than to squat.

Tbs, I don't like leg day either, because I need to be 100% healthy and must eat good enough before even thinking about squatting, but I was in the first 2 years a fucking poser with a trained upper body but no legs (and you can see skinny legs through pants), then I trained them and now I have... well, not really big legs, but way better legs than before.

Strength, not besides bench (lost a lot of bench strength though)
Size, yeah i got a lot softer and less vascular. Pic related i was on at that point