Sauna After Workouts

Is it a meme or does it actually work?

>youtube.com/watch?v=eWKBsh7YTXQ

>youtube.com/watch?v=aHOlM-wlNjM

Videos made by Dr. Rhonda Patrick saying it's linked to gains, hormones and a bunch of other shit

I've been sitting in one for 30 minutes after a workout and find it feels really good both mentally and physically. I always wake up in the middle of the night with super tight muscles, happens a lot less now.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/4y14or/has_anyone_examined_dr_rhonda_patricks_work/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sauna is god tier ahead of cold meditation for me. I live up in little Scandinavia USA soo its easy to get the best of both worlds

All I know is that I want to go balls deep in the bitch in the OP's pic and not come out till my dick is half pickled by her pussy juice and girl cum.

Bitch in the youtube video can get it too.

really? her head looks really un proportional and its pretty disturbing

>Two one hour sessions per day at 80 C for a week caused a 1600% increase in growth hormone

brehs

low test

gonna start going in the sauna for like 15 or 20 mins after every lifting session from now on. those two youtube vids in OP convinced me desu

Who dat?

wait what the fuck @ 12:38

basically regular sauna time will increase BDNF which will fight depression? sauna is magic brehs....

some advice: first couple times 15-20 minutes will be hard try not to look at the clock. after a week you'll get used to so try bumping it to 30 mins if you have the time

also for every 10 mins you're in there drink a bottle of water beforehand

>he fell for the Rhonda Patrick meme

She's fucking rotten at anything other than biomechanics. She has practically zero familiarity with clinical, epidemiological, observational and interventional studies regarding nutrition. All of her knowledge pertains to rat models. There's no reason at all people should be looking to her for nutrition advice.

Treat saunas are bullshit until we get more studies. About half show no benefit. there's a case report of someone dying due to heat stroke induced by the sauna. And a couple of positive studies on saunas.

If you like going to saunas- keep going. If you're looking for some benefit- find something else other than this hot and cold therapy bullshit.

Finnish have been using them since forever - they do good in a lot of weightlifting sports

I live in Canada and Finnish friend has a fucking sauna in his house

Melissa Debling

Jesus that areola is massive

Yeah really, I NEED to fuck that bitch.

GOD FUCKING DAMN
SAUCE

Amy Jackson

I like going on the sauna, but I usually leave after 5-10 minutes. Is that even worth it?

Gonna need a source

Danica Knox

Her name is Foto Schop.

I don't know why I keked, but I did.
You will rue the day you broke my stoic trance, mark my words. My Gi will be painted crimson in your blood; there will be no mercy.

b-but it should be no more than 15 min sessions, guise

There's definitely something going on with sauna use. The 'high' you get after an intense sauna session is just immense. It just makes you feel good. Also I noticed it makes my skin glow and look way healthier.

I see her citing sources. I don't see you citing shit. You have to be pretty arrogant to believe you can debunk a PhD in biology. If Joe Rogan follows her advice then I'm going to too.

>there's a case report of someone dying due to heat stroke induced by the sauna

Yes, people who try to break world records and staying in saunas for hours.

reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/4y14or/has_anyone_examined_dr_rhonda_patricks_work/

doesn't seem to be as bad as claims

>I cherry-picked every single study on saunas showing positive effects
>by jove, saunas are THE BEST for EVERYTHING
>this is REAL SCIENCE people

brb gonna make a youtube video on how sugar increases longevity based on the 50 coca cola, Little Debbies, and Mr Christie studies I can dig up

Zyzz died in a sauna trying to achieve maximum gains. Is it worth the risk, bros?

Zyzz wasn't a healthy individual.

I don't know about any negative sauna effects. Even considering the worst case scenario, no health benefits what so ever, still makes it worth it just for the relaxation alone. 'Sauna glow' is a real thing, many professional models are hardcore saunacels.

Zyzz had a heart condition.

aye, I don't mean to debate the effects of saunas themselves, just commenting on the video content itself.

If one study indicates one far-fetched thing, we are still far from any meaningful conclusion until further verified by more studies. I don't know how these people become PHDs without acquiring a shred of skepticism or critical thought, but in general you shouldn't listen to "scientists" who look at one-off non-aggregate studies and immediately jump on the bollocks bandwagon. It's just like Dr. Oz; they're just using their credentials to give false authority to their clickbait.

Plus he was on 30 different supplements a day, plus steroids. He looked like a bloated mess around the time he died.

NEED to smother myself in that pillowy body boys

It's incredible. If I have spots/acne or a scratch/cut from playing sports. shit heals so much more quickly if I get some sauna time in.

Hair and nails grow at a ridiculous rate too, and my recovery time from intense workouts decreases. Saunas really are magical.

a super hot dry heat sauna is really good for your hair? seems like the opposite but i'll take your word for it

you don't need sauna just do proper cardio
when you sweat your clothes

I've recently started using my local pools steam room and sauna (prefer steam room desu). The relaxation alone is worth it, but it also improves my skin and hair 100%. Am ethnically Finnish so mabye I get bonus effects?

do you rinse the sweat off your body as soon as you get out? or your face at least

Sitting in one right now lol

Regardless shits cash

what do you get out of it? like real non-placebo positives from doing it regularly

Pics

How the fuck are you allowed to take a phone into the sauna? How ghetto is your sauna?

kek

almost all finns have a sauna in their house. we have like 3 million saunas for 5 million people.
t. finn

Yeah, theres a shower right outside. Use cold water to cool off, shits cash

she's a coal burner whore

literally perfect

>short hair
yuck

just flat out gross

Finnish athletes aren't known for their magical recovery abilities and most of them spend a lot of time in proper saunas, none of that turkish steam shit.

It's very nice but I doubt they have a huge effect on your body.

Nordic countries are known for their strongmen and they all use saunas religiously.

How the fuck youre in sauna with phone? If you throw water on the rocks on the heater shit (dont know what it is in english) sauna gets steamy and moisture goes in the phone and if the sauna is properly heated that shit will overheat

Not that guy but I have an S5 which is waterproof (newer models too probably) and I can take it into the sauna. Mine doesn't get hotter than 80'C though, and the humidity mainly stays on the top level, so the bottom is pretty safe to sit in I'd think.
Not the most responsive touch screen in there though.

Oh yeah but I still think the heat does some damage at least to phones battery if you go to sauna many times a week but I may be wrong

go fuck yourself.