Who here lifts for God and Jesus?

Who here lifts for God and Jesus?
1 Corinthians 9:24-27

24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Bump

Me, my fellow churchmen
>Thy whomst lifts for the lord willst be prepared for the next grand crusade
>God wills it, and fuck islam

How do you know Christianity is true?

>2017
>Not lifting for the Prophet (pbuh)

Because they grew up in a Christian country. They would lift for Allah otherwise.

I was surprised the amount of christian weight lifters. And I guess it is a fairly known thing. I know family guy had a gag about it one episode.

I think Dom only is half joking about the whole reps for Jesus thing, I wouldn't be surprised if he's religious.

I do:

My lifting verse:

Psalm 18:32-34

32It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

33He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.

34He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

I didn't mean as compared to Islam.

Not him but
I don't, instead i "logically" choose religion based on which one fucks me up the most if i don't follow it.
Most other religions don't require you to believe in them to get benefits in afterlife, but instead depend on how good of a person you were in general so you can be reincarnated into something nice or not, so following them is a waste of time since there's no punishment for it. From what i know the only two of the most popular where you're sentenced to an eternity of suffering if you don't follow them are Christianity and Islam, and Christianity is a lot nicer than Islam, along with other shit i don't feel like explaining, so being Christian was the choice for me.
Being an atheist has no benefits so there's no reason to choose that one, instead of hoping you chose right you're just risking it and giving up entirely.

You just have to game the system bro.

David was awesome.

Psalm 144:1-4

1{A Psalm of David.} Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

2My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

3LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!

4Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.

Thanks for the response, I wasn't trying to start some speedy atheist argument. I understand the reasoning of following a religion for the benefits, I did that with Christianity for ~4 days (not really following, but praying in a rudimentary way). I saw some pretty good benefits, and had some low power religious experiences, but was ultimately unable to reconcile Christianity theology, and my own thoughts about the world. Without being able to actually believe in God I couldn't get myself to continue that path.

The problem is that I think humans co-evolved with religion and need it to live up to their potential, which sort of puts me at a loss. I keep hoping that there's something I missed, and that it will all make sense to me one day.

*spergy not speedy

>had some low power religious experiences

What do you mean user?
You sound like you've had more experience in your 4 days than I've had all these years.

God isn't real you fedora tipping faggot

>88887
That is what you get for your lack of faith

I originally started because meditation felt to foreign/LARPy as a westerner and decided to "act as though" Christianity is true because it has a pretty good track record. Then started feeling god's presence, Mary's, Jesus's. I would wake up in the night and pray a pseudo rosary. I sort of felt like I was losing my sanity; oscillating from feeling something while praying, or even just walking around to being able to explain it away without religion afterwords was taking a toll on me. I didn't want to risk ending up like Terry Davis, but without the computer knowledge, so I stopped.

Lots of Christian monks meditate. Meditation is not LARPy at all. You should give it a shot. Also, congrats on finding a higher moral and ethical ideal to strive for. I'm not Christian, but there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion

>felt mary's presence

catholic you gotta go back. mary does nothing for you. read the bible

Never thought of it that way, but I figured that even if there isn't a God in Heaven, I'd still live happier and more productively than if I didn't believe.

Plus angels are badass

>John 19: 25-27
Go back to reading the Bible and interpreting it yourself just as the muslims do with Koran, my fellow prottie

I lift for Tyr, Odin, Thor and Baldr

Tell that to my foreign gf, faggot.