So, Veeky Forums, the question remains:

So, Veeky Forums, the question remains:

>Pull ups or chin ups?

Alternatively, are neutral grip pull ups the middle ground between these two?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gtRHAE7bqR8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pullups are always the better choice, unless all you can do is chins or neutral grips at the moment. Work your way to pullups.

Neutral grip pull ups or ring pull ups are the best. Less stress on wrists and shoulders. Easier to feel the muscles.

I prefer chinups because that way I work my biceps a little bit more

-The best exercise is the one that lets you exert more strength. Strength is defined as the ability to produce force against an external resistance.
-Thus you need to identify what exercise allows you to lift/move more absolute weight to produce most strength.
-In order to maximize the amount of absolute weight, you need to use as many muscles in the body as possible for that particular movement.
-What exercise allows you that?

Answer: Chinup.
Chinup is identical to Pullup, but the supination of the grip allows for the activation of the biceps, which in turn, allows for more muscle mass being employed and thus more absolute weight being lifted.

LET ME EXERT MY DICK INTO YOUR ASS

>exert the most strength
>produce the most strength
Do you ever think about the shit you saw and wonder if your s fucking retard?

>In order to maximize the amount of absolute weight, you need to use as many muscles in the body as possible for that particular movement.

What the fuck does this even mean

When you're hanging off a cliff edge, you're gonna regret not doing pullups

chinups, they are my biceps workout and aid my back. fit good into my program.

also trappy advised them.

Do BOTH you fucking retarded DYEL faggots

Alternate grips for each set.

I understand that different people have different ideas of which exercise is better, but if you're there working out with the bar, why on earth not just do both?

Clearly, the two exercises put a greater strain on different muscle sets (even though they are very closely related). If you exhaust yourself on pull ups, crank out chin ups the next set, and vice versa.

uhm. you're really moving the same weight with different muscles/mechanics.

pullups use the back muscles more, for example.

I favour pullups, even though I find chinups appallingly easy.

pullups build the shoulders and back, and lats WAY more.

I alternate EVERY REP

Think and grow strong.

I alternate mixed grip every rep

Not if he's facing the opposite way.

B-b-b-but overtraining.

Neutral Grip Pull-up allows you to use more weight than a Chin-Up.

youtube.com/watch?v=gtRHAE7bqR8

DID YOU EVEN FUCKING READ?

I SAID NEUTRAL GRIP PULL-UP, NOT PULL-UP.

THE NEUTRAL GRIP PULL-UP ALLOWS YOU TO LIFT MORE WEIGHT THAN A CHIN-UP, PERIOD.

DO YOU LITERALLY EVEN LIFT?

Just switch grips each set

Gee, the anger management problem on Veeky Forums...

most musculature involved = better = chinups

as far as consensus goes, most people undeniably can do more chinups than they can pullups thus it is easier and faster to reach a state where you can add weight. Obviously chinups are better in the long run

ITS BECAUSE NOBODY ON THIS FUCKING GOOK SITE HAS HEARD OF NEUTRAL GRIP PULL-UPS BEFORE AND THINK YOU SHOULD BE ONLY COMPARING CHIN-UPS AND PULL-UPS.

LIKE THIS FAGGOT

Explain benefits of neutral grip over the other two grips.

Chin-ups for entire back/biceps, pull-ups for mostly lats. Thumb-less grip with either for more forearm involvement.

JUST DO A NEUTRAL GRIP PULL-UP AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

YOU WILL NOTICE ITS EASIER THAN BOTH A STANDARD PULL-UP AND A CHIN-UP.

if its neutral grip, then why do you call it 'neutral grip "pull-up"'?
couldnt it as well be 'neutral grip "Chin-up"'?

So you have no real info to back up what youre talking about yet you type in all caps like you have something important to say. k.

>easier and faster to reach a state where you can add weight
Why would you want to make it easier for yourself? Lifting isn't supposed to be easy you dumb fuck

Two different excersises. It's like asking bench press or bar curls.
Pullups for back.
Chinups for arms.

Not him but it really sucks that we call them chin ups and not something like palms facing you pull ups because people think that a proper chin up is getting your chin to the bar rather than your chest.

Also, assuming you're doing them correctly with the correct hand positions, grip can greatly effect the activation of muscle groups.

USE LOGIC

REMEMBER WHEN YOU USE TO DO LAT-PULLDOWNS?

REMEMBER WHAT GRIP ALLOWED YOU TO DO THE MOST WEIGHT?

I BET IT WAS PIC RELATED, WASN'T IT?

WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE DO T-BAR ROWS USING THIS GRIP? ITS TOO MOVE MORE WEIGHT.

NOW GO DO A NEUTRAL GRIP PULL-UP AND SEE FOR YOURSELF. YOU'LL NOTICE IT'S EVEN EASIER THAN A CHIN-UP, LET A LONE A PULL UP.

ACTUALLY NEVER MIND, NEVER DO IT, NEVER EVEN TRY IT, DONT LISTEN TO ME, I DONT WANT YOU TO ACTUALLY DISCOVER SOMETHING NEW THAT WILL IMPROVE YOUR GAINS, STAY NARROW MINDED AND NEVER TRY DIFFERENT EXERCISE JUST BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT.

get your sausage fingers off the shift key faggot

>that guy who forgets the caps lock on

>What are different muscle groups activated for 500, Alex?

Chinups are like pullups,but for faggots

Read it in rippertoe's voice, nice bait.

Chin ups put more stress on your shoulders and wrists. In the long term your joint health is one of the most important things. Do pullups and rows, my friend. You can never do enough of those

Go be reasonable some place else.

pull-ups are the most versatile and adaptable to a wide range of equipment, I prefer those purely for bodyweight

but if I'm adding plates with a dip belt, I'm going for neutral grip. if you do gymnastics rings that's the position the body will naturally move toward, easiest and if you want to make it harder just add some plates.

just another note on pull-ups, great for developing grip strength too, especially if you use gradually thicker & thicker bars. if you're into rock climbing or anything like that, it's a good way to train

sheer strength, still leaning more toward neutral grip with added plates

mixed grip desu

You can also do towel pullups for grip strength. Gives you some good grip strength gains too. Useful if you wanna do judo or sambo, gotta have that strong grip to grab niggers gi.