/fitlit/ thread

I want to get into reading again.

Any non-autistic book recommendations so I can make brain gains as well as physical?

Milk and honey by Rupi kaur is a great book that helped me expand my horizons

gulag archipel is breeeddy gud
If you are interessted in a specific topic look up what you would have to read in courses/uni.

clean your room

safe your room
clean the dragon
slay your father

>read les miserables
>suddenly literally 50 pages of historical context and discussion of the battle of Waterloo with literally no link to the story
>the only link is the last 3 pages

Victor Hugo would have been considered a fucking pretentious hack by todays standards.

Also annoying when frenchies don't give actual names. Seems to be common with them. Like theres M- sur M-, and even in In Search Of Lost Time, Proust just truncates location names, often without ever giving their full name.

Walden is pretty good as long as you take it as an opinion and advice, and not fucking gospel.

actually apply that to everything

Finnegans Wake

No

The only reading you should be doing is the bio under piano videos

The Way of Men and Becoming a Barbarian
Jack Donovan is based as fuck

Be more specific on what you're looking for. Or just find a subject you're interested in and get a book on it for the level you're at. Or just read Nietzsche, the will to power, beyond good and evil, etc

What are you looking for in a book ?
"brain gains" is pretty vague, and nonsensical

Read Frankenstein so you can discuss 18th century European architecture and tell people you know why the movies always suck

way of men was a good read, and it's easy to get through/digest.

all quiet on the western front is a favorite of mine

anything by hemingway

lonesome dove

blood meridian

moby dick

Actual /fitlit/ here, you start with the greeks.

Are plays Veeky Forums?

Listen, I know you live in the northern american states... but just go to a library, or, hell, a bookshop. Pick up a book and start reading it.

If you're in a bookshop, just remember it doesn't matter how long you stand and read the book as long as you make a purchase at the end of the day.

>you start with the greeks
Lies, you start lifting the greeks, and you read something sticky.

>Blood Meridian

All cormac mccarthy. Though, maybe hold off on Blood Meridian for a while since it will ruin literature for you.