ITT: Meme exercises we tell newfags to do that are completely useless

ITT: Meme exercises we tell newfags to do that are completely useless

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok, you start

I guess they're good for blowing your fuckin knees out, so not completely useless.

OHP hurts my back, hence fuck OHP

I'm 100% sure that OHP with such wide grip is useless

Diddly is useless for aesthetics

>not wanting that juicy ass

my ass is too big, all girls/my friends make fun of me for it

The more you are doing abduction of the shoulder, rather than flexion, the more the deltoid is engaged than the chest. If your form is good and you are lifting heavy, who gives a fuck, most people build their chest with bench, there isn't a problem with the deltoid being more isolated (which is the logic behind BTN).

That's because you're a fat fuck, not because you squat

Everyone hates OHP and tries to talk down the lift as being useless

Why? Because you're all too embarrassed to do it, because you're all weak as fuck at it.

>1+ OHP is e-easy

Yeah except I'm one of the handful of people at my gym who do it, and for reps, meanwhile that handful of people I'm talking about (me included) are by far the most muscular guys at the gym.

Being weak at OHP is just pathetic, why are so many of you so fucking shit at it? WHY?????? it makes no sense to me that so many adult males are so fucking pathetically weak when it comes to vertical pressing movements. Ya'll doing something wrong that's for sure.

honestly pressing shit over head is pointless when you can just jerk it and make use of leg drive

That's besides the point.

The fact is 99% of adult male gym goers seem to be horribly pathetically embarrassingly weak at any kind of vertical pressing.

Why is that?

I see guys at my gym who bench 100KG+ for reps who struggle like a baby bitch to ohp 40kg. It's laughable.

because it's a retarded exercice, you have to put your back in compromising position with each reps

Calm down, Chad

Maybe you do because you suck at bracing and have shitty mobility. Putting your arms above your head is a natural movement.

I would totally OHP if it didn't rape my lower back

squeeze glutes fgt

Same here, but I switched to doing them seated with supported back.

I didn't know, that squeezing my glues fixes my scoliosis

I would do that, but my current bench ( home gym ) goes to like 93º instead of 90, and the back support doesn't allow me to tilt my head back

>hurrdurr I have scoliosis
fuck you i didn't know that ;_;

>reddithepost

Squats

i've never progressed on ohp since starting. not sure why.

Because you're not progressively overloading, duh..

The only way to lift heavier is to lift heavier...

If that means doing some like 1-3 reps 2.5kg up; you do those reps...

corelet

>my ass is too big, all girls/my friends make fun of me for it
:^) glutes for the slootz
guess who you attracted. inb4 girls dont like asses on men

deadlifts

Well that´s a bitter post right there OP. But since we are discussing OHP, here´s a few things that may help.

DO them. Your delts and traps are shit and you know why.

>Lower back problems?
Stop arching. Squeeze your glutes. Clear the bar above your head and put your head FORWARD as you swing your hips backwards.

>My bench is huuuge I dont need OHP and I cant progress in it anyways

Because you´re a tiny manlet bitch who never had to produce power in a press before because your alligator arms halves the work by levers. Do things only hobbits are good at, you´ll stay a hobbit. Man up. Work it with volume, simply trying to add 2,5 kg wont work with OHP.

>I cant into form
Watch videos. Internal rotation is key. Flaring your elbows out is something you´d never do on bench yet you look like an egyptian wallpainting when pressing. Learning to powerclean the bar and pressing it is a good way to get a great setup. Your elbows should be aligned and tucked in so that your chest and arms feels connected, dont let your arms float away.

>I just feel it in my chest anyways
Probably because you still arch. Otherwise, do a few reps of behind the neck presses and you´ll feel what it´s like to actually use your delts.

You're not wrong

I prefer btn strict press though

Learn how to brace bby girl

dyel

Pls go

Then lose bodyfat your fat shit

ITT: SS victims desperately defend their shitty exercise when there are so many safer and more effective shoulder builders

Why would anyone do OHP with a barbell when the Dumbbell equivalent is superior in every single way ?

you can't blame the exercise for your own decision to cheat the exercise by leaning back and making it an incline bench

you just have bad form

1.5 plate OHP here. OHP is my main shoulder exercise, then lat raises for more side delt work for joocy shoulders

>tfw 5x5x4 today at 104 lbs.
Feels bad man.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI

Rippetoe himsemfl teaches you to lean back

>tfw got up to 3x3 57.5kg
>tweaked right shoulder 2 months ago
>now back to 3x3 50kg

Completely useless for aesthetics, highest risk of injury.

Just do romanian deadlifts if you want to engage hamstrings, nobody cares about spinal erectors anyways.

>t faggot that is too weak to do it with a barbell

you didn't answer the question

But I do both

I have pretty extreme lower lumbar scoliosis. Squeeze glutes and brace your core, faggot. Valsalva maneuver. Also, work your spinal erectors. If lightweight press hurts your lower back, I guarantee your posterior chain is weak as fuck.

Shit form, shit core
>Blames the exercise

Might as well just jerk for every exercise, I bet you do shit pull-ups too

BTN can easily fuck up your joints.

Because it isn't if you are working on power.

>there are people who unironically dislike the greatest lifts for feeling like an overman

Okay, so far here is the list of useless/meme exercises we tell newfags to do:

Overhead Press - Bad for your rotator cuff.
Deadlift - Ticket to snap city.
Squats - Damages your knee ligaments and your lower back.
Bench Press - Doesn't target the chest correctly, more like a shoulder exercise, and can kill you in the process.
Barbell row- Actually useless for the back, meme as fuck.

What else can we add?

That's just one way to do it. The other is the oly style where you push your head forward.

>all compounds
You have my kek.

>5x5x4
What?

i see that he instructs a small lean just to "bounce" but that bounce isn't necessary. I think everyone should strict-press it instead of bouncing in any way. I lean back a tiny bit just to get my head out of the way of the ba but my spine is still in a straight line.

BB OHP is better for building strength and allows for higher mechanical tension. Doing both is optimal for gains but BB OHP is the one more suited for progression. Let it drive your strength up and use dumbbells to isolate.

This. You should just lean back a little so the barbell con go up in a vertical direction, instead of zig-zag.

3x5. I missed my last rep on my last set, user. So now I can't go up next time and have to try and hit 104 again. If I fail again, I have to deload. That's frustrating as fuck considering how light 104 lbs is.

Pics are from Pic Related. Pretty mediocre book. Standard glossy mag style filled with huge numbers of exercises, 5%-10% have actual value. The routine it specifies is weird too. It's essentially an upper/lower split alfernat ing unilateral and bilateral leg work. It says you should "pick an exercise from Chapter X" for each slot. So, if you choose good exercises it's quite alright, otherwise you end up with meme tier stability ball, rotating dumbbell garbage.

Doing ohp with a grip that wide is just gonna rip your shoulders up

He only says to lean your head back so the bar doesn't crash into it.

As for the slight hip thrusting he advocates I'm not sure whether it's cheating or not. It's not a push-press because you're not moving your knees etc but it's not quite strict either

This desu. Same goes for BP.