Crossfit banned the fuck out

>Recently came back to school, Chemistry in Stockholm University
>Sitting at the Faculties small Cafeteria at University.
>Some nutritionist-students sit at the closest table
>Spot my nutrient-bro with his group, we shared biochemistry last year, he lifts
>They are compiling a year-long research paper about why people stop working out
>Questions about why they started, what kind of work outs, sports, weightlifting
>They talk and laugh at something and my bro asks me to come quick
>He starts explaining
>Most people say it is due to lack of time, or other exercises
>Most sport-quitters are due to not going pro, or continue recreationally
>How often do you see 25-35 year olds play football, hockey or soccer on their free time really?
>Often they replace sports with weightlifting etc
>Here comes the good part
>The CrossFit section and why they quit
>Number one reason is not listed as an injury, rather revleaed how the questions were asked
>Or rather why they did not START AGAIN

"I did not start (crossfit) again because I have a pain in my elbow/knee/shoulder etc"

So that is how crossfit injury-rate is quite low, but still got a bad rep for injuries.

Other urls found in this thread:

barbend.com/nsca-crossfit-lawsuit/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

$ on top reason being burnout as opposed to injury rate

That is correct my man. They stopped crossfit because a lot of reasons, but the number one thing about not coming back was "It hurts"
so it was never really listed as injuries

bump

Crossfit is a way to keep stupid people out of our way in the gym.
A good squat rack is expensive. A shitty, empty room, with a shitty, empty trainer who leads a shitty, empty workout of the day is cheap as fuck. If idiots think they can do better with rabdo, they aren't clogging up real gyms.

TL:DR I think crossfit is just a real-life manlet pit to keep idiots out of real gyms.

I feel like you are correct. I tried crossfit once for free with a friend and well we got tired, I didn't get stronger. It is a little bit cardio, but rowing/running/biking/swimming is unbeatable as cardio really. Why even bother with crossfit?

i'll get flak for this but crossfit is great concept and a brutal workout that combines strength and endurance. give it a try and you will be surprised at how brutal it is. you don't have to do any lifts, just pick a circuit that has bodyweight exercises and go for it.

problem with CF is that reps mean everything and form nothing. that's why you have people with so much injuries and shitty form.

my gf does CF and i do it with her and it's really fun and amazing for cardio but i avoid circuits with lifting weight even though the weight is nothing compared to what i can lift, i know how fast form goes to shit when you are tired, and believe me you get tired really fast when you push yourself doing these things. try doing a circuit that consists of

>squat jumps x15 (from squat position jump on box that is above knee hight, hips pref.)
>burpees x15
>pullups or chinups x20
>100m sprint
>muscle ups x10
>100m farmer walk

and repeat the above for 4 rounds as fast as you can and you will probably want to puke after two rounds if you really push yourself

There are good boxes and bad boxes, just like anything.

Crossfit being cheap to operate is a misconception though. Those boxes have pretty damn high operating costs. You have 1-2 trainers teaching every single session. You have enough free weights for 10-15 people to do a variety of exercises, and enough space for them to actually do oly lifts at the same time.

Most importantly, people who pay for Crossfit actually come regularly. Most gyms subsist on the silent majority of 60-75% of the people who pay for a membership, but never actually come. They sign up after new years, and pay for a membership to feel better about themselves despite going maybe 3 times a year. If all the people who paid for your gym showed up all the time, it would be unworkable.

This. There is nothing wrong with crossfit, rather the people who do it.

Im primarily an athlete, aesthetics comes second to me. I do lots of circuit training which is probably the toughest type of training anyone could do. You have to use your maximal strength while also using your aerobic strength, which utterly fucks up your lungs - but thats what real-life functional use of your strength requires, doesn't it?

Pure-weight lifters dont ever do circuit training, their muscles are just bloated, they are not actually that strong. If they had to apply that in basketball or MMA they would puff out in under 3 minutes, 5 if Im being generous.

Crosshit fag spotted.

>the 'no true scotsman' fallacy applied to crosshit.

>I learned a list of logical fallacies from Reddit and now I use them incorrectly to appear smart

You should probably learn what the no true scotsman fallacy is before you try to use it and come off like a dumbass.

I'm not saying that bad crossfit gyms with shitty coaches aren't crossfit gyms. I'm just saying they exist. There are good ones with knowledgeable coaches as well.

stop crying like a little bitch because people work out differently than you

>He pays $150 a month for something he can do in his back yard

Why?

it's actually at the same gym that i lift at and it costs 30$. it's also very fun

OK, both are crossfit.
All those injuries and shit results are accredited to crossfit. All that shit form and AMRAP HIIT TABATA worship are crossfit. It's ALL shit, with a side of corn niblets. (in case you didn't know, corn has shit macros - crosshit-tier food)

>Pure-weight lifters dont ever do circuit training, their muscles are just bloated, they are not actually that strong

>I tried it once and didn't get stronger

I wonder why

>There are good boxes and bad boxes
GYMS, There are good GYMS and bad GYMS

Fair enough, but most gyms cost about $150. If most people are paying $150 for gpp work, they are being ripped off.

Eh, circuit training is useful for shredding down and working your cardio, so bodybuilders use it. Having good conditionining is really fucking important for strongman too, so strongman competitors do that shit too.

Oh yes. Because I'll be definitely running around lifting my 50% rpm with shitty form in my daily life.

>recommending box jumps
>getting close to puking is even okay
This is how people know crossfit is retarded.

>>There are good boxes and bad boxes
>GYMS, There are good GYMS and bad GYMS
TRIBES, There are good TRIBES and bad TRIBES

squat rack expensive ? please nigga .

Come on, it cant be that bad, can it guys?
I think the may problem is that the people whose first contact with weight is Crossfit have no idea what they are doing, and to make things worse most of them jump on Paleo diet. These people know nothing about lifting and are running around with the parking brake on and ultimately NOT recovering. For a seasoned lifter with some years under his belt, someone who tried 5/3/1, Westside, Starting Strength, someone who has read about nutrition, even if just an article saying "lolzoolz moar brotein" is gonna do ok in Crossfit.

t. never tried Crossfit but live next door to a gym-box-thingy

>brutal
If I want brutal I can go to my nearest ghetto, yell nigger and get shot. It's free and not nearly as dangerous as crossfit.
If I want cardio I run. If I want to get strong I lift weights. Crossfit is fucking useless and has no place other than keeping retards contained and out of my gym.

Satanic trips of truth

>If I want brutal I can go to my nearest ghetto, yell nigger and get shot. It's free and not nearly as dangerous as crossfit.

Fuck you I actually spat out my drink

Why not do this at a regular gym for 1/3 the price?

Crossfit only got a bad injury rap due to blatant lies by competitors. The lies were so obvious and the coverup so bad they won a summary judgement on that point in trial.

barbend.com/nsca-crossfit-lawsuit/

Did crossfit injured my lower back. Goodbye deadlifts and cleans.
I'm not saying I didn't know better but it's kind of ironic that I trained Mma 6-12 a week and I only lightly strained my right knee after 7 years. Crossfit did me in two and a half. Now I lift 1- 2 a week and my body looks good, better than ever for a year. Just have to stick to a better diet and everything will fall into place.

Hahahahaa Satan BTFO crossfit