Which lift is the best indicator of a person's overall strength...

Which lift is the best indicator of a person's overall strength? Is it possible for someone to be strong with one lift but still weak overall?

My back is extremely strong(proficient level) but all my other lifts are "novice"

deadlift is a fairly good indication of overall strength. The reason for this being that it uses a lot of different muscles.

Fight me Veeky Forums

I would say it's the CnJ.
You can squat without arms. You can bench or do chin-ups without legs. You can deadlift with piss weak arms and shoulders.
It is literally impossible to properly execute the CnJ with a meaningful weight with a weak link in your body. You need a strong everything. You can't have a 2xBW CnJ and a weak muscle group.
Tazio?

/thread

>tfw no crossfit gyms in my town

Oly lifts form is a huge component of how much you can lift though.

There is that video of the small oly guy out oly lifting a giant strong man and bodybuilder, but both destroy him in less complex lifts.

A lift that needs to be coached, where similar body composition and size people might be 100lbs apart based on training, is not a good strength measure.

snatch

Deadlift, obviously

Bicep curl

>A lift that needs to be coached, where similar body composition and size people might be 100lbs apart based on training, is not a good strength measure.

>Maths aren't a good intelligence measure because poor subsaharian or far east countries can't afford math teachers

I'm not a weightlifter, but you're wrong. Feel free to suggest a better lift though

He's right it requires too much coordination to be a good measure of general strategy. It'll just tell you who has better technique.

Probs low bar squat for lower body and bench press/pull ups for upper body. No single lift will tell you everything though.

Bench Press
Pull Up
Squat

there isn't one exercise that uses all muscle groups in a non-retarded way

Let me put it this way. The second OP question was
>Is it possible for someone to be strong with one lift but still weak overall?
To which the answer is
>It is literally impossible to properly execute the CnJ with a meaningful weight with a weak link in your body. You need a strong everything. You can't have a 2xBW CnJ and a weak muscle group.

To explain the logic behind this:
If your mom is in the kitchen (strong cnj), then your mom is in the house (you are strong)
That doesn't mean that if your mom is in the house (you are strong) then she is in the kitchen (strong cnj)

Clean&push press.
I'll throw in the caveat that you need to know how to do the lift effectively.

>Is it possible for someone to be strong with one lift but still weak overall?
I have a 1100lbs total. My deadlift accounts for almost half of it.

So yup.

You should learn the difference between an indicator and a condition.

Lol, ok bro
In the meantime, why don't you post a better "indicator" or even read the OP slowly again, because so far all you do is post "no u"

heavy ass farmer walks

your upper body will certainly give out before your lower body but it's the only exercise that works that many muscles. pushing your elbows out even hits your side delts a fair amount.

Power clean & push press.
Similar, but less technical.
If you want it to have an 'official name' as a single lift, look at the strongman lifts that do something similar, implement from the ground to overhead with whatever form, and choose one.

>everyone disagreeing with me is the same person

And I can read perfectly well, thanks.

Math performance alone is a poor indicator of general intelligence, yes, which is why intelligence tests rarely incorperate it

>push press
We're asking for ways to see if you're strong, not a gay retard

the bicep curl

But it's a shit indicator of strength. Girls in Crossfit comps doing oly lifts are probably doing what the totally untrained roid monster at my gym would do if he just tried to clean for the first time. But he would out dead, out squat, out bench, and out pull up them by a mile.

If your mom is in the kitchen (strong cnj), then your mom is in the house (you are strong)
That doesn't mean that if your mom is in the house (you are strong) then she is in the kitchen (strong cnj), nor does it mean that if your mom isn't in the kitchen (weak cnj) that she isn't in the house (you are weak)

the NFL uses bench press reps at 225lbs and explosive dash times, jumping height and agiility. A few players have hit over 40 reps.

pretty good indicator if you re going to be strong and athletic enough to physically dominate other men. to a man athletes who ve done poorly have been proven to be physically weak (although for say a Tom Brady, mental strength is more necessary)

I dunno, I feel like with good coaching a weak person can have a comparitively solid snatch or cj simply because the comparison will be with people who don't train them.

>a weak person can have a comparitively solid snatch or cj
A weak person will always have a weak cnj
If your max squat is 150 kg there is no way in fuck you will cnj more than 120

There's no such thing as overall strength. If you deadlift 600lbs you're only strong in one way.