Should i start boxing ?

should i start boxing ?

i weight somewhat 70 kgs but im incredible strong by my size, i workout since im a kid and i can literrally overpower almost anyone in strenght besides being 70 kg, for explample i can attach 80 kg to my waist and do pull ups for reps, or attack 100 kg and do dips for reps as well

also i can one am curl 40 kg sandbagsfor reps each arm , not perfect form but still can do it anytime

or in the otherhand overhead press 60 kg with one arm max

you may say im lying or this is bullshit, but keep in mind im 20 years old and my dad forced me into training since i was a fucking kid

is it worth to star boxing ? or already too late ? since i remember i have been told i have heavy hands

anyways thanks...

Wow h-hes strong.

for to say, with no training on sprinting or squats i can run 100 m at 11 secs raw

pic not related, forgot to mention that

do you want brain damage?

of course not, but its not like i like my life too much, i just dont wanna try boxing and be a shame

Go do it, what's wrong with you

what's wrong with me ? many things, and i always thought boxing as the last resort, but you are right i may give it a chance

You're strength would shine more in grappling. You'll just get your head spun by dyel Mexicans at that weight

sounds like he already has it

so i could try mma ? yes when grappling im pretty good, when i was 12 or something i wrestled my phisical education teacher and i drop him

go to a boxing gym
ask to spar with anyone who has been training for more than 2 years
get schooled and rethink your life

post pics

Here, people think im like 180 lbs when unclothed

> Is it to late?

No.

Take photos your spine and wrists with something for scale.

Sure but what you mean with spine ?

Here wrist

A separate photo obviously.

Minor Scoliosis is very common, and while an online photo isn't enough to eliminate the possibility of you having it, I thought it was worth having a look.

Besides that, most striking power comes from your back.

>thinking that strength will help you in a combat sport

Being able to lift heavy shit doesn't mean you'll make a good boxer just means you can lift heavy shit

I dont have scoliosis but always had bad posture

Then a trained female boxer would beat up an average man and that just wont happen because the man will be stronger wont matter what

You both are probably right,i may go to a boxing gym and get my as kicked,who knows, thats why i asked if it was worth to start boxing, all i know is im fast and heavy handed for what people told me, bit no idea about my reflexes or chin strenght to hold punches,never had a real fight

Great wrist size.
As for the Scoliosis, you wouldn't be able to tell yourself, even staring in a mirror.
But its only a thought, you're unlikely to have it.

I'd say you're set, young man.
Basic bone structure is the main bottleneck, and your's is fine.

As for what my opinion is worth, I'm the apprentice/son of a retired MMA coach, so take that for what you will.

Brock Lesner

Oh thanks man, then i must give it a try

So you say, mma and noy boxing right ?

Punching power comes from the rotation of the hips

That was another guy.

Do what you think you can actually dedicate yourself to, or have fun at.

Boxing has a tradition that sucks in young men similar to the way military indoctrination does.
I'll say this, people in Boxing Gyms are brothers and tend to look out for each other more, it's kind of like a police locker room.

MMA is without a doubt more effective as a fighting style, but lacks the friendship and tradition of boxing.

So if its between just those two, decide whether you are looking for a lifestyle, or whether you're pursuing martial arts for its own sake.
(if its the latter, you'll eventually be visiting a boxing gym anyways, even Bruce Lee had to admit the way boxers strike is incredibly efficient)

> Besides that, most striking power comes from your back.
> movement that requires extension in the elbow and shoulder joints
> your back
??????
Punching power comes from a twisting motion in your hips and your shoulders being strong enough to stabilise it all and transfer the force. Same with kicks, elbows and knees. It's not like having a strong back is useless in martial arts, but it's not really for striking. If you mean lower back, I can forgive your sins.
> Then a trained female boxer would beat up an average man and that just wont happen because the man will be stronger wont matter what
Women don't really get the same leverage in punches, because of their bone structure. It's nothing to do with simply being strong necessarily. Fighting isn't really a strength sport, your endurance and technique are the most important aspects. When it comes to gas tanks, women have a disadvantage too, btw. Also, women are inherently not competitive the same way men are, women who have the same kind of competitive mindset and will as men are one in a thousand occurrence. There are dozens of reasons why women can't compete with men, strength is one of the least important ones.

I didnt know that about boxing gyms, good to know, i should try both, cant tell, but if i had to pock one,would be boxing

it depends on what you want out of it. Do you want to just learn how to box better and get some conditioning out of it, or are you hoping to compete? if it's the latter you want, then prepare to devote A LOT of your time to boxing and only boxing. You probably won't have time or energy to do anything else, especially once you start sparring. Boxing coaches also tend to be weird about doing shit outside of their gym, especially if they know you're doing it and you're not performing the way they think you should be. For instance, if they know you're lifting on your own and you're gassing in sparring, you'll get shit for the lifting.

Your lifts are nice, but they really won't help as much as you'd think. One of the best fighters at my gym was a skinnyfat guy, but he could school almost anyone in the gym because of how technically good he was and because he had a pretty good endurance base. There were also plenty of big, strong guys that came in and looked terrible because their form was off; they'd basically come in hoping to hit the heavy bag as hard as they could, leading to a shitton of arm punching, pushing the bag, etc.
Once they get in the ring, their main tactic was to try to bumrush in and throw bombs, leading them to either gas or walk into counters. Echoing what another user said, endurance and technique are MUCH more important than raw strength. There's also shit like one's chin durability that has to be taken into account, but I won't get into that.

If you're hoping to go pro or something, I'd say it's probably too late. It's not that you're old or anything; 20 is fine for starting out and competing a bit, but most fighters have been doing it since childhood, and have well-established amateur careers by your age. Of course, there are outliers that started in their mid 20s and went on to be pretty good (I think Bernard Hopkins started boxing in prison in his 20s), but they're very rare.