Since sleep is so important to fitness, how about a sleep thread? How many hours do you get a night?

Since sleep is so important to fitness, how about a sleep thread? How many hours do you get a night?

Other urls found in this thread:

sleep.urbandroid.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sleep is the ultimate redpill. If you've never gone 2 weeks straight of getting 9+ hours a night you'll know what I'm talking about

ever*

How long should you give yourself to fall asleep?

>needing to sleep for nine hours

keep guzzling them carbs m'goy

I can never get more than 5-6 hours of shitty sleep. I usually wake up halfway through. What the fuck

8 to 11

7.5-8 feels good man

i have never needed more than 5 hours of sleep

was pretty annoying as a kid because i would have to try and be quiet until everyone else was awake

I've been taking a sleep formula pill that contains melatonin for a while now. I'm worried my body will stop naturally producing melatonin.

5-6(unfortunately). every couple of days ill get a glorious 9 hours and feel amazing afterwards.

Fuck people who easily fall asleep like a rock

do you honestly think thats true? got a source

Yeah I think lack of good solid schedule of sleep is my problem. I often awake in the night to turn over a couple times, I remember it at least four times a night. I usually never wake up when I want to either. If my alarm isn't waking me it's my cat who relentlessly headbutts me for food. Even though he'll stop once I feed him its always a couple hours before I normally wake up.

I think my problem is I give up if I'm not asleep in 15-20 minutes. What do you think?

>drink hardcore Friday and Saturday nights
>handle (1.75 l) of vodka plus several 40's of malt liquor
>get maybe two hours of incredibly shitty sleep Sunday night
>woken up by night terrors several times (giant insects attacking me, my dead grandma screaming at me)
>cold sweats so bad I have to wash the sheets when I get home from work every Monday
>broke bedside table by falling on it while trying to sway away a giant hornet that would phase straight through my hands
>been doing this every weekend for about five months

Thinking about cutting back a bit.

How the fuck do I get a good night sleep? I'll even take a damn pill and only sleep 5-6 hours.

Reminder to install f.lux so you don't cuck your brain out of sleep chemicals.
You'll actually get tired when sitting on your computer instead of being wired.

*swat away

what interests me is how was the importance of sleep not driven into your skull as a kid? That shit was preached daily to me, now I get a resting 9 hours on average.

Being in sleep debt is so debilitating. The problem is some people never even experience this and miss out their entire life.

i need to look for the source but there was even a study done that got 30 people together and made them all sleep as much as they wanted for a month. after the month they all got out of sleep debt and would get a comfy 8 hours and feel great.

whats interesting is that after that month long cycle of catch up, most nights people would wake up at 2am feeling an extremely heaven-like state until falling back asleep. very interesting

>h*cked my class schedule up so I have to spend 12 hours on campus a day
>commuter too
I'm sleepy, guys

because you taught your cat that you will feed him if he ppesters you, is this so hard to see?

Just close your eyes! XD

>new neighbours move in, start diy
>don't know wtf they're doing but suddenly I get mice
>whoever said "quiet as a mouse" can go eat a dick, it's like an elephant stomping around and eating my walls
>wake up to frantic shuffling, sheets are moving, think there's a ghost, nope its a mouse
>investigate, there's a mouse hole directly underneath my bed
>you try sleeping with the fucking clangers using your room as their personal cardio circuit, haven't had more than a few hours for days

I'm currently in open warfare with the cunts, the problem is i'm in mouse central, its so bad here that along with one other city in the UK the companies who make mice and rat removal methods test them here first because if it works on these it'll work on any

Ive been preaching this whole thread and ill stop now, but people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET ENOUGH SLEEP. my life feels so much better when I'm not sleepy its amazing.

lack of sleep leads to so many mental diseases later in life as well, but you should be doing it regardless

Poison some peanut butter and put that shit around your house. Then get a snake to eat all the bodies. Then get a mongoose to kill the snake. Then get a dog to kill the mongoose. Congrats, you got a dog.

Sleep tight, pupper

>tfw consistently go to bed and wake up at the same time for past two weeks
>tfw consistently sleeping for 8 hours
Good God damn this feels great

I get 5 hours sleep total on average each night, sometimes as little as 3 hours of sleep a night

>tfw cucked myself out of puberty by staying up late on the computer and sleeping and eating too little throughout my teens

If only I could go back...

I can't use poison, I have a house rabbit who roams around. I'm setting up traps when I put him to bed, it's tedious to have to do this every night but i'm not risking him getting hurt.

No more than 5 per night. I get up at 5 am because I work at 6 and I rarely ever get to sleep before 11pm

5-7 hours. It's pretty shit

I sleep as long as I need to which ends up being 7-9 hours

This

7 hours if I'm very lucky and I get drunk as hell as soon as I'm done work and end up passing out early

I started using a light alarm in the mornings as it's winter here and dark when I wake up. The difference is amazing, having light in the room naturally brings you out of deep sleep and I wake up feeling much more refreshed.
I'm not a morning person at all but this helps for those shitty cold dark mornings.

Nice meem :DD

8 hours. End of thread. Get out.

I try to get 7.5-8
but some days i can lay there for hours tired, but not able to sleep. Which nakes me nap after work the next day then fucks up my sleep cycle

>tfw employed and dont have enough time in a day to get 8 hours of sleep

Must be nice to be NEET and no daily errands or work

I sleep around 11-12 hours and I'm trying to cut down on it some more until I get to 9 hours. It used to be even worse though.

>but I stay up thinking about a girl who doesn't give a shit about me instead.
Are you me? That's exactly what I do plus constantly looking up girls on my phone

What kind of job do you have? I work 12 hours a day so 12 hours of sleep isn't possible for me

I'm still in college. And my earliest class on most days is around 10.

sleep tight, pupper

I literally fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and I sleep around 8/9 hours a night with no interruptions. I feel sorry for people who have trouble sleeping, I can't even imagine how frustrating it would be to not be able to fall asleep or randomly waking up in the middle of the night.

I usually get 6.5-7, but I feel that I need 7.5-8 to feel fully rested.

This.

this + black out curtains has changed my life when I got a job waking me up at 5 or 4 am.

Plus I set my ac to turn off an hour before I need to wake up and in winter set my heater to low while sleeping and then set it to start going higher an hour before waking. It's just harder for me to get out of bed if it's cool for some reason.

I'm seeing plenty of 7's which makes me feel better. But on average I sleep at least 7:30.

Perfect IMO

Not him but
>implying you're so busy you can't afford to go to bed at 11

5 hours a day, i work 14hr shifts and after my commute im away from home for 15hrs

Using sleep aka sleepAsAndroid
sleep.urbandroid.org/
set ideal to 7 hours and 10 minutes
the sleep deficit in the last two weeks is over 14 hours ;((
It records sudden noises and records+recognizes snoring. I've reduced snoring up to 99% (I didn't use a pillow. Yet pillow seems to fix it pretty much in my case)
It can anticipate the alarm if you're in a favourable sleep phase
it can play lullabies or mourning mating literal whales with binaural waves whilst monitoring your heart rate with a special buttplug

>it can play lullabies or mourning mating literal whales with binaural waves whilst monitoring your heart rate with a special buttplug
there's no brake on the bloat train

How to make sure I get 8 hours every night? I always leave enough time (almost 10 hours) but sometimes I still don't get enough sleep.
I got flux on my computer and don't play games before bed. And whether I meditate or not, go to the gym that day or not, use the computer late at night or not, it doesn't seem to have a correlation on how much sleep I get.

The worst is to be sleepy the whole day and then be acrive at night. I don't know what to do about that and it happens a lot.

if your sleep is shit try taking your omega-3 before bed. My sleep used to be garbage, wake up 2-3 times a night, took forever to fall asleep, but since I started taking omega-3 before bed I sleep really well. I'll usually still wake up once to take a piss but get back to sleep easy. I forget why I started doing this but it works really well.

force yourself to go to bed and eventually you will get used to it. Also try to change your eating schedule to see if that helps

does l-theanine help with sleep?

the last day of my weekend i have a hard time sleeping for some reason its like my mind wont shut the fuck up

some stuff you can try:
melatonin 1 g 30 minutes before bed
taurine supplementation (without caffeine obviously) in the evening
no caffeine up to 8 hours before bedtime
wake up every day at the same hour no matter what
don't watch tv/monitor/table/smartphone up to 30 minutes before bedtime, no matter flux
read a book while you're in bed
don't smoke
keep your bedroom completely and utterly dark - if you can't, use a sleeping mask
keep your bedroom completely and utterly silent - if you can't, use earbuds or something
eat carbs in the evening
don't exercise before going to sleep
if anything else fails, fap yourself to sleep and cum in a sock so you don't have to walk up to the bathroom or something (ye olde cumrag socks, so many memories)

>melatonin 1 g
*1 mg

>1g of melatonin

These are all good ideas.

I got one of those tracking clocks and it's actually pretty accurate measuring sleep. It's nice because some times one sleeps less than he things, and the other way around too.

I usually try to sleep around 7 hours at minimum. If I fail to do so then I take a nap later.

4-5 during week 9-10 during weekend

What Is f .lux?
What is

adjusts color temperature based on sunset/sunrise
also disables blue light i believe late at night

Fuck you. I'm not even that other user and I work like 10-12 hour days because the marine corps is gay and I always get a constant 7-8 hours of sleep every night

SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER

sleep tight, pupper

I feel like I did the same, but as soon as I graduated high school, I started eating and lifting a ton, and I feel like I got a second puberty honestly. I grew over an inch and a half taller and my jaw and chin came in much better. What sucks though is the acne that came with it - even worse than what I had in high school. Starting accutane soon for that shit though so it's no problem really.

Everything is pretty good apart from the melatonin. Personally, I wouldn't rely on it. If you take it every night, you'll build up a tolerance to it, and eventually the only way you will be able to fall asleep is if you've taken it.

>taking seven courses this semester
>cut out caffeine after noon
>cut out alcohol entirely aside from a single glass of whisky every now and then
>every night roll into bed exhausted as fuck at 10pm
>wake up at 6am after a full night of restful sleep
>rinse and repeat
trick is no caffeine late, no alcohol late, stick to the same schedule every day, and to actually be tired from working all day. that and don't have insomnia and/or insane amounts of stress

Any tips on how to go early to bed? I know it sounds stupid but since I'll be getting a job in September I've been trying to get myself used to sleeping early and getting up early, tried it a couple of times but there's just no way, even if I lay down at 11 I stay awake and turn around until 3 or 4. Its been ages since I had a normal night of sleep, I usually stay up to 4 am then sleep until 12 in the morning and repeat, and the job will require me to get up at 7 at least and be at the workplace by 8.

How do I fix this shit.

Wake up 30 minutes earlier and go to bed only 30 minutes earlier each day. Set an alarm if you have to. Don't do anything too exciting in the hour before bed.

What should I do to keep my jaw from not sliding back when sleeping on my back? I snore terribly loud and often get woken up

8 hours fairly consistently, I'm usually dead by the end of the day because I work out after work, so it's not that hard maintaining a consistent schedule.

if you are drinking a handle plus 40s in 2 days then you should consider cutting back a bit. Alcohol kills gains. Especially sleep.

sleep tight, pupper

sleep tight, pupper

Sleep tight, pupper

LOL nigga how are sleep problems even real haha like just go to bed

Went through serious bout of depression after a month of working shifts and awful sleep during the day time, worst time of my life.

Get one of those mouth guards from Amazon, also very helpful for fixing poor jaw posture.

I normally get 4-6 hours. Insomnia can be a real bitch sometimes but at least I can shitpost for a couple more hours than the normie posters.

How do I stop drooling, I'm breathing through my nose most of the time awake but when I fall asleep I drool and its red like I was beaten

Life would be amazing if I could get the same feeling of rest from 5 hours as 8 hours

Try to get 8 a night, usually get 9. Is there any downside to too much sleep?

I find I peak my energy at 7.5-8, and if I get 9 or more I just feel more sluggish even if I don't feel "tired" mentally

still feels too good to not sleep in on weekends

latest version of ios for iphone has a nightmode pre installed for this reason. I got that shit turned on every night and fall asleep like a baby

before I was sleeping 5-6 hours after my vacation been sleeping 8 hours. Funny thing is workouts have been a lot shorter now.

Anyone else here actually feel worse when they get the full hours (((doctors))) recommend you do? Sleeping more just makes me want to keep on sleeping when I wake up, as opposed to sleeping a normal 4 hours and being ready to take on the day when I wake up.

sleep cyles breh. average cycle takes 90 minutes to complete so you are probably waking up before completing a cycle and possible during deep rem sleep

Did you reply to the wrong post? I am sleeping far more than 90 minutes.

do you know what a cycle is?

Do you wake up with an alarm or naturally?

Of course I do, that doesn't make your logic any more retarded. Sleeping half an hour or two extra doesn't help, sleeping extra at all is what makes me feel tired.

its not about the extra overall sleep its about completing a full 90ish minute cycle

so 1.5hr, 3hr, 4.5hr, 6hr, 7.5hr,

so if you sleep 4.5 hours you could feel better than 8 hours because you are out of the deep sleep state

Sleep tight, pupper