Is Keto diet good?

Is Keto diet good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iCQmfRMwHfA
nytimes.com/2007/03/07/dining/07tran.html
advances.nutrition.org/content/2/4/332.long
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you want clogged arteries and be deficient in essential micro nutrients and fiber then yes keto is great.

There is a strong genetic component to clogged arteries. Plenty of people eat absolute shit their entire lives and never get any artery problems.

Also the statistics on "heart disease" are puffed hugely because it also includes heart failure (pump wears out) and arrhythmias, which have nothing to do with artery clogging.

Vegancucks are complete faggots who do not know science or medicine

>counting dietary fiber as a carb
>not eating veg for dem micros while in ketosis
>being a fucking moron

Pick three.

No, eating massive amounts of fat is not good for you. Keto is for idiots that don't actually want to diet and want an excuse to eat shit and feel good.

The vast majority of cholesterol is formed by your liver, dumbass.

Why do statins target cholesterol synthesis by the liver and not dietary fat absorption?

Because vegans are retarded

That picture does not support your post in the slightest. Dietary cholesterol has little impact on blood serum cholesterol.

well being an uninformed cuck is also an option i see

Good for being lean. Not efficient for building strength. Lift heavy = need carbs.

no it's a meme, fuck off back to r*ddit

There's one reason you hear so much about keto: it works. (if you want to lose fat).

I alternate between eating grilled chicken breast and veggies, grilled fish fillet and veggies, beef and veggies every night for dinner. I eat 4 scrambled eggs (2 yolks) with cheese every morning for breakfast. People who want to hide their heads in the sand will claim that's unhealthy, you don't have to be a nutritionist to know that's a healthier, more balanced diet than probably 95% of Americans.

I don't plan on doing it forever, but in the one month I've done it I've lost 15 pounds, I'm never hungry, and I sleep much better (with much more lucid dreams)

>vegetables
wow eating carbs I see? how keto of you

>15 pounds
14 of those were water weight. carbohydrates cause the body to store water, not eating carbs will cause the body to lose said water. hence why with more ketofaggots they lose shitloads in one go as it's just water weight, go on r*ddit to jerk off about how good keto is, then after a month their weight loss plateus with those who don't keto. eventually they go back on carbs and all the water weight comes back, they cry about muh sugar muh carbs and have a wierd chip on their shoulder about carbohydrates.

>14 lbs of water weight

Spot the moron. It's like 4g of water to 1g of carbs consumed. Can Google for the exact numbers if you want to see how dumb you are.

How fucking dare you, you wouldn't say that to my face else I'd knock you the fuck out

You obviously know nothing about keto, and I don't think my 85 lbs of weight loss was all water weight faggot

>vegetables
wow eating carbs I see? how keto of you
wtf are you talking about? Asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, etc have barely any carbs.
>14 of those were water weight.
literally wtf are you talking about tho. I started at 180 lbs, how could i lose 14 pounds of water weight in a few weeks while drinking atleast a gallon a day with completely clear piss, high energy, no headache, virtually no signs of dehydration.

see

Ok, tubbies enjoy living to 60 before the heart disease gets you. I'd say alzheimer's too, but that requires you guys to have functioning brains in the first place

It's all about calories you fucking retards. You don't need any specific diet to lose weight

Water and pussy juice, yeah.

not all calories are created equal. Eat 1800 calories of doritos and mountain dew a day, I'll eat 1800 calories of grilled chicken breast and veggies and well see who gets better results

I do have a functioning brain, that's why I know how science works.

If it's you and me, yeah I'll take that bet. I'll eat nothing but 1800 calories of your family's feces every day for a year, and you eat whatever you think is a "healthy" "diet" and then we'll meet up and fight. I guess I'll be seeing you each day for the feces delivery so maybe we'll be friends by then but I hope not. I want to beat your faggot face with a bellyful of your mother's shit pellets.

If it's about losing weight and it's controlled for starting weight, it literally does not make a difference. I'm not arguing nutrition and general health, but weight loss itself is pretty formulaic.

>Keto is good
No, you really don't

show me something PEER REVIEWED. PEER REVIEWED MOTHERFUCKER. i want the OPINION of SOMEONE WHO IS PEEING

Doesn't fat have more calories then carbs? Isn't that what is in the sticky?

I've lost 35lbs in 2 months without doing keto or any specific diet, merely eating less - I wasn't even particularly large to begin with. You're eating at leat 10x more than than the RDA of cholesterol for a month in a row from breakfast alone, that doesn't sound particularly fantastic to me though i'm not an expert, if it works then good for you.

kill yourselves braindead ketofags

if you can't have carbs how can you eat veg?

what in the absolute fuck is going on here

it's about losing fat, not weight, and obviously yes overall health is important to me (and should be to everyone). you can lose pure weight if by eating a small amount of junk food everyday but you will always be hungry, you will not get good sleep, you will not have energy, and you will not be happy.
this doesn't warrant a proper response

it's what happens when you do keto

but ketofags will argue that this is normal, just like how argue that shovelling down cholesterol and transfats is fine

ignore
>this doesn't warrant a proper response
that was meant for the retard who said he'll eat my family's shit and then beat me up.

I'm the guy who said he'd eat your family's shit. And may I say that I am DELIGHTED to see you begrudgingly type out a rehash of my shit-eating proposal. DELIGHTED. Not that I think I "gotcha" or anything, but it feels nice that I put something out into the world, and another being rolled the idea around in his head and spit it back out. We made a real connection today, Jason.

>2 egg yolks a day (~320mg)
>10x the amount of the RDA of cholesterol for a month in a row from breakfast alone(-~200mg/day)
might wanna check that math einstein

If you drink 2L soda everyday for a year do you get diabetes?

You can have like 30g of net carbs, fiberous veggies have very low net carbs

I eat more veggies on keto than before

>Vegancucks are complete faggots who do not know science or medicine
Wew lad it's almost as if science doesn't agree with veganism, enjoy your trans fats kek

@42597279
then you have a terribly pathetic life, but altruist in me is glad I could bring some fleeting glimmer of happyiness to it

>Thinking any vegan eats hydrogenated oils
Gee, I wonder what's in that steak and butter

>Doesn't know the basic chemistry of saturated fats

first post worst post tbqh senpai

Before your teens your baby balls drop,when you end your puberty and just before adulthood your balls will drop.
It's a beautiful process

Want to gain muscle
>you gotta eat protein

Want to lose fat
>It's just calories dude

How can people on Veeky Forums be this mentally stunted to not understand that these two statements are 100% incompatible?

Read my post again. The point was that science DOES support veganism and that the faggot who I was quoting is retarded.
enjoy your trans fats was an attack on meatards.

>Doesn't know there's trans fat in steak and butter
Why am I not surprised. Only a keto supporter could be this retarded

>mentally stunted male calling other people names
Gotta bring back forced sterilizations and exterminations

> implying keto isn't better for alzheimer's prevention since it is caused by lack of proper glucose fueling in the brain

>320 is 10 times larger than 6,000

youtube.com/watch?v=iCQmfRMwHfA

Random infographic does not equal proof. There are no trans fats in ground beef or pretty much all cheeses. Just lots of saturated fat .

What the fuck is this post?

Maybe its a meme diet. But hey Ive been eating more veggies than ever before in my life, drinking more water than ever before, learning how to cook, and dropping weight fast. I also basically never feel hungry due to all the fat and protein Ive been consuming.

>Being a retard who can't do a simple google search.
Somehow, someway I hope I find out that you died of heart disease
nytimes.com/2007/03/07/dining/07tran.html

>keto faggot!
>go back to sugar
>you can eat candy just watch calories
>go back to not cooking for yourself and buying fast food

Just do normal low carb and eat real sources of fats instead of beef and pork you fat fuck.
Sardines and other fatty fish, nuts, seeds, avocados, garnishing of cheese etc.
It doesn't stop there either and you can do a fucking lot just with what I listed, assuming you aren't retarded and there's plenty of other standard stuff in your diet too like veggies, berries and the like and some whole grains.
Basically just eat a normal fucking diet.

>how could i lose 14 pounds of water weight if I drink a lot of water
are you retarded? carbs turn into glycocen, which is stored in your muscles, which in turn causes water retention. If you arent eating carbs you aren't retaining as much water as you would be while eating carbs.

Yeah in ground beef but in regular beef its more like 4g in 300g

Who eats a quarter if a pound of butter?

Point is, as I have been saying since the start, the only real way to consume trans fats anymore is to eat animal products

>all trans fats are the same

CLA: How is it different than industrial trans fats?

Naturally occurring trans fats are formed when rumen bacteria in the stomachs of ruminant animals (cows, sheep, etc.) digest the grass the animal has eaten and form trans-rumenic and trans-vaccenic acid via biohydrogenation of polyunsaturated fats in the grass. Conjugated linoleic acid, or CLA, is a trans-rumenic acid that is found abundantly in grass-fed meat and dairy products, and to a lesser degree in grain-fed products. It is also produced in our bodies from the conversion of trans-vaccenic acid (VA) from those same animal products.

Industrial trans fats have slightly different chemical structures than those trans fats found in beef and butter (specifically, the location of the double bond). CLA also has contains both cis- and trans- bonds, whereas most industrial trans fats have only trans bonds. But these minor differences in structure lead to majorly different effects in the body, as has been shown in many clinical and epidemiological studies. (3) While industrial trans fats are shown to increase the risk of heart disease, cancer, and obesity, CLA and other trans fats found naturally in animal products are actually thought to decrease the risk of those diseases.
Health benefits of CLA

The major difference between CLA and industrial trans fats is the effect they have on heart disease and atherosclerosis. Several clinical and epidemiological studies have been performed, and meta-analysis of these studies suggests that natural trans fats from animal products are not associated with any increased risk of heart disease. (4) These studies have generally have shown either an inverse or no association between natural trans fat intake and heart disease across multiple geographical locations. (5)

advances.nutrition.org/content/2/4/332.long

No, its not what happens, fuck off back to the school of broscience
>OMFG LOOK AT THOSE 3.3 GRAMS OF TRANSFATS
>doesn't realize its 7 servings of butter
No human, keto or not, needs 7 servings of butter. And that's coming from a ketofag.

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you
At least my figure is an appropriate serving size.

When I did keto in 2015
I went from 220lbs to 195lbs
BUT at the lowest weight I had lost strength... my waist size had only dropped a couple inches... I couldn't lift anymore
I currently weigh 225lbs / 27% bf solely because I eat above my tdde

You respond to the wrong person? You basically said what I said in an angry tone

You are either very ignorant or a huge but animal products are not the only places you can get trans fats

>Thinking vegans actually eat margarine with trans fat in it
You assholes admit to whatever you do. But me and very other vegan I know eats trans fat free earth balance spread. Also, most margarines contain dairy such as added whey, sooooo

Are you a female or just mentally ill?

Didn't say you ate margarine retard, I was pointing out that trans fats
are in non-animal products too
Fuck off jesus I'm not shutting all over your diet choices, fuck outta mine
>beach please