Who would win in a no-hold barred street fight

Who would win in a no-hold barred street fight

Jon Jones or Brian Shaw

Other urls found in this thread:

bestgore.com/murder/russia-world-champion-powerlift-beat-death-khabarovsk/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=8ECmpxMPvQU
espn.com/mma/story/_/id/20422093/jon-jones-failed-drug-test-ufc-214-ufc-president-dana-white-says
youtube.com/watch?v=7MWICXeRH8U
youtu.be/23LR6pWEpKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

jon jones easily

maybe if he was like 5'1 vs 6.'8, but even then

if brian shaw has some fighting / wrestling past we don't know of than maybe it's more contested.

dat nigga will shoot him

You are absolutely retarded

Shaw just has to grab him and it's game over

He will literally push his thumbs into his eye sockets and cave his skull in

No amount of skill can overcome an almost 100 pound weight difference

no. jon jones is one of the best grapplers in the world. that means he has been training how to dodge or turn any type of "grab" to his advantage.

>no. jon jones is one of the best grapplers in the world. that means he has been training how to dodge or turn any type of "grab" to his advantage.
t. zero combat sport experience

No, YOU are absolutely retarded. no intelligent person would think that "just grabbing" a person you're in a fist fight with, especially a professional fighter, is a viable strategy. Please walk me through how you think Shaw would achieve this grab I must know.

This is literally you right now

bestgore.com/murder/russia-world-champion-powerlift-beat-death-khabarovsk/

game of thrones is not real life, sperg

>Who would win in a no-hold barred street fight
>fight
>A trained fighter
>A non trained athlete.
are you fucking dense?

120kg man dies to 70kg dyel

>wasting your 60 second post timer for a post that lacks any substance whatsoever
brainlets are so cute

honestly, jon would probably drive through a crowd of children a week before they fought and fuck everything.

Since Jon Jones just pissed hot for Turinabol and got stripped of his title, what is Turinabol?

they soak the Shroud of Turin in chicken broth, then wring it out into vials to sell. it gives you holy gains

Oh shit! Sign me up!

>Grabs Jones
>Jones breaks nose with headbutt
>Releases Jones out of pain
>Jones KOs with flying knee

GoT is not real senpai

Then run from the cops afterwards

It's something that fighters use when they're scared of getting popped for actual performance enhancers.

Does it actually effect performance? Not really. But it shows how desperate these fighters are that they'll fucking jam anything into their system to gain an advantage.

Nobody even gets caught for things that actually boost performance anymore. If you're going to cheat, cheat correctly. Bang test, cut with clen, tren hard, etc.

The funniest one I saw was Machida where he basically got caught with a placebo. Nobody fucking accidentally takes that shit and has it in their system, why would you even bother?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig

they're both roided to the gills anyway, so probably the one who can wrestlefuck the other one hard, meaning shaw wins.

ooooor since it's no holds barred, then whoever shoots a gun first.

>implying a guy weighing 400+ lbs doesn't have an advantage over a guy weighing 200lbs
>implying Jon Jones would be able to lift Brian Shaw off of him if Brian were to lay on him
>implying a guy with a literal 1000lb deadlift doesn't have the ability do rip an arm out of socket if he were to grab ahold of Jon Jones wrist
>implying Jon Jones can land a high kick almost an entire foot over his own head
>implying the only thing that matters in a fight is "experience"
>thinking that a blue belt in BJJ and a "black belt" in a made up martial art is the end all to combat experience
>ignoring the fact that weight classes have existed in every combat sport for a reason
>implying Brian Shaw doesn't actually have better work capacity than a coke head
>implying that if the fight was taken to the ground and Brian Shaw was put in a RNC that he couldn't just grab Jones' and crush it with the shear strength of his grip
>implying a single fucking elbow from Brian Shaw wouldn't shatter Jon Jones' jaw

Are you guys actually this fucking stupid...?

Depends on the circumstances. If it's extremely close quarters (think inside a crowded bar) Shaw could probably grab him and overpower him. But if Jones has any room to strike and move Jones by a mile.

but in the end jon jones is the best fighter the worlds ever seen and has forgotten more about fighting than shaw will ever know.

you really think jon wont figure out that he cant engage with shaw in those ways until hes gassed? hes literally the mozart of fighting

This
Literally see the end of the fight mountain crushed a mans head all he needs to catch u once

That reminds me of Pudz being the best fighter that ever lived.

Oh, that explains it! Now I know exactly what it is! Jesus Christ Veeky Forums can’t even explain steroids....

See

>no-holds barred street fight

Shouldn’t the mountain at least be able to hold on to Conor?

Of course he can’t you stupid fuckwit. Go watch ufc 1 you fucking retard.

>just grab him
Its not easy to just grab a person who has fighting experience and is more than ready to defend himself. If you actually want to grab such a guy, you need to force him to commit a mistake. Bait out a big punch, make him overcommit. Most likely big guys like brian shaw who dont have real combat experience just try to charge in recklessly and start throwing bombs. What happens when you do that against a real fighter?
youtube.com/watch?v=8ECmpxMPvQU
This happens.
I am not saying that being a bigger dude isnt an advantage, it is, but you need to fucking know how to utilise it. Lets say you are taller and have longer reach with your kicks and your punches. If you have good footwork and know how to control the distance, you can use that to your advantage and keep your opponent out more effectively and punish his attempts to get in. Thats good, but you still need skill to capitalise on this advantage effectively.
The truth is that a bigger fighter has an advantage over a smaller fighter, but a bigger strongman doesnt have an advantage over a fighter.

Go watch that video of that amateur MMA fighter killing a 120kg powerlifting champion in 15 seconds. The weight classes are there because two trained fighters having large discrepancies in weight caused unfair advantages, not because random fatfuck powerlifters could walk in and destroy everyone.

>Gerard Gordeau has a 1000lb Deadlift, weighs 400lbs, and is has 20 inch forearms

>120kg is the same as 190kg

And neither are action movies

Reread your greentext you child

How the fuck would that help the untrained man more than a fighter? Especially since Jon Jones is the dirtiest fighter within the rules almost ever.

>hey Jon, you're incredibly dirty, but we're going to give you no rules for your next fight in a street fight. Hope you don't come up with some new dirty stuff.

But anyway, Pudz sucks with rules. He doesn't become some unbeatable force without. And Pudz is highly trained unlike Shaw. Look at someone like Minowaman to see how a trained fighter can beat freaks. Now imagine someone 3 times as strong, bigger, and 10 times more talented.

And it's not even like Jones is weak either. He can still dl 600 pounds. While being incredibly skilled. He knows how to strike. He knows how to grapple, he knows how to hurt people within rules. Shaw does not.

At first I thought you were ignorant. I now realize that you are stupid.

>An amateur MMA fighter is the same as Jon Jones

>Jon Jones is known for eye pokes so in a fist fight to the death he can beat the guy whose forearm is bigger than Jon Jones' upper leg
>pudz is 6'1 and 250lbs but he's a strong man so it's the same as Brian Shaw who is 6'9 and 400lbs
>Jon Jones deadlifts 600lbs sumo! Brian Shaw doesn't have the kinesthetic knowledge required to bear hug Jones off his feet until his rips crack!

Jon Jones is as good a prime Royce Gracie

Brilliant refutation

fighting is not intuitive bro if shaw has never trained he would have no chance whatsoever

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There is literally nothing in my greentext that I havent seen IRL

I'm not even sure what you mean by the Gracie comment. Are you trying to say that Jones is one of the best BJJ practitioners of all time like that's a bad thing or am I missing something?

Seriously. It's like these dudes never wrestled or seem competitive fights in their entire lives.

Everyone ITT seems to have forgotten about Jones' literal 7.05 feet wingspan. He could fuck up Brian Shaw without him getting close enough to attempt a single or double leg.

It's still kinda sad to see how many retarded people on Veeky Forums think otherwise. There seem to be more people ITT picking Jones, which is good, but a lot of people here have some work to do.

>Jon Jones is as good as prime Royce Gracie

Typo, it's late...

Brain Shaw has way more advantages than a random dutchman that knows savate and Jon Jones is no where CLOSE to Royce Gracie when it comes to BJJ...

I guarantee that 99% of these anti-MMA posters are skinny fat DYELS who aren't even strong - they just hate the idea that you need to do more than lift weights to be a decent fighter. You know, the kinda dudes who don't even train cardio, let alone any real combat sport.

Just because he can move heavy objects it doesn't mean he knows the 1st thing about a fight. I'm surprised how often mongoloids ask this type of question.

I have a feeling you guys are 5'8, 160lb former mediocre highschool wrestlers that started watching UFC events around the 170s.

>bear hugging until ribs crack

you're right, if Shaw attempted a bear hug in hopes of crushing a man to death, Jones would probably be so stunned by the utter stupidity of such a move that he might stop throwing elbows and punches which Shaw has now given him a perfect range to do for a couple seconds out of pity and slight regret for having to knock out a retarded person.

wrestlers are tough man. a mediocre 160 lb wrestler could fuck up 90% of grown men

I don't actually think Jones is anywhere near as good as Gracie in BJJ, that was just me trying to make sense of your comment but I see what you meant now. Jones however is a much more accomplished striker than Gracie and competes at a larger weight as well.

Oh, and what makes you think that?

What would happen if Brian Shaw were to happen to grab a leg kick with both hands and just jerk and pull Jon Jones' leg as hard he could? What happens if Brain shaw lands a punch to Jon Jones' head? Serious question.

Knew it.
>Being THIS fucking delusional

Probably the same retarded logic that makes him think a strongman with exactly 0 training could pose even a vague threat to an elite LHW like Jon Jones.

farmers walks, pullups, deadlifts, shrugs, curls
most back exercises (which consist of pulling motions) work your grip

Hit close to home huh?

How does Brian Shaw know what a telegraphed head kick looks like? Jones could easily daze him with a combination to the head, then kick him from the same blind spot he created.

man, Veeky Forums is absolutely retarded when it comes to this shit. a professional fighter will beat the shit out of someone who doens't know how to fight even if they have 100+ lbs on them especially slow as strong men who will gas trying to shoot for a takedown or after a few slow af looping punches that can be seen a mile away

>Knew it

What makes you think this, though? It's not a hard question. Could it be that you're projecting, seeing as I'm neither 5'8", 160 lbs, and I didn't start to train wrestling until university?

Just throwing these questions to the wind - I don't expect you to answer, seeing as you've dodged every serious question ITT thus far.

WHO WOULD WIN
A. greatest fighter of all time
B. some fat fuck (but hes strong)
who makes these retarded threads

>grab a leg kick

He'd stoop down and leave his head open to get lit up, maybe even eat a head kick if Jones is quick enough. Since you're assuming he can actually catch it, where does Shaw go from there? Does he use his superhuman grip to crush Jone's calf? Does he start spinning and throw him across the room? Or does he eat punches that he's put himself in range for, completely defenseless, until he drops it?

>lands one punch

I'd assume what he's used to doing for his entire career: keep fighting. Do you honestly think that Shaw could knock out Jones with ONE punch? Please seek help.

People don't realise just how important cardio is in a fight, nor do they realise how crazy Jon Jones' conditioning is. He can fight at 80% capacity for 25 straight minutes, but I doubt Brian Shaw can even run 5k at any pace.

It's what got East Germany pretty much every single medal they ever won in anything.

i dont know the answer op, but 400lbs of raw muscle vs 200 lbs of fighting machine is something i would definitely pay to watch..
id give the nod to Jones, but with some luck Shaw could break his body.
also it's not 100lbs he has on Jones, it over 200.. i've seen Shaw irl... he is a freak of nature.. and it's kind of absurd ppl like him exist

>What would happen if Brian Shaw were to happen to grab a leg kick with both hands and just jerk and pull Jon Jones' leg as hard he could?
You understand there needs to be a counterforce for that do actually do anything right?

>What happens if Brain shaw lands a punch to Jon Jones' head?
He has 0 striking technique so his punches would be ineffective at best

espn.com/mma/story/_/id/20422093/jon-jones-failed-drug-test-ufc-214-ufc-president-dana-white-says
related. Jones is on the juice

Strength has absolutely nothing to do with punching power, because lifting (push or pull movements) have you acting against the weight over a relatively long period of time, whereas punching is a snapping motion. If you want to develop power, you need to perfect your technique - of which Brian Shaw has none.

Again, Jones has a wingspan of over 7 feet, which is really fucking long, even for his height of 6'4". For reference, Stefan Struve (who's 7' tall, which is 3" more than Brian Shaw) has a shorter reach than Jones.

You're implying that Jones can kick at roughly 170 degree angle to deliver a kick to Shaw's head...do you not think Shaw would be able catch just a single kick that lands at around his upper arm...

>Starting to wrestle in college
>being anything other than mediocre

>calls everyone disagreeing with him a skinny fat DYEL
>accuses others of projecting

>He has 0 striking technique so his punches would he ineffective at best
You should look up what momentum is

Do you not think that a man that weighs 400lbs and can clean and press 450lbs cannot deliver enough force to knock someone out in one punch to the jaw?

Some fat fuck is an understatement

Shaw is literally one of strongest humans to ever exist

A goddamn freak of nature

Watch the video of him beating world 100 meter row record with no training, on the spot

He can literally snap Jones ankle in half by squeezing it

t. someone who has never trained in any fighting discipline

>You should look up what momentum is

So let me get this straight, you DISAGREE that punching power comes from technique? And then you tell me that Shaw can generate more momentum than Jones, despite likely having a shorter reach (see the Stefan Struve point) and absolutely no technique?

I feel silly for giving you time of day. I should've realise you were trolling from the very beginning, why else would you say such retarded, blatantly false shit?

Even if you're strong as fuck there's technique in grabbing and holding onto someone. Leverage, grips, base, and other factors would make Shaw pretty worthless in a fight against the best in the world.

Have you ever tried to grab a high level grapplers wrist who doesn't want you to? I don't care how strong you are you won't be able to

U obviously have never fought in your life faggot

Wait, if it's a no-holds barred street fight, couldn't Jones just throw a quick teep to Shaw's balls and end it right there? It's not like Shaw knows what a front kick looks like, let alone how to check one.

I'll put it like this, Jones would be no more likely to go out from a single punch to the jaw from Shaw than he would from taking the same punch from any of the fighters hes gone up against. You're seriously overestimating how much of an effect lifting has on punching power. Fighters known for their knockout ability almost always knockout with several, well placed punches, preferably with their opponent getting caught turning into their punch as it hits them. Even then, most of the time the knockout is more of a knockdown rather than an out-cold knockout. People, especially those in a profession where a good chin is almost a necessity, are not nearly as easy to knock out cold as you think.

>youtube.com/watch?v=7MWICXeRH8U

Ahem.

>this is what powerfatties actually believe

embarrassing

Jon Jones easy

I don't care how much you lift, a punch to the face is a punch to the face. Brock Lesnar is a freak but his striking is shit compared to his wrestling. On top of that, I guarentee you shaw probably would be predictable with his movements which fighters are trained to react to accordingly.

youtu.be/23LR6pWEpKU

Are you actually mentally challenged?

Are you? Jones would merc any heavyweight non-fighter. Hell, he'd merc most of the heavyweight fighters, aside from maybe Cain and Stipe.

Why is this board so insecure when lifting is "threatened".

Shaw can outlift Jones
Jones going out fight Shaw

Lifting heavy weights doesn't make you the best at everything fitness-related

Because they want lifting to do everything. Make them a fighter, get laid, people like them, etc.

in a sufficiently small space, like a bathroom, Shaw wins 8/10 or so. No room to maneuver or circle, striking is limited, Shaw would likely ram Jones into a wall or lay on him and that's gg. Anywhere that's not a small enclosed area, Jones wins >9/10.

Dc does the reverse cm punk

who would win in a fight, puny 400 lb brian shaw vs 600 lb, sumo wrestling champ emmanuel yarbrough?

>He will literally push his thumbs into his eye sockets
Ummm, you got this backwards sweety pie. That's what Jones would do

>Shaw just has to grab him and it's game over
Jones is faster, has miles better conditioning and even has a significant reach advantage. He has been taken down like twice in his entire career. If other world class fighers are unable to do it, why would Brian Shaw be successful?

>No amount of skill can overcome an almost 100 pound weight difference
lmao yes it can, especially when were talking about untrained VS GOAT fighter.

>bear hug Jones off his feet until his rips crack!
>He can literally snap Jones ankle in half by squeezing it
All these imply he would get a hold of Jones, which he most probably wouldn't.

>What would happen if Brian Shaw were to happen to grab a leg kick with both hands and
You make it sound like it's easy. There's a reason his kicks don't get caught even by other world class fighters, so once again, why would an untrained powerlifter be able to do it?

>You should look up what momentum is
Shaw's telegraphed ass punches wouldn't hit Jones, his only chance is grappling into ground & pound. In order to do this he has to close the distance, and in the transition between those states Jones has several opportunities to strike and/or create more distance. Being nice enough to say that Shaw wouldn't get knocked out standing already in the beginning, his unconditioned ass would tire after a couple of failed takedown attempts, and after that he would get picked apart.

if Shaw threw some fried chicken and weed on the floor, Jones would be occupied long enough for Shaw to OHP him to death.

This is a 'fitness" that only talks about lifting and bodybuilding when those things aren't the core of health or fitness
If anyone posts the body of a real athlete they get shunned as begin DYEL
They think cardio kills gains
Half the board doesn't even care about strength and just wants to look pretty
Their ideal body is a stubby bodybuilder who can't move for shit
People here are too autistic to do real sports, they're all nonathletic as fuck too
What do you expect?

>itt: fat powerlifters that believe their superior strength will win from technique and experience with dealing/taking all kinds of powerful blows

I train for strength as well, but damn, seeing that powerlifter get straight up murdered makes me think twice about fighting mma dyels.

jon

cringe

>confirmed for never watching early UFC

>ignoring the fact that weight classes have existed in every combat sport for a reason

also confirmed for never watching early UFC

Shaw IS 6'8 and I think almost 400 lbs.

Two of that smaller guy would still get owned

6'8 over 400lbs one of the strongest men ever is not your average fat fuck