Did lifting weights actually improve your life?

Did lifting weights actually improve your life?

still no gf so no

Definitely. I used to be a fat piece of shit, now I'm not a fat piece of shit.
It's nice being able to walk up two flights of stairs without being out of breath.

Yes it definitely improved my life.

I started looking better and being healthier.

Yep, helps integrate dat dere shadow

It gave me confidence and turns out all you need in life to improve all aspects of it is confidence.

So it helped me greatly.

Yes. Was a fat anti social shit and lost weight and gained confidence. As soon as I started getting confident with women I got a 9/10 virgin gf and that lasted several years. Got fat again but continued lifting as a hobby and even though I weight the same when I was a fat shit I have so much more muscle and now have 2nd virgin gf who is 10/10.

Feel like I'm not worthy/don't know what I did to deserve this but I'm running with it.

I have Veeky Forums, Zyzz, and the gym to thank.

subhuman

I am a greek

Still no Cobie, so no.

Its funny, a lot people tell me the way i look and the way i act and talk is so different. This is what happens when u live 20 years as an uggo and suddenly ascend to having good aesthetics.

Without a doubt. I'm stronger, I have a lot more endurance and stamina than I did before, and no longer am I a fatty. It's stuff you don't really notice after a while but it makes an incredible difference in your day to day life. Mentally I've improved, too, I'm way more confident, motivated, disciplined and happier. This isn't even mentioning the improvements I've experienced from how people treat me differently (most of the time for the better).

>he believes women who claim to be virgins
>he's a fat fuck and expects people to believe he scored a 10/10

Went from auschwitz mode to athletic in 1.5 years.
Men will respect you, women will subtly mire and find excuses to touch you, kids will always want to play with you and sloots will beg for you dick.
So yea, lifting improved my life.

not really, nobody seems to gives a shit + i'm more self-conscious at the beach even though i'm fitter than most people there

>better posture
>feel strong
>more confidence
>more people look at me
>body more healthy overall
yes

Boosted my confidence, helped me to get on better with others so it has improved my social skills and made life more enjoyable. Plus the improved strength and endurance makes me feel greatr as well.

Basically this.

Worse. I now baby body dismorphia and slight depression. Nothing is ever good enough

yes lifting has helped me immensely

by sheer conincidence, most of my friends are 6'5 - 6'8. I'm 5'9. Lifting made them respect my opinion more.

>No gf
>Last girl I dated talked to me a bunch, now sends no messages
>Need to retake exam
>Med school is absolute shit
Fuck everything right now

Sure, it sent me on path of self-improvement and discovery, ultimately leading to spirituality, so now i'm much happier than before even though my body is pretty shit and i lift shit weights two times a week.

>by sheer conincidence, most of my friends are 6'5 - 6'8.
Keep telling yourself that manlet

6 years in

if i had a good workout - yes
if i had a bad workout - i fucking hate lifting

Lifting weights improved my life.

Finding Veeky Forums made it worse though.

I'm now a confident shut in.

>5'8
>was never even aware of the manlet meme until i started lifting and subsequently browsing fit
>Think about height for a good portion of every day now
I want to go back

Same desu.

In some ways, yeah. I have more confidence and I'm much bigger. I'm really proud of my lifts coming from being a skelly.
>275 lb bench
>365 lb squat
>455 lb deadlift
>185 lb OHP
>5:45 mile

Not elite tier by any means, but I definitely think I've "made it" in terms of where I want to be on my lifts. Now I'm more interested in getting cut and getting my mile down to about 5:00.

Hell yes. Being stronger and leaner has positive effects in so many areas of your life, from health to the faces women make when you penetrate them... everybody should lift.

before i was a fat weak miserable piece of shit

now i'm just a miserable piece of shit who picks up heavy shit and puts it back down 5 days a week

improvement i guess

yes because working out the thing you're inhabiting and that makes you possible to exist in this world,

AND
the positive feedback you get from knowing you're doing things you KNOW you're supposed to be doing,

both trigger domino effects across all parts of your life. It really does alter your mindset and can straight up lift you out of depression.

It's taken me a couple loops of falling in/out of consistently working out to recognize this pattern within myself.
Life is more manageable when I'm taking care of myself first.

5 11 here, Veeky Forums doesnt affect me, im considered tall here in DR

Yes, I have more energy, the poops I take are quick and painless with no mess, I have so much stamina I feel that I could do anything I put my mind to.

Except talk to girls. I'm still full sperg mode there.

No, I don't lift. It's for compensating mentally ill people. Money is a way more important factor in regards of having a >gf.

>deliberately choosing transactional sex

oh the irony.

It let me feel comfortable masturbating to more attractive images of women

>Except talk to girls. I'm still full sperg mode there.

I know the feeling.

where do you keep finding these virgins

Yes, significantly. I'm doing better in school, with women, at work, everything.

kindergarten obviously

Do you have autism you retarded virgin. You have to have income/money to have a girlfriend. I wasn't talking about paying a hooker.

Woah, cool story on the internet nigger xD

I'm also 5'11 and also considered tall in my country but I'd give anything to be 6'4

Definitely.
>make few gains
I'm gonna have to eat more protein
>get fatter
I'm gonna have to diet properly
>rest period getting incredibly longer
Wow i should stop smoking and do some cardio

to add to this, actually been considering suicide as a non meme thing, it's really not gonna get any better desu.

got me gf...yes

I used to hit the gym for about 6 months but ended up fucking up my arm so bad I couldn't continue for a while. However that made me realize that I really need some form of physical exercise as I'm getting older (24yr old skelly here). Decided to start boxing and wasn't really that much into gym anymore.

Now all I do is boxing 2 times a week and BJJ 2 times a week. I think martial arts work way better for my ADHD brain than hitting the gym ever did.

So I'd say yea, lifting weights improved my life but I wouldn't say lifting is necessarily the best form of physical exercise for everyone unless you're really into BB aesthetics or enjoy the gym lifestyle. I think it set me on the right path of enjoying and realizing the benefits of working out. Also the cardio aspect of martial arts may have worked a bit on my overall mood/energy/whatever compared to just lifting since I never had the discipline to do cardio in the gym. The obligatory stretching doesn't hurt either.

Point here is, if you're enjoying lifting and you have the discipline required to hit the gym, then great! But if you're struggling to find the positives of it then maybe you should try something else. There are loads of hobbies you can try that will burn fat and build muscle if that's a part of your goal while having fun. For instance I have many friends who do bouldering and they're all in great shape, maybe slightly weak legs ofc but who gives a shit.

Yes. Lifting and martial arts literally made me go from hating myself and my physical body to loving it and having sky high confidence and getting laid all the time. Lifting is the ultimate depression cure. It is the cure for everything.

"For the truly fortunate man, his body is a breathing image of his self respect."
>words to live by m8

FUCK OFF YOU FAT PIECE OF GARBAGE

I feel 100% better physically.

>tfw when you see literally bum with a gf

That's because you live in DR......

Sitting/standing/hanging out is 10x more comfy when your body is fit and sturdy. Life is tangibly better this way.

Chill out Lugo.

>gf is a measurement for the goodness of life

kys

is mate

this

Life went from constant misery, joint aches and breathing issues to just pleasant existence.

getting fit wont improve your social life. but it gives you a solid foundation. you can then start working on improving the rest of you.
one of the biggest things it done for me was that it allowed me learn to love myself.
if you don't like yourself, nobody else will like you.

Women get wet when they see my body and guys want to have my body.

But lifting doesn't really change your charachter so I remained that guy that's awkward with women. It gave me a confidence boost though, that's why I don't have a hard time approaching women - since they're almost always pretty open for it - but I genuinly screw it after 5 mins of convo because it starts getting to them that I'm a weirdo that doesn't relate to their feelings

>everybody should lift

Fuck that, women already have it good enough when it comes to choosing men. Less should lift, that way bitches can learn to settle like most men do.

I was a friendless, directionless, loser who was failing an easy degree in university. I was skinny fat, and had horrible hair.

I started lifting and not only did my body start looking better, but my confidence skyrocketed. I could actually go outside without having a minny panic attack. So my grades started to pick up and I aced my first test the other day. I made some friends, not many, but it's hard to learn how to do this while 19, and I'll hopefully continue to make more.

Overall life before lifting = 3/10
Overall life afterwards = 7/10

It helped me gain the discipline to make sure life didn't get worse.

Essentially

>Feel like I'm not worthy/don't know what I did to deserve this but I'm running with it.
because you arent, enjoy having won the lottery

try aspergers, social anxiety, stammering and clinical depression
man the fuck up nigger

Thanks Ru Paul

Good shit user, lifting also made me enjoy life more; it gave me confidence that allows me to be comfortable around people.

Yes

>implying women would settle and this wouldn't just create more /r9k/ tier wizard virgins and crazy psycho bitch 30 year old women.

haha good meme friend

>looking better
>feeling better
>increased confidence
>learned discipline

Nah you don't necessarily need to have much money if you're attractive. If a woman is with you for your money it's a relationship built on transactional sex (instead of passionate sex, where she's actually into you). You should probably lift too, it might calm you down.

I find it easier to be in my body and be in the world.

No but calisthenics does

still bloated

I have no trouble holding and keeping a conversation going but it doesn't take long for a girl to notice how "weird" or non normie I am. And I'm fucking terrible at hiding it. How to into normie mode lads?

I know plenty of lifting autistics with ugly girlfriend.

Bet most of u havent banged girls as cute as trumps last 5 girls amd the niggeh like 70. The brain is the sexiest thing out there

>Brain
No the wallet is

> Be me 7 years ago, lazy skeleton mode uni student not studying and going nowhere in life
> Start lifting
> Got ottermode in like 5 months
> Saw a hot girl in a club, exactly my type
> Shit, she likes me too, is it supposed to be like this?
> Married her a year later
> Being a poorfag supported by wife feels awful
> Start studying super hard and finish uni in no time. This was all the motivation I needed.
> Land an awesome job, work super hard cause of that great motivation
> Couple of years later, got an amazing raise, wife doesn't have to work anymore

So yeah, lifting kinda led to improving my life.

Same desu.
t. 5'9

On the one hand I've become far more confident because tfw looking good in the nude and I'm /fit enough to handle tasks that require a certain level of fitness like moving heavy stuff with ease. In fact, I actually enjoy physically demanding work.

On the other hand, I generally dislike fat people the moment I lay eyes on them, I've become judgemental as fuck, people bitching about stuff that I view as mundane drives me up the walls and I can't stop noticing small imperfections about others and myself.

"The moment you start lifting is the moment you become forever small" hits closer to home than I'd like to admit but hey, it's better than being a fatass! I guess ...

>Life is more manageable when I'm taking care of myself first.

Definitely

>Acne cleared up noticeably
>Looked like a normal human not a skeleton
>Ditched fat lazy GF
>Got cute dancer GF
>Girls at parties want to talk to me
>Guys respect me more, no longer the whipping boy

>start lifting
>stop working
>quit college in final year
>no job for almost a year now
>ran out of money last month
>can't even pay car insurance anymore
>can't pay for gym anymore

Guess not, it's probably not the lifting though

GET
A
JOB

NOW LET THE MUSIC

PLAYYYYY

HEY KITTY GUUURL

Lifting hasn't improved my life, but it has improved the illusion that I have.

No.

No

I've got you user

pay debts

Fuck yes. I had light moobs and stomach fat because of no muscle. Now I look slightly above average but that's WORLDS better for my confidence.

church

This is the way its supposed to work. Women are cheerleaders, inspiration, motivation etc... they make men greater.

Let me see:
-Improved my health;
-Improved my self-esteem;
-Mires everywhere;
-Got called "hot";

But... no gf.

Lifting weights and muscles doesn't magically bring you girls, you still gotta work on your social skills which should be easier with a healthy lifestyle.

Thank You

>start Veeky Forums 6 years ago
>beta, virgin, high school senior with oneitis
>used to vent here about virginity in threads with feelsbrah and the boys my freshman year of college
>get jacked throughout the process
>slowly shed awkwardness
>11 girls later, a couple of girlfriends, ups and downs, Veeky Forums successes, natty peak, graduated, still uncomfortable with my girl situation
>got the same girl pregnant twice in 3 months on accident

that's where I'm at now

you be the judge

yes I think I've turned into a nigger

I'm in better shape and healthier obviously but I'd probably have just as many friends (not very many, maybe 2 or 3 at best) and no gf, even if I were a fat unhealthy fuck with no hobbies. So in the end it doesn't even matter.

Yeah, although I already had a gf before starting to go to the gym.