What's the best way to lose belly fat? I don't have enough money and time to go to the gym

What's the best way to lose belly fat? I don't have enough money and time to go to the gym.

Stop eating like a pig. Not like you have the willpower to do that, you fat piece of shit.

>not enough money
>not enough time
pick one

try not eating

Yeah, if you have neither you're doing a really shit job at living.

Run dude run

Fat is not about exercise, its about diet.

eat whole unprocessed foods that are as close to the natural state as possible.

chicken breasts from the meat department instead of chicken tenders in the frozen department. Home cooked meals instead of tv dinners.

Watch your calories. and for fucks sake, stop drinking your calories. You can literally just not eat for a day or two per week as well.

1. Count calories
2. Only eat 1500kcal/day for the next year.

>You can literally just not eat for a day or two per week as well.

what the fuck?

This is probably the smartest post I've seen on Veeky Forums.

its called fasting, user is right

not OP but I have an issue

>weigh 300lb
>lose 90 pounds over a year or so
>stomach is still way fatter than the rest of my body

I lost weight with a combination of gym and dieting but my stomach is still fat as fuck. What can I do?

same here, rest of my body is fine but my belly is too fat

eat stop eat bruh

half of your problems will be solved if you start eating chicken breast, potatoes and brocoli for the rest of your life, you'll save money and lose weight, now start doing calisthenics and you'll be in good shape in about 17 years

The idea of fasting blows normies away. People literally think you're starving yourself if you don't eat 3 meals a day. People are wondering how I'm alive eating 2 meals every 2 days, and that's before I tell them I just drank water for 5 days straight. I've experienced zero negative health effects.

stop eating

are your cognitive skills affected?

motor skills?

do you feel tired/sluggish?

Yeah. you see its this thing we used to a hundred thousand years ago when there was no food around.

Fat is an energy storage mechanism to transport that energy from times of plenty to times of famine.

You've had your time of plenty fatty. you've had too much fucking plenty. Time for some famine.

Think about it this way. you're at your current weight because of how you eat. Everyone, including this entire board will suggest at least a 500 calorie deficit to lose weight. Maybe you're too fucking lazy to count calories. Maybe a calorie restricted diet challenges your will power. I dunno what the reason might be. But lets assume you typically eat 3,000 calories a day. If you fast for two days a week, thats a 6,000 calorie reduction over a 7 day period for a net loss of ~850 calories a day.

Me personally. I eat whatever the fuck I want and however much I want. If my weight trendline starts to go up too much, I just stop eating for two or three straight days to get my fat ass back in check.

Ive got better things to do than to sit and weigh out and measure portions. And I feel infinitely better eating to satiety instead of saying "oh, nope, I cant have that extra piece of meatloaf Im craving, Im at my calorie limit for the day."

Stop buying so much food and you will have enough money for the gym and bullshit you dont have time

So lets say I'm going to bed hungry, my body will burn fat yes? I'm always hungry late at night and I sometimes eat a little snack before going to bed.

fpbp

belly fat, lovehandles, and man tits are ALWAYS the last thing to go when losing weight. It's gonna take a long ass time but if you want it gone (and you do) you have to work longer and even harder. try lifting as well

but user has a strict regime of vidya and hentai to adhere to

this is how I know you're fat, do you think if you're a little bit hungry that you'll starve to death?

>plenty and famine
>not feast and famine

holy shit I'm 209lb

>be skinnyfat
>look skinny but have a bit of fat on the sides/belly that I'd like to lose
>but if I lose more weight I'll go full skeleton mode
What do?

do you want to be a skeleton or do you want to look like a skinnyfat goober?

Go to bed hungry. its fucking good for you.

Eating non stop 24/7 isnt good for you.

hunger is NOT a physical sensation, its entirely hormonal and extremely complicated involving numerous signal pathways.

the biggest contributing pathway is leptin and insulin. Leptin is released by fat cells that say "We're stocked up, good to go." Leptins normal response is to increase CNS activity and downregulate the vagus nerve which is the system that makes you feel typical hunger.

the thing is though that insulin interferes with that operation. Insulins primary goal is to shuttle glucose energy into cells. but Its also meant to increase weight gain.

there are two times in your life when putting on excess weight is desirable. Puberty and Pregnancy. during these periods the body becomes naturally more resistant to insulin leading to even more insulin in the blood where it keeps pressure on the leptin receptor sites to ignore leptin. This means decreased spontaneous activity and increased appetite. Sound familiar? Would you rather watch a movie or go for a two hour walk? Have good control over your appetite or do you always feel hungry?

OK. So youve got too much insulin floating around. Let's figure out how to lower it. Should we lower it by eating 6-8 times a day? Nah, that will keep insulin spiked. OH! I know! Lets just not fucking eat.

want proof? Tell your doctor you want a fasting glucose trst and that you want to add in an insulin level check.

If you're fat Im willing to wager my entire life savings, 401k, and my literal 40 acre farm that your fasting insulin is at or over 25mIU/L.

this is the rrason low carb and keto diets are so effwctive at weight loss. Control your insulin.

also, dude
breakfast. Break Fast. it cant be called breakfast if you haven't fasted

>breakfast. Break Fast. it cant be called breakfast if you haven't fasted
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

But what if I look even more like shit then?
I mean the main reason I want to lose this fat is because my chest has 0 visible muscles so my hips area looks larger than my chest by a little bit, which I think looks like shit. But I have no idea if this will actually make me look better, that's the problem
Besides even if I will look better is it really healthy for me to become that skinny? I just don't know man.

Workout your delts and lats to fix your frame, fuck off on the squats for now.

Go on a keto diet or 50 net carbs a day(don't count fiber as carbs) if you can't do this you have no true motivation for weight loss in which case lift heavy and daily.

>hips larger than your chest
you look like absolute shit, go skelly
or even better, lift some weights while cutting out mostly carbs

No
No
No

This may blow your mind fatty but before agriculture people didn't eat every day.

>You can literally just not eat for a day or two per week as well.
this. when i was a skellyfag i could eat 1 modest meal per day (600-900 cal) and function perfectly well while dropping 5-10 lbs in like a month. pretty i could still do that, would just kill my gym performance. STOP EATING LIKE A FUCKING PIG if you want to lose weight.

Just for fun. Here's a screenshot from a friend's phone I convinced to just stop eating. He just sent me it this morning to check in.

he started on Jun 18th at 295 with a 5 day fast. He eats whatever he wants. I haven't changed his diet yet because 9 times out of 10 thesevfat fucks do it on their own once their hormone shit gets corrected.

Hes still eating frozen pizzas, tv dinners, Arbys, and shitty food. But he's throwing in fasting days, a minimum of 2 per week.

This weight chart starts last month when he did a 6 day fast. Again hes still on 2 days of fasting a week with no dietary changes.

His trendline is at 258, from 295. 37lbs lost over a 60 day period. His description so far "I really dont feel like im on a diet at all, this is the easiest 40lbs Ive ever lost.

The best part is that he's started spontaneously exercising by going out for walks without any encouragement from me. When asked why his response was he "felt like he needed to get out of the fucking house". His house has never been cleaner, and hes been outside painting the house instead of paying someone to do it like he was planning on.

>responding to a fatty who didn't even bother to read the sticky
>not just telling him to read the fucking sticky
I want nu/fit/ to go

>Me personally. I eat whatever the fuck I want and however much I want. If my weight trendline starts to go up too much, I just stop eating for two or three straight days to get my fat ass back in check.

Ive got better things to do than to sit and weigh out and measure portions. And I feel infinitely better eating to satiety instead of saying "oh, nope, I cant have that extra piece of meatloaf Im craving, Im at my calorie limit for the day."

this is fatlogic. you a fatty? if not, stop thinking like one.

Drink bleach everyday, it will burn up all your belly fat

That's some good progress, but those sudden spikes look real scary to me.

How do you fucking fast without feeling dizzy/having cramps? I tried fasting and having water with a pinch of salt, no matter what i do i just feel shitty and lasted 3 days of this bullshit. The salt made my chest hurt and my face bloat up no matter the amount (tried anything from 1/6 teaspoon and less). I try potassium amd magnesium for cramps (about 1000 mg potassium and 300 mg magnesium) but they wont go away.
I dont get those people that can manage a week or longer with pure water and nothing additional.

That's just water retention. For example on the 27th according to his food log, when he went from 261 to 265 he had chinese which is loaded with sodium. All of the big spikes I can attribute to water weight fluctuation.

That's really cool. Good for your friend.

Unless you're working outside for 8 hours a day in the sun or doing an extended fast of a week or more, then just quit it with the salt. Your don't need it.

Unless you're displaying symptoms of metabolic syndrome then the idea of multiple days fasting shouldn't be a consideration of yours.

Just do one or two days a week for fat loss. It's incredibly effective and you don't have to deal with the whole fasting thing. One day at a time is something the body will handle just fine. day 2 and 3 are the hard ones, and sometimes day 4 for those with advanced metabolic syndrome.

While I'm not really problematicly overweight, I wanna lose a couple of pounds bellyfat while maintaining a lifting schedule. What's the best way about this? Any tips?

IF 16:8 if you intend to do a full lifting regimen.

With this approach you get the bennefits of an extended fasting window with it's associated fat metabolism, reduced insulin etc. And you get regular energy for your lifts. If you want to encourage even more fat loss in this circumstance, then do a single day of water fasting a week and limiting yourself to light or moderate aerobic cardio. try to stay out of the anaerobic zone for reasons.

>being this informed and retarded at the same time
Which is exactly why you shouldn't fast. You should eat little and often. Starving yourself for a day or 2 will cause your body to store more fat.

out of the more than two dozen people who have come to me for help losing weight, all of them have a 100% success rate at losing weight and keeping it off. Only one guy has put some weight back on, but the 20lbs he regained is significantly less than the 240lbs he's lost.

I'll stick with recommending not fucking eating instead of calorie restriction which all of them failed at for one reason or another.
>inb4 fatties have no willpower
No. they don't have the willpower to ignore hormonal responses. Hence why every single one of them said that this was the easiest weight they've ever lost.

If a guy has 300lbs of body fat to live off it's different story. For someone just trying to lose a bit of weight and keep it off it generally get in better shape, starving themselves isn't efficient or good for them.

>Not eating for a day
>Starving

Brainwashed

Totally agree

Unless you eat like a fucking pig the rest of the time, then a day of no food at all is starving yourself you fucking idiot.

I eat 1000 calories a day in an 8 hour window. Is it good enough for fast weight loss? Does the IF make losing weight faster?
Also you're saying that hunger is just psychological, but my stomach physically hurts and makes noises and shit if I try not eating for more than 20 or so hours

>is it really healthy for me to become that skinny?
Is your body mass index above 18,5? If yes then it's ok.

Barring some kind of metabolic disease it is physiologically impossible to starve if you're above ~12% BF.

I've never thought of this, brilliant

Don't eat late, eat healthier food, avoid sugary drinks or keep them to a minimum, occasional situps and pushups, walk 4 miles a day, you'll feel amazing after a month man.

also drink a fuckton of water, its good for keeping your appetite in check.

Also, eat regularly, instead of having 3 big meals a day, break it up, eat smaller portions.
I eat about 5 times a day with light snacks in between. This morning I fried an egg and had black coffee, about an hour later I ate a handful of salted mixed nuts, and I'm eating a small piece of quiche I made a lot of earlier with some sugar snap peas. Its got bacon, spinach and goat cheese with creole seasoning. You can still eat tasty fucking food and eat healthy, if you're not an unimaginative faggot who doesn't know how to kitchen like a goddamn adult.

DIY liposuction probably

Steak knife, trash bag and shop c

yeah seriously, and it's not like the internet is devoid of recipes, there are probably millions of good ones out there.

wow how edgy
kys

Honestly man, quiche is super easy and healthy as fuck. If you have the right cookware (like a nice glass pan or ceramic pan) you can make quiche without any crust
boom, you just made quiche a baked pile of vegetables, meat and eggs with maybe some spices. Good, cheap and retard proof.

the gym isn't the best way to lose belly fat, retard. the best way to lose belly fat is to change your diet so that your body uses your belly fat as fuel.

stop drinking soda. its scary how much calories you can easily get my drinking those things.

i mean, its not hard if you do it right but i would feel like shit.

to add to what this user is saying, avoid diet soda too
if you like soda, keep it to a real, real minimum, and treat it like a dessert on its own. and honestly, if you do, make sure whatever company your getting uses real sugar and not hi fructose corn syrup.

that user here. i do drink diet soda sometimes if i crave something sweet for dinner. otherwise, its just water and fruit for me.

also op, try and drink coffee and tea. perfectly healthy.

fatty.

Thermogenics.

Bronkaid + Caffiene pill.

Increases your metabolism to an absurd degree (you'll literally feel your body is warmer than usual) and kills your appetite. Just be sure to take your electrolytes and be sure not to over drink water, because it'll make you feel thirsty as fuck when you really aren't and it will put you in a dangerous position if you drink too much water.

eat 2 meals a day (if you cant handle that, eat with but something light like a fruit, oats), stop drinking your calories and walk alot

>avoid diet soda too
can you (or anyone) expand on this? my wife is fat and doesn't believe me when i say this. need ammo.

>walk 4 miles

that would take forever. faster to just run for 20-40 minutes a day.

1lb of fat = 3500 calories
That is, eliminate 3500 calories from your diet and your body will consume ~1lb of fat.

1 can of soda is about 250 calories
2 cans ~500 calories
2 cans each day 7 days a week = 3500 calories.

Cutting 2 cans of soda from your diet will result in a net loss of about a lb per week.

Fasting, literally better than any medicine on the planet.

>I heard fasting is really dangerous.

people think just beacuse diet soda dosent have suger in it, that its healthy and they can drink as much as they want. in reality, they just trading one addition for another and there is weird shit in diet soda that cant be healthy if you drink a bottle of it everyday.

just tell her to to stop drink it so much and focus more on fruit or water if she has suger urges.

my mistake anons, i'm talking about the zero-calorie/zero sugar stuff. is that ok for her?

as long as she dosent drink a full bottle everyday, yeah.

Seriously, fasting is not a big deal, especially if you're already fat. I did a 7 day at 6'2" 272 dropped to 255, and haven't gone above 260 while not changing diet much at all after for 4 months. Though, I'm not saying it's a good way to keep large amounts of weight off long-term without consistent changes.
However, I always see people saying that is "really bad". How do they think people survived before grocery stores existed? I can't understand how human evolution would have made it a travesty to eat only once every couple days...

>Dropped only 10 pounds after 3 months and is happy about the fact that he didn't go back above 260
The people clinging to fasting are pathetic

There is advice here that is not in the sticky, namely, fasting is explicitly listed as a negative.

I'm sorry, I know poor reading comprehension is a general symptom of being retarded, let me try again:
I lost over 10 lbs in 7 days, and after stopping, normalized at a new weight 10 lbs lower, and have not gone back up despite continuing to be a fat fuck for the past 4 moths. But hey, keep your mind closed, you dogmatic faggot.

stop eating

fast for a week

I know what your post said. What I said isn't incorrect. You're still a fat fuck and you're happy about it.

You sound like an awesome fucking friend for fatties. Keep up the good work

>happy
No, I hate myself and want to die. But, fasting is still a legitimate means of losing weight in my experience, that's my point. And hey, maybe if you take a little "fast" from posting for a while it will help you with your autism :)

why

Whatever helps you fuel your delusions my man. Try counting calories and maybe you'll actually reach your goal.

He just doesn't eat for two days?

>not enough money
>not enough time
>posting on Veeky Forums

fuck off, fag.

thanks!

My proudest one was a fat fuck obese gal at work.

We're talking 400lbs

She comes to me crying and sobbing after having a heart scare.
>I can't do this any more I don't wanna die I want to be there for my kids.

8 years later and she's never gone back over 160.

I really REALLY took a lot of satisfaction in that one because she used to be part of that HAES wanna-be's at work. You know the type, always on the newest fad diet. Reassuring each other that's just their juh-net-icks and there's nothing they can do about it.

She starts dropping weight like crazy on 2 week fasts with 1 week re-feeds. They all turned on her. It was all out warfare. They were actually trying to sabotage her work, talking about her behind her back, getting up and leaving the breakroom when she sat down at their table.

I felt absolutely aweful for her. Instead of "Congratulations, oh my god that's amazing, What?! You're not diabetic any more? amazing we're so proud of you!" it was met with backstabbing vitriol.

I fully support fasting for fat people. I would say that if it works for you just go with it.

That's insane. I helped a fat chick at an old job drop 100 lbs (she was never a HAES type), then the resident fatty told my girlfriend and ex-fatty's boyfriend that we were having an affair in office.

What you're describing is the next level of what I saw.

>accused of having an affair

They pulled that shit on me too. HR even got involved in it.
>"There's been some accusation going around that we'd like to address"

Dude those fatties will do anything to keep their delusions in place. It's Cognitive Dissonance.

Essentially their world view is set up in a certain way with an established premise. In this case
>"Fat is a function of genetics, not diet"

Then something in their immediate life expressly challenges that premise.
>Fatass fatashamplanet friend who's been on every diet, and a fellow 'HAES' proponent goes and loses shitloads of weight

Since this established premise is the groundwork that holds up their view of reality their brains start trying to justify why the premise is still true to protect it's own understanding of reality.
>She's an anomoly and must be attacked

Shit like this has happened all the time throughout history in the form of mass hysteria. The Salem Witch trials, the Tulip Bulb scare, and McMartin preschool case are just the tip of the iceberg. So is the whole TRUMP IS A RACIST bullshit.

Hey m8s. My mom wants to lose weight and I don't know how to help her.

She is 52 and is now fat for the first time in her life. She exercises with a personal trainer 4 times a week but can't lose any weight. Her diet is not that bad, she has water with just about every meal and 1 glass of wine a night. She's not the type to skip chips with her sandwich, but rarely takes desert.

I've heard that fasting doesn't help with older women? Is that a meme? How can I help her? She really wants to lose it

Nice b8 m8 i r8 it -50000 kill urself

More protein, less not protein.