Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BXjpZ_XF5mo/?taken-by=trisarahsquats
youtube.com/watch?v=M8up6A4QesU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How the fuck would you do that accidentally

it's a chaotic world out there man

This is now a fitness jokes thread. I'll start:

>crossfit

Just hire someone with a mental disability to teach weightlifting and I guarantee they'll end up teaching crossfit.

Dyel detected

Have you competed in the open ever

yeah, i love the open. and non-crossfit people can do the workouts on their own and see how they stack up.

she has a more masculine shoulder to hip ratio than 90% of Veeky Forums

That's because only 10% of fit use steroids

I think a lot of games competitors are on the juice, but i think for the most part their physiques are attainable.

>your one rep max

wait, is crossfit really bad or is just a meme?

>tfw I go to crossfit 5 times a week

I would like to see Veeky Forums do I metcon, I guarantee you 90% of you guys cant even do RX and the ones that could would put up shit numbers.

there are some bad coaches/boxes out there that get meme'd to hell, but for the most part they are solid

>crossfit trying to be relevant to anyone besides their own autistic following
Cool thread guys.

i don't care what people believe, as long as they are lifting. call it whatever you want, the barbell still weighs the same.

Weight doesn't matter if you lift it like an aspie that was hit in the head with a shovel.

tell me you're in it for the money, not because you think crossfit is superior

the only way to really make money in fitness (besides instagram celebrities) is in personal training. i do it because i enjoy helping people get fitter.

What was your Metcon yesterday? mine was

>400m run
>15 power cleans (115lb)
>75 double unders

3 rounds for time

Jackie

meh, I dont like any of the girls. They are all so short that I feel like I cant get much out of them because I cant perform them at an intense enough level.

you can't get intensity out of Fran?

Fuck I forgot about fran, I try to blot thrusters out of my mind if at all possible. Easily my least favorite movement.

she's juicy fer suuure

men? yeah, some are

women? lel

this. she's 100% natty, has passed every drug test ever.
fit is a bunch of jealous fags who are angry cause they're still stuck on SS

I'm with you that Julie could be natty, but let's not equate passing tests to being natty. The NFL also tests their athletes... almost all pass.

That thing has a 4 inch clit

>could
she's clearly natty, she doesn't have huge shoulders or traps that roiders gets. you're actually the stupidest fucking person on this board
if you believe shes not natty

Why does she get to have those perfect bicep insertions while i get the shittiest one

I'm not making a statement either way, because i don't know, and neither do you. don't be a child.

instagram.com/p/BXjpZ_XF5mo/?taken-by=trisarahsquats

this completely average 5'7 girl pulls more than 99% of Veeky Forums completely natty. and Veeky Forums STILL thinks girls are weaker than men ahahahahaha

god this place is pathetic

Can you tell your fuckers to not do their "circuits" in a normal gym and get in everyone's way?

Crossfit is kind of a silly fad/meme but the hate it receives is so out of proportion. Get over yourselves.

all i can think of is snap city and fake weights

Fucking hell, that's such a shit-show. God-awful form, literally textbook definition of ego-lifting.

She's way bigger than the average 5'7 girl, by like 60 lbs at least.
Pretty irresponsible form too, but hey she's stronger than me.

Why do people here shit on crossfit?
I havent been on this board for this long before so get the meme

Just watch a couple infinite elgintensity videos related to crossfit. That will give you the opinion of the majority of Veeky Forums towads crossfit.

youtube.com/watch?v=M8up6A4QesU

How are the overweight 30-something blowjobs, OP? I would reckon that the ladies would be quite eager.

They are doing an axle clean and press, which is from strongman. I don't know what the fuck it's doing in a gym called "crossfit/strongman" but i've never seen it in CF outside of this giant shit show. That coach should be shot.

I take weak fat ladies and turn them into lean strong ladies and release them back into the wild. You're welcome.

Jesus, I feel a pain in my knees now

All without getting a blowie joey here or there?

None have been more attractive than my wife so far, but I think the option is there.

Will do thanks

wtf did I just watch?

Jesus, I think crossfit has some redeeming merits, but holy fuck no coach in their right mind would ask people to be doing those retarded lifts.

As I understand it, Crossfit claims to be a way to reinforce good body mechanics. At no point in that video were the people using good body mechanics... but instead of correcting them then backing up to baby-steps, the trainers were just encouraging them to get the weight overhead and hope it would sort itself out.

>not cheating on your wife
Come on, man. Everybody does it. Usually best done on business trips.

How large is the body of research on CrossFit specific exercise programs? Last I checked the cunt who created CrossFit threatened to sue anyone who dared even mention CrossFit in a bad way.

Asking legitimately, not trying to be a patronizing douche.

Clean mind clean body, brother

Almost every movement in Crossfit comes from somewhere else. You can pretty much cover ever foundational exercise in either Powerlifing, Oly lifting, Gymnastics, and Mono-structural movements (running, swimming, jump rope, rowing). We just add intensity, and try to vary the load and time variables to train the different metabolic pathways. So plenty of research exists for the elements of Crossfit, but no so much the methodology specifically, in part due to it being mainstream for less than a decade.

Changing the variables literally changes the methodology. What you just said is analagous to saying, "yeah, we tested 1 rep max bench press and correlated it with an increase in strength, so if you bench press 100 times with a lower weight our research says you will see an increase in strength." Which is analagous to what crossfit does with the exercises they borrow from other training modalities e.g. powerlifting, Oly, etc. The only difference I've noted in CrossFit type workouts is an emphasis on stressing the Anaerobic Glycolytic system using compound movements, the point of which I can only assume is the push the latate thrshold/Ventilatory Threshold/VO2max. Obviously the "WODs" change and certain days will have a different emphasis e.g. strength, cardiovascular, mobility, etc., but the only thing I see that makes CrossFit special (apart from the extreme hate that it gets), is the aforementioned emphasis on, as you put it, "different metabolic pathways."

>muh Metcon

This shit again.

I understand your point, but take your example of a very light, very high repetition barbell movement. The goal there is not strength building, it's met con and lactate threshold as you mentioned. Our strength programs utilize common PL and OLY programs (Wendler currently). The metabolic conditioning is based on targeting one of the 3 energy systems, which are most related to time and intensity.

Let's hear an argument then

>dat form

Jesus christ shes going straight to snap city.

>3 rounds for time
>doesnt post time
You fag.

My back hurts just watching that.

If you use Wendler's 5/3/1 then do you have clients stick strictly to that periodization scheme, or are they allowed to enter the gym whenever they please?

In my experience (I've coached non-crossfit classes at a CrossFit gym before), clients come in whenever they want, and just do the WODs without any regard for periodization, which is never really the clients fault because they rely on instructors for guidance, which isn't always present. However, although periodization is important, it can be overlooked by ignorant/apathetic trainers, which will negatively affect the clients.

I've actually been curious as to how many crossfit gyms treat their clients individually vs how many are group fitness class gurus.

We'll have Monday Wednesday Friday for Squat, Deadlift, OHP. If you miss that day, you're encouraged to make it up in open gym at some point so that you can stay on track. Usually individual athletes are motivated to stick with the program. If someone is only coming once a week, or totally off the program I'll just have them do 5x5 loaded to feel.