ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
I HAVE HAAAAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING ANTI-DEADLIFT THREADS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING BOARD!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/525304-are-deadlifts-good-or-bad-for-your-lower-back/
youtube.com/watch?v=yOpZLFoHENs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>EmpLemon
Oh boy, you're hopeless.

>does meme lifts for 2 years
>focusing on lower body
>errybody do the dinosaur incoming
>gets angry when other people actually prefer aesthetics and built upper body

Give me one reason someone should do conventional DLs over trap bar DLs if they aren't a powerlifter.

No reason. As long as you have any kind of floor pull in your workout that's a good thing. I'm just tired of ppl like shitting on possibly the GOAT compound lift because they think everyone who does them is t-rex mode

>they think everyone who does them is t-rex mode
That's squats...

>any kind of floor lift
How about just rack pulls (above the knee)? They're from the direction of the floor.

good meme. High rack pulls are good for your traps, but you'll build more muscle with greater ROM, ie, getting closer to the floor

>any floor pull
Power Clean Master Race

>by far the highest injury prone exercice
>if it snaps your shit, you can never fully heal
>plenty of safer alternative exist

stop load stuping amount of weight on your spine

t. pussy who is scared to pick up heavy things
Why won't this myth die? The risk of injury on a PROPERLY executed deadlift is extremely low if you're not trying to lift more than then then you can handle.
livestrong.com/article/525304-are-deadlifts-good-or-bad-for-your-lower-back/
Spoiler: research shows that deadlifts can alleviate back pain and are completely safe if done with good form

post body

TL;DR (because you sound like a lazy fuck) deadlifts are PERFECTLY SAFE and it is a MYTH that they're bad for your back

chances are you're a dyel wuss who can't deadlift with proper form and your lower back hurt after you tried it so now you think deadlifting automatically equals snap city even with good form

kill yourself

>by far the highest injury prone exercice
only if done with poor form
>if it snaps your shit, you can never fully heal
only if done with poor form
>plenty of safer alternative exist
the deadlift is safe. but not if done with poor form

>deadlifts are meme lift

Do high reps with the deadlift, with a moderate to low amount of weight and tell me then if it's not the king of exercises.

If you have a 405 pound max do 225 x 30 and then talk shit about how deadlifts are a meme tier lift and NOT God's perfect exercise.

What are you, a crossfitter? Deadlifts are not meant to be done with high reps. If you're doing 30 fucking reps of a highly complex compound movement, you're going to tire out and experience a breakdown of form and that's when it IS possible to go to snap city. Better to do 5 reps of clean, heavy deadlifts then do 30 inevitably sloppy reps

>30 reps
>on deadlift

You guys are fucking gay. If the weight goes up too high, too fast on ANY major compound, you are begging... BEGGING for joint and connective tissue degradation. and here's the funny part... YOU AREN'T EVEN GETTING AS GOOD A WORK OUT.

Try it.... one time. Half your max and rep out 30.

You don't have to "feel the pump" or whatever the fuck to get a good workout. "If you don't feel it it isn't working" is a myth. DEADLIFTS. ARE. SUPPOSED. TO. BE. DONE. HEAVY. If you exceed the 10 rep range on a deadlift you're wasting your time. You can congratulate yourself for getting all hot and sweaty in your exercise, but you sure as hell won't get any stronger

The problem with deadlift is if you make a mistake you cuck your lower back and because you can handle more weight from the deadlift position than other lifts mistakes tend to be more costly. At a certain point deadlifts are fucking your low back good form or not. A 600 lb deadlift produces enough sheering forces to injure you even with good form.

Maybe my goal isn't raw strength gains, ever thought of that? Maybe the goal is metabolic conditioning, cardiovascular fitness, and muscle development?

And yes, you will get stronger... it won't be 75-100% of your max for 1-5-12 stronger... but you WILL make 1-rep gains as well, and in the meantime won't have to worry about snapping your shit up.

High rep deadlifts put me into higher anaerobic oxygen debt than any other form of exercise other than max effort sprinting.

And of course, I get to pull con. whenever I'm deadlifting light, which is god tier grip strength gains.

General rule of thumb, and this is just one man's opinion, if you have to pull with straps or with a mixed grip, you are putting your vertebrae in more risk of dislocation/subluxation than is worth. Why pull strapped/mixed if you aren't a powerlifter? Just rep it out with a fixed, straight, neutral spine and see if it isn't the most intense thing you ever do with a barbell.

If your goals are purely aesthetic then do deadlifts for 10 reps. You will build more muscle with more weight and thus look better. I'm saying you should do high rep deadlifts because 1. Youre defeating the purpose, better off doing pendlay rows. 2. Form breakdown occurs easily in rapid, high reps sets, and the deadlift is NOT a lift you should be doing with anything less than impeccable form. Do 5s and 10s dude

Why would anyone do reps of anything outside of calves and forearms? You're fucking dumb. 12 reps is max for "A lot of reps" in any exercise, provided you want to actually build mass and strength.

Shut up and watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=yOpZLFoHENs

Getting out of breath in a workout doesn't mean shit. You'll be burning calories, but not building as much muscle and you sure as FUCK won't get stronger, which, is the key to building muscle obviously! Any idiot can make up a workout that will tire you out. That foesnt mean its working. So go do crossfit and make no gains

Nice try, but he didn't get to 325×30 by doing 30 rep sets every workout I can tell you that. It would be more impressive to see him squat 700×5 which he seems like he could

I'm talking, if you just want to be in SHAPE... big, functional, aesthetic, athletic... then you gotta rep out your barbell compounds, no question.

The quadfather himself knew it... and as for crossfitters... this is what the ELITE in that sport look like... the perfect blend of form and function.

You're right... sometimes he did x 40-50.

t. someone who doesnt understand basic principles of strength training like progressive overload

Of course different rep ranges will apply to different goals, but strength SHOULD be a goal in any program. Strength gains result in size gains. It's as simple as that. And if you want to build muscle to look good (get stronger) you shouldn't be exceeding 10-12 reps on compound movements

If you're fucking up on form, with 50% of your max, then I don't know maybe you're a novice who hasn't practiced enough.

I could see form degradation past 10 ONLY if you've got too much weight on the bar! Something like 70-85%... but 50%...? No. Not in my experience. It's just too light.

For example, take hold of the bar... JUST THE BAR... and tell me you couldn't rep out 200 deadlifts with picture perfect form... the weight just isn't high enough to get you the point where your back can't handle the load straightened, do you get what I'm saying? It's a different kind of exhaustion.

Let's pretend your form IS picture perfect on rep 30. The weight still isn't heavy enough to get you strong. IF YOU WANT TO BUILD MUSCLE YOU HAVE TO GAIN STRENGTH. OTHERWISE YOU'RE JUST BURNING CALORIES
Let me be clear, I'm talking about complex compound lifts here, not just any exercise like fuckin curls or whatever

I'm at a point now where, having observed the bodies of elite powerlifters, crossfitters, sprinters, endurance runners, weightlifters, etc... it seems to me that the sweet spot to be in for body comp/conditioning is moderate loading for volume.

If you do light loading for too long, you look like a kenyan but you can exercise forever... if you do heavy loading for too little, you look like Eric Spoto and you can bench 700 but you're liable to gas walking up a flight of stairs.

The place to be is in the middle. You want to be able to go as heavy as possible for volume. Crossfitters can't outrun a marathoner for distance, and they can't outpush a PLer on the bench, but the athletic variety and quality that they enjoy is much broader.

Take the video I linked of Platz doing 325 x 30 for example. At any point does it seem like his form is anything less than sublime? He's at the point of bordering muscle failure by the end of every set, and yet he isn't bowing forward at the hips or curling in the lower back at all, because part of the EFFORT of doing something like 50% x 30 is MAINTAINING perfect form.

I wanted to make my own topic but since this is up already I'll just ask here. I was deadlifting the other day and tweaked my back, I'm not in too much pain but when I sit down for too long my back gets tight and I can't move properly until it stretches out again. I am slowly getting better this is the second day and I feel better than yesterday but should I do anything other than rest? Just want to make sure I didn't fuck myself up forever especially because I didn't even use alot of weight since I was worried about hurting myself. Should I just sub deadlifts with another exercise in the future?

All freeweight exercises are from the direction of the floor.

This. I've always held that as a beginner you should take advantage of the low rep range since that is the best range for gaining strength and beginners gain strength very rapidly. Once you have a good foundation of raw strength it's best to move on to medium range if your goal is aesthetics

And can we stop acting like those elite crossfitters train for crossfit? Those guys do strength and conditioning training. Since they are already in great shape, Crossfit is a breeze for them. Crossfit WODs will not make you look like they do, but strength training will

In the post you replied to I conceded that form breakdown doesn't always happen, at least not to experienced lifters. I was saying that you have to use heavier weight to get stronger. Obviously Tom Platz is very strong and can lift a lot of weight. He did not get like that by doing 30 rep sets

>Strength gains result in size gains. It's as simple as that
> I'm at a point now where, having observed the bodies of elite powerlifters, crossfitters, sprinters, endurance runners, weightlifters, etc... it seems to me that the sweet spot to be in for body comp/conditioning is moderate loading for volume
Strength can be gained by not lifting heavy things. Yes heavy is best for gaining strength but not size. Size gains can be had just as well if not better through increasing reps. Endurance training can actually build strength and size to an extent; runners aren't proof to the contrary they tend to stay small because being big and heavy is a disadvantage. The heavy prevalence of AAS use in competitive sports conflates matters. What you see is often much less the result of their training and much more that juicing grows muscle fast.

Of course there are other ways to train for size, I was just saying strength gains will also result in size gains, intemded or not. The bigger a muscle grows, the stronger it has become. Simple

Thirty reps of deadlifts at any weight sounds like a one way ticket to snapping you're shit up tbqh. You don't snap your shit up from lifting heavy, you snap your shit up from form breakdown. Thirty reps ought to do the trick in that regard.

So to get back to my original point...

Deadlifts are not a meme lift... in fact, it's exactly the opposite. You can't do anything more intense with a barbell, potentially, than a deadlift set for reps. Tom Platz proved to my satisfaction that something like 325 x 30 was even possible with squats, which are more technical than deadlifts.

For raw conditioning purposes, deadlifting for reps is money.

>for conditioning purposes
yes
>for gains
no

If your 30rm is 135 lbs or something very light then no.

>half your max and do 30
Everyone does this, it's called a warmup you numbskull. Then I pull five heavy reps and actually workout.

Yeah nice try. If you're pulling half your max for 30 you're mowing down your fast twitch motor long before you even get into your "work set" of 5.

50% for 15 TOPS if you're warming up.

Deadlifts are the biggest meme lift. Nobody fucking knows how to do them. And I don't mean that people are doing them wrong, because apparently there is no right way to do them. Every time I pick up a barbell and start deadlifting, some guy comes to me and tells me I'm doing them wrong and I should do them his way. And every time it's a different advice, most of the time a contradicting one. Same with youtube videos on proper form. At this point i've accepted deadlifts are a good exercise that will inevitably fuck your lower back.

t.DYEL

>if you fuck it up you'll get hurt

Whoa no way.

>225 x 30

As someone that's built up to a 400lbs deadlift without touching anything weighing more than 300lbs I know this is legit as fuck - though I mainly used 20 or so reps. I'm sorry Veeky Forums is too stubborn to try new shit. They like their world of dogma. Which is funny, because the one program that everyone knows builds the most muscle the quickest is a fucking 20 rep squat program...

>Deadlifts are not meant to be done with high reps.
Says who?

>If you're doing 30 fucking reps of a highly complex compound movement, you're going to tire out and experience a breakdown of form
Yeah, with a weight you can easily handle. Meanwhile powerlifter wannabe McDingus doing "muh deadstop" for another maximal set of 5 is fine, even though the load is way closer to his limit, so that once the intensity causes form deviation he's snapped to shit.

>Why would anyone do reps of anything outside of calves and forearms?
Because it works. You'd know that if you tried it instead of just calling the dude dumb.

>If you exceed the 10 rep range on a deadlift you're wasting your time.
George Leeman used high rep deadlifts to get to where he's at. Don't even use steroids as an argument, if that's all it took everyone frauding would be able to deadlift 900+lbs.

get your girl to massage you