calisthenics won't make you strong

> calisthenics won't make you strong
> one armed moves exist

pick one

>one armed pushups make you strong
i can do one armed pushups with 40lbs on my back, but i cant bench 2 plates
you are retarded if you believe that you can reach even a similar amount of strength without weights

> Look at me, I can do it with shit form!

kek
sure senpai lets see yours

lol Veeky Forums won't even talk about this because they want to think calisthenics are gay but this is obviously brutal as fuck

>legs apart plebian pushups
not even once

Well yeah your arm is on the side of your body and thus you need countertorque in order to not fall over.

Yeah okay sure thing bud.

Do weighted calisthenics, just did a 100 pound dead hand hang chinup at 180 pounds.
Next week I'll try for 135(3 plate) weighted dip.

>135
>3 plate

LOL this stat padding faggot

The only time I'm impressed by calisthentics is when someone over 6'0" does them. Otherwise it's just manlets doing gymnastics to make themselves feel better about not having broad enough shoulders to move heavy weights.

Yeah cause 40lbs plus 120lbs bodyweight is still only 160lbs.

This whole thread is retarded, sage

Goodbye shoulders

I'm crying over you

3x45 lb plates on a dipping belt adds up to 135, or are you literally retarded

3pl8 is 315 lbs you FUCKING idiot

3pl8 on a barbell is 315 because 45(bar)+(45*6)(since 3 plates on both sides) 3 pl8 on a belt is just that, 3 plates.

how autistic do you have to be to use the "plate" rule while not talking about oly bb lifting?

To be more autistic, 135 + 180 = 315 so I would be doing a 3 plate total lift :^)
My Shoulders never felt better. Also Weighted dips are a meme, pic realted.

I can barely do like 5 one arm push ups but ive benched 2pl8 when i tried it in the jim.
A chin up is not harmful on shoulders in any way.

90+90+90=270

>spend a year being able to do a set of one armed pushups
vs
>spend a year of good training being able to do a set of 2pl8 bench and then being able to do one armed push ups because crossover with powerlifting is top notch

Every powerlifter ive seen is completely lacking in strength for pull ups and dips. Not to mention how none of really jacked strong guys can do a single leg raise without leaning back, swinging or bending their legs. The lack of core strength and body control from people who dont do bodyweight in their routine is very apparent.

>I've never done 1 handed pushups - the post

you put your hand in the middle right about where your heart is and they're very possible, although when you do then with legs wide apart you get more of a full body work out. one arm push up with legs together just blasts your chest.

same fag: actually in my mind it was in the middle but it s alittle more to the side your arm is on.

are you asian?

nah, a spic.
Training for strength is a meme, I look DYEL, DL 450, front squat 290, rack pull 675

>45 x 3 = 315

what did he mean by this?

>100lb chin at 180

I'm 145 and do that for reps. Though it's probably unfair cause I have one arm chins

How much do you weigh

I have one arm chin as well. Just now started adding weight because I felt guilty for not.

I'm 175 now, and have been doing then since I weighed 155

thatsYou?

You dont look DYEL you body dysmorphia mong.

Look pretty solid; nice going spicbro

who fucking cares? all that matters is impressing people, and if you think a 1 armed pushup is more impressive than a 2pl8 bench then thats your opinion

>inb4 bodybuilding/powerlifting/calisthenics etc. arent completely egoic in nature

I can do a one arm pushup anywhere. Everyone knows it's tough because they move their own bodyweight everyday and doing one arm pushups shows strength and personal mastery and discipline.

People aren't going to be in a position to watch us lift 2pl8 and the only people who fully understand how relatively heavy 2plate is are men and the few females who lift...who're almost always gay as fuck.

So...

One thing I never know how to call something more "impressive" than an other on weighted calisthenics is using total weight, relative weight(%of weight) or weight added. Like a Wilks thing I try to use in my head.
2 plate weighted pull ups and dips are pretty good if you weigh over 170 imo. Hopefully I'll be able to still do 100 pound chins when I bulk to 200 in winter.