Why do Yankees cry whenever you bring up Andersonville?

Why do Yankees cry whenever you bring up Andersonville?

>If [the Confederates] want eternal war, well and good; we accept the issue, and will dispossess them and put our friends in their place. I know thousands and millions of good people who at simple notice would come to North Alabama and accept the elegant houses and plantations there. If the people of Huntsville think different, let them persist in war three years longer, and then they will not be consulted. Three years ago by a little reflection and patience they could have had a hundred years of peace and prosperity, but they preferred war; very well. Last year they could have saved their slaves, but now it is too late. All the powers of earth cannot restore to them their slaves, any more than their dead grandfathers. Next year their lands will be taken, for in war we can take them, and rightfully, too, and in another year they may beg in vain for their lives. A people who will persevere in war beyond a certain limit ought to know the consequences. Many, many peoples with less pertinacity have been wiped out of national existence.

Confederates betrayed their country so crypto-Jews could continue to get rich by nigger slaves instead of having to give jobs to white people

le ebic make bombastic statements, go mad, and still require superior forces just to win maymay

Why are dixies still crying?

Said the man who got bitch slapped again and again in real battles against actual soldiers, so he had to resort to fighting women and children to have a (((victory))).

A Yankee will always whine about this or that. He will try to confuse you and break you into being his servant. Puritanical northerners are the original Jews.

>this kills the Unionist

DO IT AGAIN, UNCLE BILLY

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>A Yankee will always whine about this or that.

>Puritanical northerners are the original Jews.

So this is the power of Southern education (revisionism)

After the war they selectively enforced law to arrest lots of niggers to keep using them as slaves until the 1940s. Niggers also became dependent on whites anyway cause of sharecropping.

Because history's painted them as not only losers but unrepentant villains -- and at best, pitiable idiot victims. Whether or not you think that's actually true or fair, there's a prevailing meme that Dixies are second-class Americans; indeed, in some quarters, that they are below the negro. If I were born there I might well be pissed enough by the cultural bias to be defiantly dickish about my cultural/regional heritage.

They do get shit on a lot. They've learned to earn it, the same way I learned as a boy to be a dick to kids who picked on me so at least I wasn't getting beat up for being nice like some fag. I just wish they'd get tired of it. This Yankee has sure got tired of hating them and now I've got all this anger and seemingly no right way to express it. None of us can sustain this -- but then that's been theoretically true for like 200 years.

Everything that can be said against southerners during the civil war can be said about Americans and the War of Independence. Same with northerners and Brits.

the Yankee is immunized against all dangers. You may call him an aggressor, a carpetbagger, a nigger lover, and it all rolls off him like water on a raincoat.
But call him a Yankee and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

But they wouldn't be shat on so much if they didn't act like insufferable butthurt fags about it for nearly two centuries.
Look at Germany for example

Hi Nathan Bedford Forest, I can smell you through the cheeto dust logged in your cpu fan

>I've got all this anger and seemingly no right way to express it

You express it by exterminating the Yankee vermin down to the last man, woman, and faggot pronoun.

I don't eat cheetos

Yeah. As a New Englander this is a double-standard that really bugs me. I like Revolutionary themes and I celebrate independence because -- well -- it's part of my heritage. But I can't get excited about seizing the Indian protectorate, preserving slavery and slave trade from Parliamentary writ, and chimping the fuck out over taxes on imported luxuries. So part of it is playing along just because it's fun. Who doesn't love fife & drum? Who doesn't like to talk trash about Britain? But I have to be careful not to let the fun of it dictate my moral sense or my politics. Lucky for me, this conflict is that much farther away from me than the A.C.W. must be for people in the South. The R.W. is really just not that personal to me. Maybe that's a choice, but I think it's that much easier a choice for a Yankee to make. I've never felt I was expected to apologize for it.

This Yankee's proud to be, you prevaricating snake
Talk about water repellance, your slimy hide sheds rain near as well as it sheds honor

As much as I'd like to think Germany can set an example for defeated peoples I think they are a very unique case.

>wooden monitor
>fucking Romney sticker on it of all things

I hate this fucking meme but I like this picture

That's just crass though

>one of the few wars where there is an objective good guy and objective bad guy
>people still identify with and defend the bad guys
Why are Southerners so delusional?

DO IT AGAIN, UNCLE BILLY

>trying to prevent the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home makes you the bad guy

Keeping humans in bondage does

Thaaaaat's not the poooiiiint!

A lot of southern unionists died at the camp too. The Confederates even offered them the chance to leave several times as long as they'd change their allegiance to the CSA but most refused and what few that did accept just did it to escape and return to Union lines.

Away down South in the land of traitors,
Rattlesnakes and alligators,
Right away, come away, right away, come away.
Where cotton's king and men are chattels,
Union boys will win the battles,
(Chorus)
Then we'll all go down to Dixie,
Away, away,
Each Dixie boy must understand
That he must mind his Uncle Sam,
Away, away,
And we'll all go down to Dixie.
Away, away,
And we'll all go down to Dixie.
I wish I was in Baltimore,
I'd make Secession traitors roar,
We'll put the traitors all to rout.
I'll bet my boots we'll whip them out,
(Chorus)
Oh, may our Stars and Stripes still wave
Forever o'er the free and brave,
And let our motto ever be --
For Union and for Liberty!"
(Chorus)

Christ is pre Cold War American history of boring as shit

History would look much kinder upon dixies is they didn't do EVERYTHING in their power to complain about how oppressed they are, sabotage efforts of reconstruction, and just be unrepentent idiots like this lot
The cultures that prosper the most after losing a war do so after a long, hard introspective look at their values. A large subset (notice I did not say minority) still to this day views themselves as victims of the War of Northern Aggression. So they will continue to be mocked for being backwards dixieshits.

For the record, I live in the south (right next to a major battlefield in fact) and agree with the sentiment that people who take pride in their confederate heritage are unnecessarily demonized. The above anons, baiting or not, make my case impossible to argue.

>notice I did not say minority

That should be majority.